It's October soon, so let's here your horror stories involving any of your phones. I have not had any problems with my passport, but I do remember one of my first Mobil devices was a work device that I dropped into the toilet by accident. Fortunately, the water was clean, not full of.. junk. Unfortunately, the device squeaked to an almost watery grave. Believe it or not, but after I dried it out in a panic, it started working again in a couple of hours. I passed the device along to a colleague later that week, since we all had to share it. Never heard of any problems, thank goodness.

And this was a dozen years ago. So what's all this new talk now about waterproof phones?

Passport!
    09-22-16 11:58 AM
    I woke up thinking I sold my BlackBerry for an Iphone...but...it was just a nightmare

Posted via CB10 - 9900 -Playbook- Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2)
    methodinsane likes this.
    09-22-16 02:51 PM
    BB10 users don't have any horror stories. Just leave those to IOS and Android users.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    moyah8 likes this.
    09-22-16 07:42 PM
    Blackberry phones are great. Never had any trouble with any.

Don't get me started on my motorola rival though. What a piece of junk! Nice keyboard but the screen was awful and prone to white screen of death. It finally stayed white and never changed despite dropping or throwing or slamming on my knee.

Passport!
    09-22-16 08:33 PM
    I used to work for a Rogers dealership years ago, and I remember when the "LG Chocolate" came out. That oh one was literally a nightmare. It looked nice plus had a big marketing push from LG so a lot of people bought it only to have it fail in every sort of way possible. The real horror story was seeing this guy have his phone replaced fifteen times, as his replacement phones kept malfunctioning too.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 08:51 PM
    I had a nightmare where someone switched my Passport SE with an iphone7 together with an android high end smartphone! What a nightmare it was.. i woke up to find the best phone in the world beside me, the Passport SE! What a relief yeah..

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 11:31 PM
    BB10 users don't have any horror stories. Just leave those to IOS and Android users.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    Unless you load a dev os onto your main device!

Posted via CB10 on my PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    09-23-16 10:46 AM
    Oh now that is a horror story. And no 10.3.3 in sight.

Passport!
    09-23-16 11:15 AM
    I once attempted to flash a BB10 autoloader onto my BlackBerry Storm 9500 and it transformed into an 80 foot tall mechanical killing machine.

It destroyed half the city before it was finally brought down by an attempt to connect it to wi-fi.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) and moyah8 like this.
    09-23-16 01:57 PM
    My horror stories revolve around my beloved but flawed pre-BB 10 phones and the dreaded hourglass!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 02:36 PM
    Seems everyone is still doing well with BB10 now. How about in another year?
    09-25-16 06:52 PM
    Seems everyone is still doing well with BB10 now. How about in another year?
    My passport SE will still be able to send and receive emails, make and receive calls, send and receive text messages, view, create and update documents with docs to go, take photos all whilst still looking very pretty (as it has a protective glass and body glove), so..... I'm sure I will be just fine as all my needs now are covered and I too see them being covered in a years time. :-)

Posted via CB10 on my PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    09-26-16 07:03 AM
    I met this woman who was a disaster waiting to happen with phones. She once had a BlackBerry that she dropped into a cup in a cup holder in a car. Too bad it was dark outside and she realised too late that the cup held more than just empty air. That BlackBerry drowned.

She put another phone on top of her car another time and proceeded to drive away. Well, that phone smashed down on the pavement and was run over by the next car. It was totaled and in pieces.

She finally learned her lesson and bought a sturdier phone. One day she was canoeing on a pond with a friend and took out her latest phone. You know what happened next - she dropped that expensive phone overboard. Her friend spent the next fifteen minutes diving to recover the phone. Well, he did! Triumph! Best of all, that phone was a samsung s5 active and survived the ordeal, mud and all. I told her she should write to samsung and let them know that good news.

Last I heard, she was experiencing weird texting. All text messages coming to her arrived in Chinese characters. Same samsung phone. SMH...

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    11-02-16 09:23 PM