Hadn't had it happen in a week or more and had wifi limited connectivity issue today that couldn't be resolved by turning wifi on and off, I had to turn off mobile network altogether (usually just turning off mobile data only works). Since I saw no posts to the previous 49 page thread I thought maybe wifi issue was resolved and when I realized I couldn't comment due to thread being closed I found this one which indicates wifi connectivity is still f***ed up. If I didn't like my Z30 phone so damn much (and have 1.5 yrs until I'm eligible for an upgrade) I would bail. I'm to the point that I can't in good consciousness recommend BlackBerry products to anyone (which is a complete 180). Why can't BlackBerry fix this issue and keep their loyal customers loyal? I also question Crackberry 's sweeping this issue "under the rug" and silence on this issue.
    (Wow that felt better, imagine how good we'd feel not burning thru data unnecessarily) ...

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry

06-17-14 10:35 PM
    Hadn't had it happen in a week or more and had wifi limited connectivity issue today that couldn't be resolved by turning wifi on and off, I had to turn off mobile network altogether (usually just turning off mobile data only works). Since I saw no posts to the previous 49 page thread I thought maybe wifi issue was resolved and when I realized I couldn't comment due to thread being closed I found this one which indicates wifi connectivity is still f***ed up. If I didn't like my Z30 phone so damn much (and have 1.5 yrs until I'm eligible for an upgrade) I would bail. I'm to the point that I can't in good consciousness recommend BlackBerry products to anyone (which is a complete 180). Why can't BlackBerry fix this issue and keep their loyal customers loyal? I also question Crackberry 's sweeping this issue "under the rug" and silence on this issue.
    (Wow that felt better, imagine how good we'd feel not burning thru data unnecessarily) ...

You're talking about a different issue. The OP here made the genius statement that web site downtimes are related to BlackBerry 10 Wifi errors....

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    06-17-14 10:42 PM
    The op is correct.

In my thread I posted that it was no coincidence that my BlackBerry 10's in the house lost connectivity to my home wifi when this happened

And here we go again...-img_20140617_182416.png

I tried the BlackBerry. Com site on my ipad and my son's iPhone which were still connected to my home network and BlackBerry. Com was down. I tried from my laptop also on the same network and it was down.

When BlackBerry. Com came back up so did my wifi connectivity.

Clearly when attempting to enable wifi the device pings BlackBerry. Com to establish connectivity strength and if the site is down, the device doesn't connect.

Meanwhile how many people are using data not knowing they aren't connected when they think they are? The issue is BlackBerry.com related.

THERE IS NO WAY SO MANY USERS Can report the same problem from independent wifi networks at the same time. Impossible coincidence.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10484402

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    06-17-14 11:28 PM
    The op is correct.

In my thread I posted that it was no coincidence that my BlackBerry 10's in the house lost connectivity to my home wifi when this happened

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140617_182416.png 
Views:	833 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	278663

I tried the BlackBerry. Com site on my ipad and my son's iPhone which were still connected to my home network and BlackBerry. Com was down. I tried from my laptop also on the same network and it was down.

When BlackBerry. Com came back up so did my wifi connectivity.

Clearly when attempting to enable wifi the device pings BlackBerry. Com to establish connectivity strength and if the site is down, the device doesn't connect.

Meanwhile how many people are using data not knowing they aren't connected when they think they are? The issue is BlackBerry.com related.

THERE IS NO WAY SO MANY USERS Can report the same problem from independent wifi networks at the same time. Impossible coincidence.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10484402

The OP is blaming a BlackBerry error on a web site outage. He is all over the place pointing fingers, as are the other people who are jumping on the bandwagon saying BlackBerry created a phone that's dependent upon BB.com's web site being up.

It's ludicrous!

06-17-14 11:44 PM
    The OP is blaming a BlackBerry error on a web site outage. He is all over the place pointing fingers, as are the other people who are jumping on the bandwagon saying BlackBerry created a phone that's dependent upon BB.com's web site being up.

It's ludicrous!

What's your hypothesis then on why these outages are being reported usually at the same time WHILE bb.com is down?

I've been watching this now the last few times that this issue arose and it has coincided with bb.com being down. That is one large coincidence to have so me many people on their own independent home networks report this issue at the same time don't you think? Still think it's ludicrous? Perhaps you can enlighten us with your reason or thoughts.

06-18-14 01:14 AM
    What's your hypothesis then on why these outages are being reported usually at the same time WHILE bb.com is down?

I've been watching this now the last few times that this issue arose and it has coincided with bb.com being down. That is one large coincidence to have so me many people on their own independent home networks report this issue at the same time don't you think? Still think it's ludicrous? Perhaps you can enlighten us with your reason or thoughts.

I don't want to point out the obvious to you or tell you the basic information you've left out in your various posts, I'd rather see you continue on with your conspiracy theories. It's kind of amazing.

