In the past two days, I've gone to bed with the Z30 between 40-60% battery life (charging during the day). In the morning, it's drained to almost 5%. Looking at the Device Monitor, System CPU usage seems to be consistently high between 9 PM and 9 AM. The System CPU usage curve looks almost like a square wave, but with the leading edge slowly ramping up over 4-5 hours. My guess is that there's some task(?) that's requesting System functions that's doing this? Has anyone else seen this behavior and tracked down the task?

Boot time oddly reports that it was done at 8:32 AM this morning, when I was still asleep.

Another odd thing is that Notifications is still Bedside after turning it off in the morning. Normally, Notifications are set on Silent and I switch on Beside Mode before going to sleep, then swipe it off in the morning. I would expect it to return to Silent after swiping off Bedside Mode.

Z30 STA100-5
    Software Release 10.3.2.2514
    OS 10.3.2.2789
    Radio 10.3.2.2790
    10-31-15 01:38 PM
    that's interesting i had huge draining on my z30 in 2 different days ,i thought one charger it's bad now i noticed that when i get a time zone changing notification it's not duplicate anymore , i wonder if bb it's updating our phones
    now my phone it's back to normal
    10-31-15 01:53 PM
    It's looking like it's one or both of the Amazon apps. I used Task Manager to kill the two running Android apps, the Amazon ones, and System CPU dropped sharply, as well as battery usage.
    rbtg likes this.
    11-01-15 05:46 AM
    that's interesting i had huge draining on my z30 in 2 different days ,i thought one charger it's bad now i noticed that when i get a time zone changing notification it's not duplicate anymore , i wonder if bb it's updating our phones
    now my phone it's back to normal
    Did you experience the same thing? The Amazon apps draining the CPU and battery?
    11-02-15 01:35 AM
    Did you experience the same thing? The Amazon apps draining the CPU and battery?
    not anymore and i didn't do anything
    11-03-15 06:09 AM
    High System CPU Usage, 9 PM to 9 AM-cpu-usage.jpg

I have high CPU usage issue right now. This is a nightmare... You can see the System is 72%, Standby is 16%. I tried to delete some apps that I installed recently. I feel that I did not do much to my ATT Unlocked Passport that I owned since the launch of Passport. This battery drainage is killing me. As a business heavy user, this simply does not work. I will have to throw the phone away... Any help, please...
    11-03-15 08:36 AM
    Here's mine from the past 48 hours on my Passport. It's got very high CPU usage yesterday afternoon. That's the same time the voice control servers for BlackBerry Assistant went down. I wonder if it's related? Does your BlackBerry Assistant work? At the time of the very high CPU usage the phone got very hot indeed, and sluggish.
    High System CPU Usage, 9 PM to 9 AM-img_20151103_064453.png

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 08:48 AM
    Here's mine from the past 48 hours on my Passport. It's got very high CPU usage yesterday afternoon. That's the same time the voice control servers for BlackBerry Assistant went down. I wonder if it's related? Does your BlackBerry Assistant work? At the time of the very high CPU usage the phone got very hot indeed, and sluggish
    I never used BlackBerry Assistant. I tried to disable all the functions except searching. My passport is very hot. This is not good.
    11-03-15 09:55 AM
    Are you on WiFi or mobile network during this time frame? What's the data usage graph?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 10:48 AM
    Turn full assistance mode in BlackBerry Assistant off anyway, if you've not already done so.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 10:56 AM
    Are you on WiFi or mobile network during this time frame? What's the data usage graph?

Posted via CB10
    I am 100% on mobile network only. The data usage is not crazy at all...
    11-03-15 11:05 AM
    - Restart the device and see if that works.

- To eliminate Android apps from the problem, download the free TaskManager by amitghosh from BlackBerry World. It'll allow you to kill all Android apps.
    11-03-15 11:45 AM
    - Restart the device and see if that works.

- To eliminate Android apps from the problem, download the free TaskManager by amitghosh from BlackBerry World. It'll allow you to kill all Android apps.
    - I restarted and it did not help.
    - I can not find TaskManager by amitghosh? Strange...
    11-03-15 12:17 PM
    I can't find TaskManager for my passport either. I have it on my old Z30, so maybe it's not available for Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 12:21 PM
    Right now I have 50% battery left, good for 3 hours. Isn't it great?
    11-03-15 01:28 PM
    When you click on System and look at the CPU Usage graph, what does it look like? Is there a pattern? For mine, I could see a clear pattern of CPU Usage ramping up around 9 PM, peaking about 4-5 hours later, then staying there until around 9 AM, at which time it would drop to normal. I would suggest viewing at 48 hours selected to see the most.
    11-03-15 01:35 PM
    When you click on System and look at the CPU Usage graph, what does it look like? Is there a pattern? For mine, I could see a clear pattern of CPU Usage ramping up around 9 PM, peaking about 4-5 hours later, then staying there until around 9 AM, at which time it would drop to normal. I would suggest viewing at 48 hours selected to see the most.
    I am trying to attach the screen shot... (Failed) No time to work on computer for the time being... No pattern at all.
    11-03-15 01:52 PM
    Also, charging time seems to be extremely long
    11-03-15 02:28 PM
    Sounds really strange! I've not experienced something like that, where the CPU just picks up a heavy load after a Restart. Maybe, just maybe, it's like after installing an updated OS is installed and it's re-indexing everything, in which case it should only happen for a day or two...

I think you're better off starting a new thread in the Passport section to see if anyone else has experienced the same.
    11-03-15 04:20 PM
    Hmm. This happened to me the other day on my Z30. Came home around 9 PM, switched to WiFi, sent to BlackBerry World, purchased an app and then it went up and drained the battery overnight.
    Only time I noticed it suddenly draining out though.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 09:08 AM
    After almost 10 days, my Passport finally cooled down. I tried Task Managers, it did not help. I tried Parent Control, and then deleted several apps, including CrackBerry app (which used 600mb storage space), then, it cooled down. Still see high CPU usage. But, it is not over heat. I can get probably 14 hours of battery instead of 6-8 hours.
    11-10-15 06:20 PM
    After almost 10 days, my Passport finally cooled down. I tried Task Managers, it did not help. I tried Parent Control, and then deleted several apps, including CrackBerry app (which used 600mb storage space), then, it cooled down. Still see high CPU usage. But, it is not over heat. I can get probably 14 hours of battery instead of 6-8 hours.
    Wow... that's pretty strange... Thanks for coming back and updating the thread.

My Z30 is back to normal.
    11-10-15 07:47 PM
    Try this:

- goto app manager
    - goto device manager
    - tap on the amazon app
    - clear data

This helped my overheating / battery drain issues

Edmund

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 10:52 AM
    Try this:

- goto app manager
    - goto device manager
    - tap on the amazon app
    - clear data

This helped my overheating / battery drain issues

Edmund
    Thanks!

I actually spoke too soon. I experienced the drain (CPU to 80%!) again yesterday. When I tried to use Task Manager to kill the Android apps, I discovered that the Android Runtime had crash/wasn't running anymore. It wouldn't restart (with running an Android app). I just rebooted and things are good again.
    11-11-15 12:44 PM
    My Passport cooled down and system CPU usage seems to be lowered, after tried all the tips listed in different posts. Thank you, guys! Good to have a usable phone back.
    11-11-15 11:11 PM
61 123