Setting up my new Passport from Amazon (my fourth one since launch, and the first that doesn't have defective construction) on my PC.

Installed Blend.

What in the world? I have every BB10 device I've ever had in the list (and that's quite a few, the vast majority were replaced).

Okay, BlackBerry Link installed to maybe get rid of of these. By default, every device has access to my PC through Link? I quickly disable those devices' access.

And I then find that there is literally no way to disassociate old BB10 phones with my BBID. So now I have a stupid list of randomly named devices that are no longer in my possession. I security wiped all of them.

What can I do?

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    11-09-14 11:56 AM
    When I delete a device from link it stays gone so I dunno what to tell you

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 11:57 AM
    I have about 10 computers associated with my phone in the settings from all my OS reinstalls. What's the deal?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 01:34 PM
    I'm reminded of the plot from the movie "Sex Tape" with Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 01:39 PM
    Try logging in to protect.blackberry.com with your BBID and select 'Manage Devices' at the top. I think you can remove devices from there.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-09-14 02:55 PM
    When I delete a device from link it stays gone so I dunno what to tell you

Posted via CB10
    How do you delete a device from Link? I can only disable their access to my PC.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 03:20 PM
    Go to blackberry protect website manage devices

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 03:26 PM
    How do you delete a device from Link? I can only disable their access to my PC.

Posted via CB10
    I guess I thought when it said remove device it deleted it.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 04:47 PM
    Go to blackberry protect website manage devices

Posted via CB10
    I have done that, about a week ago, and no results. Protect is clean, but I still have loads of devices in Link on my PC. And loads of computers in my BB10 settings on my Passport. A few keep cropping up in my file browser despite deleting them already.

Has anyone actually had success with this. Rather, does anyone else have the same issues as me? (those who have had multiple devices and have reinstalled your computer's OS or have multiple computers/a new computer since you set up Link?

This is a huge mess.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 09:23 PM
    I have a Q10 that keeps popping up, it's kind of annoying. The rest of my devices I was able to remove by logging into my BBID on my PC, but that one Q10 doesn't show up there, yet it still shows up on link & remote access

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 12:59 AM
    I have a Q10 that keeps popping up, it's kind of annoying. The rest of my devices I was able to remove by logging into my BBID on my PC, but that one Q10 doesn't show up there, yet it still shows up on link & remote access

Posted via CB10
    Where did you remove the other devices? And do you know how to remove desktops associated with your BBID?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 09:11 AM
    Bump for answers.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 06:18 PM
    I have done that, about a week ago, and no results. Protect is clean, but I still have loads of devices in Link on my PC. And loads of computers in my BB10 settings on my Passport. A few keep cropping up in my file browser despite deleting them already.

Has anyone actually had success with this. Rather, does anyone else have the same issues as me? (those who have had multiple devices and have reinstalled your computer's OS or have multiple computers/a new computer since you set up Link?

This is a huge mess.

Posted via CB10
    You know, I did have this issue, specifically with the file manager and a freaking PC I used once always showing up.

I have finally gotten rid of all of it, though I don't know for sure what did it. Here's what I know:

Go into Settings, Device Connections, then enable Device Connections. Long press on each device you wish to remove, and delete. Then disable device connections.

At that point they should be gone from File Manager. At that point I'd restart the phone and make sure they're gone.

Then go into link on your computer, log in, and remove whatever you can there.

I never went into BlackBerry Protect, so I don't know that that is necessary. But I do know that just now I turned on Device Connections to check, and the Macbook and PC both showed up and were suddenly back in the File Manager again. I followed the above steps and they're gone, but that info is still hanging out somewhere on the phone.

I should also point out that the only think I use Link for is backups, so I have Device Connections disable all the time. If you need that enabled, my suggestions don't apply.
    Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 12:14 AM
    I have about 9 PC's Ive used link and various devices on. Go to link and on the home page there is an option to delete the device and any associated data. Has always worked for me.
    11-11-14 06:51 AM
    You can remove devices through Link by clicking on the greyed out device and hitting delete. Also if you are really worried just completely uninstall Link and start from scratch.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 07:56 AM
    Okay, so I have only one BlackBerry device associated with my BBID now. That's good.

But I still have about 10 different computers associated with my ID that show up in device connection settings on my phone. And nothing gets rid of them. And every so often, one of them will pop up in my file manager (ones that I don't want there or even have anymore).

There needs to be a way to disassociate computers from your BBID! Thanks for the advice guys.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 10:08 AM
    Okay, so I have only one BlackBerry device associated with my BBID now. That's good.

But I still have about 10 different computers associated with my ID that show up in device connection settings on my phone. And nothing gets rid of them. And every so often, one of them will pop up in my file manager (ones that I don't want there or even have anymore).

There needs to be a way to disassociate computers from your BBID! Thanks for the advice guys.

Posted via CB10
    Yes this is super annoying. Every time I load a new leak I check to see if it's been fixed

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 04:27 PM
    Ugh, just now got a new Z30 and without ever having plugged it into the computer both the old laptop and my Mac book are on here. Definitely a problem on the BlackBerry ID side.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 04:50 PM
    Ugh, just now got a new Z30 and without ever having plugged it into the computer both the old laptop and my Mac book are on here. Definitely a problem on the BlackBerry ID side.

Posted via CB10
    It must refresh often, because the computers are back again, and one of the old computers is showing up in the file manager again. Definitely a BBID issue. I just can't seem to keep old computers out of my file manager without disabling connections.

Unbelievable the BlackBerry hasn't fixed this yet.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 06:04 AM