Hi! Anyone here able to setup their Hidemyass Pro VPN account on their BB10 device (Z10)?

If yes, care to share the steps?

Thanks!

Ast

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 12:03 PM
    Not sure if this will help, but read this.
    04-07-13 06:05 PM
    I use HMA on my pc which has a lan wired connection to Internet. Then connectify to set up a wifi hot spot on the pc as it also has a wifi card, then connect my z10 or playbook to the hot spot. Not ideal but it works.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 06:47 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

Setting up HMA on BB10 seems a bit more complicated than expected, there seems to be more fields on the setup, I already emailed HMA if they can guide me thru on how to setup their Pro VPN service on my Bb10 unit, but the csr seems to be a bit lazy, the reply was only that they dont support BB10 units yet. Sigh.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 06:59 PM
    04-07-13 08:44 PM
    From what I can tell - there's no built in ability for HMA.

Only working solution I've had so far is to put the Z10 behind a router with HMA integrated.
    Tyler Gillan likes this.
    04-07-13 11:44 PM
    I think any vpn service will do, just a matter on how to set it up with BB10 OS?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:01 AM
    I use HMA on my pc which has a lan wired connection to Internet. Then connectify to set up a wifi hot spot on the pc as it also has a wifi card, then connect my z10 or playbook to the hot spot. Not ideal but it works.

Posted via CB10
    This is my setup as well. Except I use a different proxy.
    04-09-13 07:03 AM
    I think any vpn service will do, just a matter on how to set it up with BB10 OS?
    Posted via CB10
    No. BB10 does not support most common VPN protocols. Namely, vast majority of VPN providers offer service using: IPSEC L2TP, PPTP, and/or OpenVPN. BB10 supports none of those. Need to use a provider that supports one of the VPN protocols BB10 has.
    bizdudePB likes this.
    04-09-13 03:39 PM
    Oh, ok, don't know the technical aspects of VPN, I guess it has something to do with security.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:14 PM
    These guys support BB10

https://www.witopia.com/products/
    Has anybody tried this? I'm looking for a back up plan in case TSN limits their Masters coverage to Bell phones (like they did for the NCAA basket ball game last night )
    04-09-13 11:27 PM
    I use supervpn blackberry plan to connect my Z10, Curve 9380 and Playbook.

VPN For BlackBerry Z10 | BlackBerry Z10 VPN Services

You can connect multiple devices with one plan and you have more than 20 worldwide vpn server locations.
    05-04-13 04:21 PM
    Thanks a lot for the info on supervpn! Do they have a guide on how to setup your Bb10 and PlayBook?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:22 PM
    I do. I'm now testing witopia.net PersonalVPN Basic service and faced with some connection instability while working over mobile network. I have "key" sign at the top of a screen wich means that I have VPN connetion but haven't "bb" sign wich means that I have not connection to BB services. Also I haven't access to any other internet services such as WWW or e-mail. After manual VPN reconnection all works fine.
    So I don't sure that this is a witopia problem. Probably it caused mobile network instability.
    05-24-13 02:19 AM
    Anyone knows a free vpn service for z10?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 02:22 AM
    HideMyAss is runned by the FBI as a honeypot...see what happened to one of the Lulzsec member that thought he was safe using that junk VPN...just my 2 cents

posted using my Z10
    nisarg86 likes this.
    05-28-13 04:08 AM
    No. BB10 does not support most common VPN protocols. Namely, vast majority of VPN providers offer service using: IPSEC L2TP, PPTP, and/or OpenVPN. BB10 supports none of those. Need to use a provider that supports one of the VPN protocols BB10 has.
    That is correct, however of those 3 standards you mention only OpenVPN is worth implementing and I'm hoping it will come in a future release, preferably with Blowfish support.

As I've pointed out on other threads L2TP and PPTP are both so weak that they do really provide privacy from a basic hacker. It is possible to download man-in-the-middle attack freeware that just sniffs the initialisation packets for the passwords. From that point the entire session can be decoded, meaning the contents of the VPN tunnel are observable. Also the hacker can login as you from that point forward.

Just keep asking BlackBerry for OpenVPN.

Posted via CB10
    nisarg86 likes this.
    05-28-13 06:27 AM
    Has anybody tried this? I'm looking for a back up plan in case TSN limits their Masters coverage to Bell phones (like they did for the NCAA basket ball game last night )
    I've been using WiTopia for a few days and it seems to work fine. If you do have any issues their support is very responsive.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    05-28-13 09:00 AM
    Like i said it's even weaker to use a FBI honeypot for VPN....
    05-28-13 01:28 PM
    Hide my ***?lOL

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    05-28-13 09:32 PM
    Unless the only reason you're using it is for Netflix and Pandora, as they're monitoring all us traffic anyways

Enviado desde mi LG-LS670 usando Tapatalk 2
    05-30-13 04:40 AM
    Is this still true with 10.3? I see a generic VPN option in the VPN list, but then it asks for a key.
    11-26-14 12:22 AM
    These guys support BB10

https://www.witopia.com/products/
    I just dumped HMA and went with Witopia. I was able to connect my BB10 device successfully, and Witopia is cheaper than HMA. HMA seems to have more server options (e.g. more in a given city). So thank you to lcohen999 for mentioning this site.

I had some issues connecting but used their online chat and got it resolved in less than 5 minutes.

Format 1 didn't work, and the support guy said to use Format 2. That worked. Here's the excerpt from their instructions:
    Enter your VPN username
    There are two formats for usernames and they are NOT interchangeable. Please see the “details” under your active services via the portal to see your correct username.

Format 1: username@witopia (notice that there is no .net at the end)
    Format 2: W\your@email.com (the W \ must be present)
    11-26-14 01:21 AM