hi there,

Help me plz !

I couldn't restore from my original backup .. tried a lot .. more than 48 hours ................

I was working on Q10 - 10.1.0.2354
    took the backup

then Updated to Autoload-SQN100-3-10.2.0.341 - backup not working - ERROR (MSG: Make sure that your phone is on & connected) !!
    1- tried also to use the Darcy's BB tools to change the backup version to the same V. with no hope..

Then updated to 10.2.0.483_OS (keep the old Radio) with no hope - same error as above !!
    1- tried also to use the Darcy's BB tools to change the backup version to the same V. with no hope..

Restore the phone to latest official release 10.1.xxx with no hope also (says the backup is newer)

Updated to BB10.1.0.4543_SQN100-1-2-3-4-5 (not restoring)

Q10.hybridSQN10.1.0.2354_003 (not restoring)
    1- it's the same backup - not restoring !!

All with same error !!

Note: I saw some tips people here said it fixed this issue .. such as below, but it didn't work with me either !!
    1. did a security wipe , didn't sign into BBID
    2.thought of installing latest leak for STL1 which is 10.1.0.2354
    3. went through Setup didn't sign in BBID
    4.restore : failed
    5. sing BBID , restore and successfully done

What can I do now ??

is it from the cable ?

1- Changed the cable - all orignals
    2- deleted BB Link more than 4 times - all latest version
    3- restarted more than 4 times before/after each restore.

Backup is at OS V: 10.1.0.2354
    Q10
    Size: 1GB+

plz help ..
    07-12-13 02:35 PM
    I'm sorry to say you may be on your own here... Its just one of those risks you take updating to a leaked version. Is there anything in your backup you definitely can't live without? Surely you can get most of your stuff via other means...
    07-12-13 03:11 PM
    There are a few threads about not being able to restore, search and you will find them. Sadly the answers in those threads don't have a one simple solution, just ways that people managed to get restore working. It's a bug that blackberry knows about and working to fix.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 04:31 PM
    The way that has worked for me, is after finishing the startup wizard and signing into blackberry ID is to leave the phone connected to BlackBerry Link and wait an hour or hours, sometimes it works other times it doesn't.

Keep trying you will eventually manage to restore, but my suggestion for the future is to keep data in other places as well.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by madoon; 07-12-13 at 07:02 PM.
    07-12-13 05:57 PM
    thanx for replying ..

is there anyway to at least extract SMS - images/videos - MEMO out of that backup file ?

anything ? I'll manage with the rest ..
    07-12-13 06:51 PM
    Thanx, I'll keep it now for 8 hours .. hopes it'll work .........

The way that has world for me, is after finishing the startup wizard and signing into blackberry ID is to leave the phone connected to BlackBerry Link and wait an hour or hours, sometimes it works other times it doesn't.

Keep trying you will eventually manage to restore, but my suggestion for the future is to keep data in other places as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 07:03 PM
    thanx for replying ..

is there anyway to at least extract SMS - images/videos - MEMO out of that backup file ?

anything ? I'll manage with the rest ..
    No. Sorry about this, but your best bet is to roll back to the OS that you had on your phone when you backup. Uninstall BBLink, remove all BBLink program files, reinstall the latest version of BBLink, then restart both and try and reload if you need it that bad, that situation would give you the best bet to try and restore your backup file, but again no guarantees.
    saxxman likes this.
    07-12-13 07:37 PM
    Tried already this solution yesterday with all steps u mentioned with no hope ..
    thanxx for ur reply ..

No. Sorry about this, but your best bet is to roll back to the OS that you had on your phone when you backup. Uninstall BBLink, remove all BBLink program files, reinstall the latest version of BBLink, then restart both and try and reload if you need it that bad, that situation would give you the best bet, but again no guarantees.
    07-12-13 07:43 PM
    Finally it worked !!!!!!!!!! woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

it's really just about LUCK !!??

after I did all the steps above .. what I did just now was

1- restore to the best leak as Kris said in one of his replys .. 10.1.0.4537/43
    I used 10.1.0.4543

2- finish the setup normally - login to BBID

3- restore media (ALONE) -- worked !!!!!!!
    then applications alone - restarted - then settings alone

it worked !!!!!!!

Just to note: I re-installed BB Link many times .. restarted many times ..
    I feel it's about luck ..

* re-installed the OS more than 20 times .. hoping one of the versions would work ..
    * JUST REMEMBERED !! I removed the MEMORY CARD !!!!!!!

thats all ...........

Thanks for all of u ..
    07-12-13 07:49 PM
    Finally it worked !!!!!!!!!! woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

No it's not luck it's following what I said It will work, but as you outlined in your methods you must do things in their proper order
    07-12-13 07:51 PM
    Sadly it appears to be luck, until someone understands the cause and figures out a work around.