At the end of all of this, I will personally buy you a "How The Internet Works For Dummies" book.

And for the mods, this is not calling him a "dummy", this is the title of a book I believe he should read, so there is no need to issue your beloved "infractions".

06-18-14 01:16 AM
    I don't want to point out the obvious to you or tell you the basic information you've left out in your various posts, I'd rather see you continue on with your conspiracy theories. It's kind of amazing.

At the end of all of this, I will personally buy you a "How The Internet Works For Dummies" book.

And for the mods, this is not calling him a "dummy", this is the title of a book I believe he should read, so there is no need to issue your beloved "infractions".

Dude. You need to slow your roll. Try doing a little reading around here. My original post is a follow up to a well documented (here in the forums) issue that absolutely checks out and has been confirmed globally. It happened a week or two ago when the Blackberry.com domain was unreachable, and happened again yesterday during their website outage. BB10 checks for internet connectivity via wifi before deciding whether to route data through your mobile data or the wifi...it does this by pinging a blackberry.com server. If it cannot reach that server the device assumes you do not have internet connectivity via wifi and defaults back to your mobile data connection. Every single time I've had the "limited wifi" error message, I am also able to verify the simultaneous outage of Blackberry.com... the moment it is restored, the error goes away. It's not a conspiracy, I'm not "all over the place" pointing fingers...seriously, you're making yourself look silly with your rant.
    06-18-14 02:27 AM
    Dude. You need to slow your roll. Try doing a little reading around here. My original post is a follow up to a well documented (here in the forums) issue that absolutely checks out and has been confirmed globally. It happened a week or two ago when the Blackberry.com domain was unreachable, and happened again yesterday during their website outage. BB10 checks for internet connectivity via wifi before deciding whether to route data through your mobile data or the wifi...it does this by pinging a blackberry.com server. If it cannot reach that server the device assumes you do not have wifi connectivity and defaults back to your mobile data. Every single time I've had the "limited wifi" error message, I am also unable to reach the Blackberry.com website... the moment it is restored, the error goes away. It's not a conspiracy, I'm not "all over the place" pointing fingers...seriously, you're making yourself look silly with your rant.
    Makes sense. Next time this happens, I'll check the BlackBerry web site.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 02:32 AM
    Are you seriously attributing a wifi error on your BlackBerry to BlackBerry's website going down?????

Yes Sherlock

Posted via CB10 on glorious Z10 powered by 10.2.1.3175
    Doggerz likes this.
    06-18-14 02:42 AM
    Yh...no

Mind worked today wen the site was down

Posted via CB10
    PHughes likes this.
    06-18-14 02:58 AM
    Yh...no

Mind worked today wen the site was down

Posted via CB10
    Mine didn't

Don't get me wrong, I am twch savy person, I know how networks and wifi work... and it is strange and plain stupid.

06-18-14 03:03 AM
    It would be indeed really stupid for BlackBerry to do this!
    I'm a bit sceptical about that bb.com link for Wifi connections...
    06-18-14 03:09 AM
    It would be indeed really stupid for BlackBerry to do this!
    I'm a bit sceptical about that bb.com link for Wifi connections...
    Well, there are three main points for this assumption:

1) wifi is limited when BlackBerry.com is down. It happened yesterday to me. There are no issues with it while BlackBerry.com is up abd running.
    2) other devices (non bb10) connected to same wifi had no issues with the connecrion (i.e. I was streaming russia-Korea game)
    3) it suddenly starts to work when you disable the data connection on the mobile network.

This leads to assumption, that this is BB10 isolated issue it happens when BlackBerry.com is unreachable and fixed disabling the mobile data (thus prohibiting device ping to server).

Now, if you have ANY OTHER EVIDENCE please speak.

06-18-14 03:22 AM

1) wifi is limited when BlackBerry.com is down. It happened yesterday to me. There are no issues with it while BlackBerry.com is up abd running.
    2) other devices (non bb10) connected to same wifi had no issues with the connecrion (i.e. I was streaming russia-Korea game)
    3) it suddenly starts to work when you disable the data connection on the mobile network.

This leads to assumption, that this is BB10 isolated issue it happens when BlackBerry.com is unreachable and fixed disabling the mobile data (thus prohibiting device ping to server).

I'm with this theory.

We already know that things like screen orientation errors can be attributed to errors on BlackBerry servers, so I don't it's at all far fetched.

Presumably a router's logs should be able to confirm how often blackberry.com is being contacted?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 05:25 AM
    Should be easy to test. Sometime when everything is working just block blackberry.com on your router and see if you get limited wi-fi connection.

To completely verify you might also need to block any known blackberry IP's.
    06-18-14 05:53 AM

Check the screen shots in my post. Simply coincidence?

