Tap with two thumbs at a time on typing field. The app closes or crashes. Try on bbm chat

Posted via CB10
    Wow! Just tried this..
    On BBM it just go back to the main screen. In Hub it returns to the main Hub page.

Not sure if this is a bug or feature.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 09:10 AM
    Should be a bug I guess, because (not from the hub) an application isn't supposed to just close when tapped with two thumbs, maybe return to the main chats' screen (like on whatsapp) but not close all the way to the home screen, right?

Zeeeeeeeeeeeeee ^_^
    05-03-14 09:17 AM
    I only noticed this the other week, but if you tap on the page dots at the bottom of your screen it goes straight to that page instead of scrolling.
    I've had my z10 since launch and only just noticed this lol

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 03:50 PM
    Wow! Just tried this..
    On BBM it just go back to the main screen. In Hub it returns to the main Hub page.

Not sure if this is a bug or feature.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Works like mentioned.
    Looks like a feature of some kind.
    But works only on a screen when the cursor is blinking.

Q5SQR100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-17-14 01:54 AM
    Tap with two thumbs at a time on typing field. The app closes or crashes. Try on bbm chat

Posted via CB10
    Lol I clicked reply to this thread and double tapped and if closed the CB app hahahah took me a bit to find the thread again hahah thanks
    Allwyn John and Zeds like this.
    08-17-14 02:27 AM
    How many of you know the pinch to list all unread items in the BlackBerry Hub?

Vice versa to return to BlackBerry hub's normal view

Q5SQR100-3/10.2.1.3247
    David Tyler likes this.
    09-19-14 11:30 AM
    I knew of that one. I didn't know about the pinch to "zoom" in the remember app. I found that to come in useful.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 12:14 PM
    I knew of that one. I didn't know about the pinch to "zoom" in the remember app. I found that to come in useful.

Posted via CB10
    Tell me more! I didn't know that. I'm a big fan of the Remember App.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 01:13 PM
    Very useful post since even though there are some features I already knew I've forgotten them, so it has been very useful to remember and couple of them I didn't definitely know.
    Thanks a lot!
    Regards

Posted via CB10
    Jimi Wright and Zeds like this.
    09-19-14 01:27 PM
    I just did a pinch to see unread mail. I never knew that one.

Is there some way to "delete affer" like the old BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 06:05 PM
    I just did a pinch to see unread mail. I never knew that one.

Is there some way to "delete affer" like the old BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    Long press on the date and you will get the over flow menu with the trash can with down arrow icon.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 09:37 PM
    Long press on the date and you will get the over flow menu with the trash can with down arrow icon.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Works like a champ.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 11:00 PM
    Cool, you always learn new tricks on a daily basis

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 11:08 PM
    I like the long press on a letter on the keyboard to capitalise.

Zoom Zoom Z30
    lazyasada likes this.
    09-19-14 11:38 PM
    How many of you know the pinch to list all unread items in the BlackBerry Hub?

Vice versa to return to BlackBerry hub's normal view

Q5SQR100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Also you can go to the unready items one after the other, by pressing 'U' key (q5/q10) one at a time. Each time U is pressed, the next unready item will get highlighted.

Q5SQR100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-20-14 11:13 PM
    I am of the opinion that one liners should be avoided as in most other forums.
    An 'I agree' can be represented as a thumbs up or heart symbol on that particular post.

No offence to anyone.

Q5SQR100-3/10.2.1.3247
    gariac likes this.
    09-20-14 11:20 PM
    Two queries:

1. The bbOS7 has a feature which could 'undo' a particular action while typing.
    Can somebody please tell me if the same is available on the bb10 OS.

2. How do I "select all" in BlackBerry hub etc?

Q5SQR100-3/10.2.1.3247
    10-08-14 12:39 PM
    Two queries:

1. The bbOS7 has a feature which could 'undo' a particular action while typing.
    Can somebody please tell me if the same is available on the bb10 OS.

2. How do I "select all" in BlackBerry hub etc?

Q5SQR100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Select all is accomplished by long pressing on the date at the top of the Hub list, which is effectively select all.

