I have a problem here on how to renew it. I don't have nor have a reach to a PayPal or credit card or any of that and my friends don't want to use BBM no more so I need WhatsApp. If there is a way to renew it for free please let me know

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 10:30 AM
    What about a prepaid, pre-loaded card?
    02-20-14 10:32 AM
    If your friends won't switch, there are a couple of options:
    1) Ask your friends if you can use their paypal account or their credit card, or,
    2) Get new friends.

I don't understand the resistance to BBM, especially since it is free and new features are being added. Seems to me that you need to demonstrate to them why it makes sense to use BBM.
    mzway likes this.
    02-20-14 10:36 AM
    @jeandry don't worry it will renew by itself for free, I and my friend experience like that

CrackBerry Addict
    02-20-14 10:37 AM
    I don't understand the resistance to BBM, especially since it is free and new features are being added. Seems to me that you need to demonstrate to them why it makes sense to use BBM.
    It's ridiculous! My three best friends--the only holdouts I cared about--ended up switching yesterday after the Facebook acquisition news broke. One doesn't care either way, one really, really likes it, and one still hates it for reasons he can't explain to us well enough .
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    02-20-14 10:45 AM
    Hmm, the main reason they don't use it anymore is because " the user base is poor so I don't want it, plus WhatsApp I already have everyone on it. No need to add pin numbers"

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 01:58 PM
    @jeandry don't worry it will renew by itself for free, I and my friend experience like that

CrackBerry Addict
    You sure about that? How long does it take for it to go for free?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 02:00 PM
    I knew that feel
    Thankfully now that Voice and Gingerbread support was added, a lot more switched over! They're now looking forward to Video!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 02:05 PM
    Here in South Africa we been using whatsapp for years without paying lol even when the service has "expired"

So we not really worried about the new move, as long as it will still be working.

Posted on a sexy QTEN
    02-20-14 02:12 PM
    Here in South Africa we been using whatsapp for years without paying lol even when the service has "expired"

So we not really worried about the new move, as long as it will still be working.

Posted on a sexy QTEN
    Let's hope so

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 11:38 PM
    Told all my friends to use BBM or sms and I deleted whatsapp. Lol

STL-4. 10.2.1.2141 w/ 1259 clock
    02-22-14 08:36 AM
    Told all my friends to use BBM or sms and I deleted whatsapp. Lol

STL-4. 10.2.1.2141 w/ 1259 clock
    And probably don't talk to them as much or use text a lot more

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    02-22-14 08:40 AM
    Mine renewed for free for another year
    02-22-14 08:49 AM
    I deleted WhatsApp. I only used it for a group project then deleted it.

Here in Toronto almost everyone I know has bbm anyways whether it be their BlackBerry or other platform.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 08:54 AM
    Hmm, the main reason they don't use it anymore is because " the user base is poor so I don't want it, plus WhatsApp I already have everyone on it. No need to add pin numbers"

Posted via CB10
    No need because it's not innovative and just uses their phone number and sends a text message. I don't need an app to send texts. I have sms

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 09:01 AM
    Let's save the BBM vs. Whatsapp arguments for another thread and help the OP with the issue at hand.
    Uzi likes this.
    02-22-14 09:34 AM
    I think its just the huge user base and the ability that whatsapp contacts automatically show up in the app...no need for invites.
    02-22-14 11:04 AM
    You sure about that? How long does it take for it to go for free?

Posted via CB10
    Same here. I had whatsapp for about 4 years on 2 separate numbers (recently disactivated them) and I never paid a penny. Whenever each one expired, whatsapp extended the expiry by one year.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 11:24 AM
    I have a problem here on how to renew it. I don't have nor have a reach to a PayPal or credit card or any of that and my friends don't want to use BBM no more so I need WhatsApp. If there is a way to renew it for free please let me know

Posted via CB10
    Dude there is always SMS and MMS. not the end of the world.
    02-22-14 12:23 PM
    Sell some piece of tat you don't want on ebay, no doubt you will be forced to accept paypal. You can use your 5 dollars in paypal to pay for whatsapp for next 5 years, and if that doesn't seem long enough - dont worry something better will probably be the standard by then.
    02-22-14 01:50 PM
    Let's hope so

Posted via CB10
    Always when there's a week left in my "subscription" it gets extended another year... been that way for like 4 years

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.2102
    02-22-14 02:02 PM
    I think its just the huge user base and the ability that whatsapp contacts automatically show up in the app...no need for invites.
    This.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 02:16 PM
    I ain't gonna spend a penny on sms! Or any of those.. I don't know about you, but for sms you need to pay and it's annoying.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 02:18 PM
    Not an ideal solution for those with international contacts.
    02-22-14 02:32 PM
    I ain't gonna spend a penny on sms! Or any of those.. I don't know about you, but for sms you need to pay and it's annoying.

Posted via CB10
    It all depends on your carrier or sms plan. Nothing is annoying about sms that's a cop out excuse that is ill thought out! It existed years before data messaging clients and for most it's convenient enough. Curious how much you or others pay for data as a whole and how close you come to your monthly limit without I'm type chats?

Plus there is BBM which is thr only one that is compressed.

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    02-22-14 03:03 PM
27 12