06-18-14 06:12 AM

There are so many red flags in this, it's not worth responding. Your logic is flawed, and your basic understand of how internet routing works is incorrect.

You really think blackberry.com is the one web site BlackBerry would set up for their devices to check when certain basic functionality was exercised on the devices? You don't think they'd use some sub domain that the public didn't have access to instead? Like a NTP web site?

You need to do some reading and educate yourself with how the BlackBerry NOC works and how the internet works in general.

06-18-14 07:55 AM

Evidence: this is not how the internet, nor how BlackBerry10 devices work.

Last edited by Wayne_Enterprises; 06-18-14 at 08:11 AM.
    06-18-14 07:57 AM
    Evidence: this is not how the internet, not BlackBerry10 devices work.

This dependency that BB10's Wi-Fi functionality has on blackberry.com has been confirmed by Mistake Clewley at BlackBerry:

https://twitter.com/MichaelClewley/s...58275015475200

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    Last edited by Carterbits; 06-18-14 at 08:27 AM.
    06-18-14 08:11 AM
    Evidence: this is not how the internet, not BlackBerry10 devices work.

Correction: this is not how BB10 devices SHOULD work. But all the evidence show that this is not the case.

Posted via CB10
    drfever likes this.
    06-18-14 08:12 AM
    Evidence: this is not how the internet, nor how BlackBerry10 devices work.

Already asked you then to provide your logic of this but you deflected the question by trying to sound smart, asking us to come up with it. This is either evidence of you not knowing either or of you thinking you know but you don't want your hypothesis proven wrong.

So instead of being smart with all of us, share what you feel is the room of this problem and in so doing, include in your reply the coincidence that

Outages appear to take place globally at the same time and are always accompanied by BlackBerry. Com being down.

These outages or inability to connect to wifi are al in different networks, personal home or work, hot spots etc.

Other (non BlackBerry devices) don't encounter this problem at the same time BlackBerry do on the same network.

Shutting off the network antenna works around this and forces wifi to come on.

Instead of trying to be too cool for school, enlighten and educate us. Let's see if your rationale makes sense before you shoot down others.

In your eyes, yesterday's BlackBerry. Com outage between roughly 6-7pm EST had nothing to do with the numerous reports of the wifi bug hitting devices? Sane goes with wifi connectivity coming back when BlackBerry. Com came back up. So this is all just a huge coincidence?

Educate us. Contribute. And you might want to read the links from Clewley posted in thread above mine that indeed confirm wifi is correlated to the status of bb.com servers.

06-18-14 08:38 AM
    Already asked you then to provide your logic of this but you deflected the question by trying to sound smart, asking us to come up with it. This is either evidence of you not knowing either or of you thinking you know but you don't want your hypothesis proven wrong.

So instead of being smart with all of us, share what you feel is the room of this problem and in so doing, include in your reply the coincidence that

Outages appear to take place globally at the same time and are always accompanied by BlackBerry. Com being down.

These outages or inability to connect to wifi are al in different networks, personal home or work, hot spots etc.

Other (non BlackBerry devices) don't encounter this problem at the same time BlackBerry do on the same network.

Shutting off the network antenna works around this and forces wifi to come on.

Instead of trying to be too cool for school, enlighten and educate us. Let's see if your rationale makes sense before you shoot down others.

In your eyes, yesterday's BlackBerry. Com outage between roughly 6-7pm EST had nothing to do with the numerous reports of the wifi bug hitting devices? Sane goes with wifi connectivity coming back when BlackBerry. Com came back up. So this is all just a huge coincidence?

Educate us. Contribute.

Let me try and do this as dumbed down as possible.

I blocked BlackBerry.com on my proxy server.

My BlackBerry device still worked.

And yes, both on wifi.

Explain.

That.

Please.

06-18-14 08:40 AM
    This dependency that BB10's Wi-Fi functionality has on blackberry.com has been confirmed by Mistake Clewley at BlackBerry:

https://twitter.com/MichaelClewley/s...58275015475200

He absolutely did not confirm this absurd rumor. Read his tweets!!!!!!

06-18-14 08:41 AM
    Let me try and do this as dumbed down as possible.

I blocked BlackBerry.com on my proxy server.

My BlackBerry device still worked.

And yes, both on wifi.

Explain.

That.

Please.

This user tried the same experiment which provided different results.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10485591

Essentially what you are saying is that are all experiencing wifi disconnects at the same time around the world (when BlackBerry is down) and this is all a coincidence?

Are you also blocking BlackBerry. Net or all other ip's it uses?

06-18-14 08:49 AM
    He absolutely did not confirm this absurd rumor. Read his tweets!!!!!!

So, what do you think he means by this exact quote from his tweets?

"@BB10Ben site is back up so should start to see resolution"

06-18-14 09:11 AM
84 1234