I need to know if the autoloader(s) I hear about on CB can help me. I have a file called Android on my Z10. And this file has gotten so big I keep getting BlackBerry messages to delete something or my system wont handle it well and my apps might not work. The "android" named file won't let me delete it, like it is now part of the OS. This is very annoying. Is my phone trashed or will an autoloader help? If so, how to use and where (link) would be helpful. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-17 08:18 PM
    I need to know if the autoloader(s) I hear about on CB can help me. I have a file called Android on my Z10. And this file has gotten so big I keep getting BlackBerry messages to delete something or my system wont handle it well and my apps might not work. The "android" named file won't let me delete it, like it is now part of the OS. This is very annoying. Is my phone trashed or will an autoloader help? If so, how to use and where (link) would be helpful. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    An autoloader is a fresh OS image that can be flashed to your phone, while wiping all of your data in the process.

What variant of Z10 do you have?

Are you referring to a folder, or a file called "Android"?
    12-05-17 08:35 PM
    I have STL100-3. It is a folder called Android.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-17 12:53 AM
    I have STL100-3. It is a folder called Android.

Posted via CB10
    It wouldn't happen to be "misc/Android", would it?
    12-06-17 12:57 AM
    I was thinking it was. I went in there and found pictures I didnt knowingly load of my contacts, so I deleted them. There were some files in there that said permission denied when I tried to delete them, and the same files said 0 kb under properties. My OS is 8.13 Gigs. My apps take up 3.68 Gigs. User files 120 Megs. Free 1.25 Gigs. So where is the rest of my 16 gig hard drive? Also I have only 5.82 RAM available/free out of 2 gigs, but all my apps are turned off supposedly. What's up with that?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-17 01:51 AM
    The Android folder is used by the Android Runtime. It is critical that it stays as it is. You have now, most likely, corrupted your device by deleting random files in there.
    12-06-17 08:03 AM
    I have tried to delete pictures to free up memory. I have been somewhat successful as I am not getting messages saying memory is too low as of today. We'll see what happens. I made a call on Viber this morning and it worked. Everything is working now. I wasn't aware that there was a lot of pictures in misc/ android/viber.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-17 12:27 PM
    I have tried to delete pictures to free up memory. I have been somewhat successful as I am not getting messages saying memory is too low as of today. We'll see what happens. I made a call on Viber this morning and it worked. Everything is working now. I wasn't aware that there was a lot of pictures in misc/ android/viber.

Posted via CB10
    Most of the user-deletable stuff in the Android folder are links to where they actually exist on your device. This folder is set up for the Android Runtime so Android apps can perceive the file system as it would appear on an Android device.
    12-06-17 02:07 PM
    There are, quite often, sub-folders in the Android folder that can be safely deleted. Usually, however, they are not using up much space and are empty. You may have downloaded and installed an android app, then deleted it sometime later but you will notice that there is still a folder (remnant) left behind (usually empty) and those can be safely deleted. You may also have folders with lots of data/files etc from android games that you have on your device. Make sure that you keep those intact if you want to save your progress etc. If you follow this: misc/android/Android/data you can also find and delete android app remnants that still occupy your device. For instance as I look at mine right now I see a folder "com.opera.browser" . At one time, I tried the android Opera Mini browser, did not like it so deleted the app. This folder was left behind and so I know I can safely delete it right now. Just be careful when you are picking and choosing stuff to delete because you can bork your system. If you are not sure, leave it alone.
    12-06-17 02:32 PM
    Thanks! Will do. Seems to be working okay now.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-17 03:17 PM