You got lucky this time. Take precautions for the future. Last time this happened to me I ended up trying to restore for 3 days.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 08:07 PM
    One precaution, for media at least, is an sd card. All of my pics, music, documents, etc are saved on my sd card. I lose my texts and bbms, but not critical for me. Starting to use my outlook.com contacts & calendar more now, so I don't have to worry about needing a restore. I did purchase CompanionLink, so I can keep my desktop Outlook 2007 and my Hotmail stuff sync'd.
    07-12-13 08:16 PM
    No it's not luck it's following what I said It will work, but as you outlined in your methods you must do things in their proper order
    loool

BUT to let other people who'll face the same problem knows what to do ..
    I tried to follow your instructions already before you told me (( back to the OS that you had on your phone when you backup))
    sadly it didn't work

I had when I backup up my phone first time (Q10 - 10.1.0.2354)
    & when the problem fixed by luck I updated to (Q10 - 10.1.0.4543) so it's newer

believe me, I did them in proper way for more than 10 times ,,

as I said before, I tried more than 6 Versions/re-installing for more than 20 times !
    did phone wipe more than 30 times ..

just about LUCK !!

thanx all of you for your help ..

mikelcal
    madoon
    kwm1337
    07-13-13 02:48 AM
    I had the same issue when i switched from Z10 to Q10 but i was unable to restore. I gave up hope after my 1000th try an went ahead with the fresh OS but today when i tried to update to 10.1.0.4657 the same thing happened again. so after being hopeless for a few hours i downgraded to 10.1.0.4651 the same OS leak that i had made the backup on and individually restored each of the three sections starting with Media then Apps then settings and it worked!
    07-26-13 07:44 PM
    hi there,

Help me plz !

I couldn't restore from my original backup .. tried a lot .. more than 48 hours ................

I was working on Q10 - 10.1.0.2354
    took the backup

then Updated to Autoload-SQN100-3-10.2.0.341 - backup not working - ERROR (MSG: Make sure that your phone is on & connected) !!

Then updated to 10.2.0.483_OS (keep the old Radio) with no hope - same error as above !!

Restore the phone to latest official release 10.1.xxx with no hope also (says the backup is newer)

Updated to BB10.1.0.4543_SQN100-1-2-3-4-5 (not restoring)

Q10.hybridSQN10.1.0.2354_003 (not restoring)
    1- it's the same backup - not restoring !!

All with same error !!

Note: I saw some tips people here said it fixed this issue .. such as below, but it didn't work with me either !!
    1. did a security wipe , didn't sign into BBID
    2.thought of installing latest leak for STL1 which is 10.1.0.2354
    3. went through Setup didn't sign in BBID
    4.restore : failed
    5. sing BBID , restore and successfully done

What can I do now ??

is it from the cable ?

1- Changed the cable - all orignals
    2- deleted BB Link more than 4 times - all latest version
    3- restarted more than 4 times before/after each restore.

Backup is at OS V: 10.1.0.2354
    Q10
    Size: 1GB+

plz help ..
    Please try this; Use 7ZIP to open the file (7ZIP is like WinZip but free - 7-Zip)
    Go to "My Documents\BlackBerry\Backups" to find your backup ending in .bbb
    Right Click on it.
    7ZIP - Open Archive (first choice)
    Now you're in 7ZIP. Right click on the file starting with MANIFEST... "EDIT" (4th choice).
    The file will open in NOTEPAD. Find a string of characters starting with VERSION and it will be 10.2.0.483 or something like that. Change it to 10.1.0.0 or something much less than what you're running now.
    Close Notepad. It will ask you if you want to save. YES
    It will then ask you if you want to update your ARCHIVE. YES

Now - go into LINK and see if you can recover?
    07-26-13 10:33 PM
    i had the same issue with restoring back up files..

its killing me.. is there anyone can help??? i've tried all...
    09-09-13 03:00 AM
    it's happening to me now. Unbelievable!! I'm super nervous that i'm going to lose all my stuff which is approx. 6GB. Mine is Z10 STL100-1 and running 10.2.0.1521. I'd been running 10.2.0.1047 and everything is under control completely, i did a full backup with it and switched to a 100-1's newest one. I don't know why since i've been on 1521, it doesn't let me restore anymore! Please help!

P/s: sometimes BBLink can't sync my Music on my computer to the Z10 after the switch too.
    09-17-13 06:11 PM
    it's happening to me now. Unbelievable!! I'm super nervous that i'm going to lose all my stuff which is approx. 6GB. Mine is Z10 STL100-1 and running 10.2.0.1521. I'd been running 10.2.0.1047 and everything is under control completely, i did a full backup with it and switched to a 100-1's newest one. I don't know why since i've been on 1521, it doesn't let me restore anymore! Please help!

P/s: sometimes BBLink can't sync my Music on my computer to the Z10 after the switch too.
    Uninstall Link. Restart computer...Install new Windows Version of Link that came out today, September 17,....Try again...

Trusted Member
    timeride and banana_512 like this.
    09-17-13 09:41 PM
    Uninstall Link. Restart computer...Install new Windows Version of Link that came out today, September 17,....Try again...

Trusted Member
    Actually gearheadaddy beat me to posting the fix, I experienced same problem in earlier post

But here is a link to latest BlackBerry Link v1.2.0.28 (Windows OS) 9/17/2013 release

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...0E31AF7485EE07
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    09-17-13 11:16 PM

Trusted Member
    i did many times! no help (. Anyway, thank you so much!
    09-22-13 09:28 PM
    I'm thinking about backing to the OS where i made the backup! I remember trying this once not long ago and it did not change anything. Wish me best luck, imma do it once again!
    09-22-13 10:02 PM
    @banana_512
    did you sign in to BBLink with your own BBID? and your device also did you sign in with your own BBID?

the fact is, if you sign in at BBLink with others BBID and different with your device sign in at your own BBID, that's means your backup data is "FINISHED" you data will loss everything like xsacha said backup data it's encrypted by BBLink Software nothing you can do with all kind of method did you use that no luckkkkk.......
    09-23-13 07:51 AM
    I had the same issue. Toggle blackberry protect on and off. This was suggested by another poster on another tread. It worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:27 AM
    Use D'Arcy tools

Posted on my Q10 from CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    09-23-13 03:57 PM