I don't know about the undo. I think BlackBerry said they were going to add it in a future version, but then again that could be wishful thinking on my part.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3337
    10-08-14 04:40 PM
    I learned that on the Z10 keyboard that I hold the shift key and then press the send button in BBM I can get a new paragraph.

Also, the search feature is awesome. It's a one stop shop for looking for stuff either on the device (contacts, calendar, etc.) or Internet (Duckduckgo or Google, etc.). You can sort of customise it to.

Btw, Duckduckgo is not native to BlackBerry. I had to go into the browser and add it. Go into the native browser and find your favourite search engine. Go to the flow button and look for " Add Search". Not all alternate internet search engines can be added.

I hope this adds to the BBOS10 experience.

Rocking a Z10
    Stomps01 likes this.
    10-10-14 04:00 AM
    A new Passport user here.

Is there a way to "pin" an app on the app switcher? I want my web browser to be always there, regardless of how many other apps I may open and close.
    On the other hand, I don't want the phone and camera apps to show up on the switcher, since there are small phone app and camera app icons on the switcher screen anyway.
    anon(5784895) likes this.
    10-10-14 07:13 AM
    I'm not fully sure what you mean by an" App Switcher "but I think I understand what you're getting at. I just place my browser on the top row of the main screen and for my search extension (in the search set up) I moved my search engine to the top of the list. I find this method gets me quick access to the answers I seek. This may not exactly be what you're looking for but this will get you closer to it.

Rocking a Z10
    10-10-14 07:33 AM
    I'm not fully sure what you mean by an" App Switcher "but I think I understand what you're getting at. I just place my browser on the top row of the main screen and for my search extension (in the search set up) I moved my search engine to the top of the list. I find this method gets me quick access to the answers I seek. This may not exactly be what you're looking for but this will get you closer to it.

Rocking a Z10
    I am new to BB10 coming from iOS, so I don't have the full Bb vocabulary. By app switcher I mean where you are taken to whenever you do a slide in gesture from the bottom. I guess "home" on Bb10 is that, not where app icons are.

I mean, with plenty of ram (at least on Passport), I don't see why they limit active apps to 8 in the first place, But I would guess that's a more fundamental OS architectural issue, so I will leave it at that, but the point is having quicker access to the frequently used apps. If you have two apps you spend 60% of time on, with the rest of time spent on 20 other apps, you would want those 2 apps to be always at an easy disposal, instead of all 22 apps cycling through the home menu.

I guess i mean something along the line of home screen on android (as opposed to the app drawer where you have all of the apps) or dock on iOS. A favourites or a shortcut. Not just for the browser either.

And since I use a third party browser, your method probably won't work well for me.
    10-10-14 10:53 AM
    Gotcha, once you mentioned Android. I have the Nexus 7. Yeah, BlackBerry doesn't have what you're asking for. I have Apps I use more than others and so, I just put them at the top of the first screen so they're always available and the rest of the apps get put in respective folders.... sometimes I forget which folder I put them in.

Curious, why a third party Browser? And, which one?Perhaps, I'm missing out on something good.

Rocking a Z10
    10-10-14 11:30 AM
    I am new to BB10 coming from iOS, so I don't have the full Bb vocabulary. By app switcher I mean where you are taken to whenever you do a slide in gesture from the bottom. I guess "home" on Bb10 is that, not where app icons are.

I mean, with plenty of ram (at least on Passport), I don't see why they limit active apps to 8 in the first place, But I would guess that's a more fundamental OS architectural issue, so I will leave it at that, but the point is having quicker access to the frequently used apps. If you have two apps you spend 60% of time on, with the rest of time spent on 20 other apps, you would want those 2 apps to be always at an easy disposal, instead of all 22 apps cycling through the home menu.

I guess i mean something along the line of home screen on android (as opposed to the app drawer where you have all of the apps) or dock on iOS. A favourites or a shortcut. Not just for the browser either.

And since I use a third party browser, your method probably won't work well for me.
    You can arrange the icons on the pages by dragging them. Put your most used icons on the first page.

I would like to see the return of folders to Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 12:14 PM
    My compiled Z10 Tricks / Tips from awhile back..... http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=841499
    10-10-14 01:42 PM
140 ... 23456