Can anyone give me some advice on setting an IP address on my Z10 please?
    The situation, if I go into work with with my Z10 in my pocket, wifi switched on, the computers won't connect to the router because of an IP conflict. Soon as I knock my wifi off on the Z10, reboot the computers and then wifi back on the phone every things fine. More of an annoyance really to have to make sure my wifi is knocked off in the morning which I keep forgetting.

Not sure what I need to be tinkering with. There's the network connection on the computer which seems to kick in at boot up even without link running, router settings or maybe looking at getting the Z10 a static ip to prevent it taking the one my computer is wanting.

Any help? Apologies if this is in the wrong part of the board, until I find out which device it is I guess it may not be a BB OS issue so mods feel free to move the thread.
    09-29-13 05:14 AM
    I had a similar issue and was advised by Blackberry customer support to run the latest
    update of my modem and this seemed to fix the problem.
    09-29-13 05:37 AM
    update of my modem
    You mean the router? This is quite an old linksys router. I very much doubt there will be any firmware updates for it. Best guess I think, with my limited router knowledge is that what IP address the phone is grabbing first is needed by the desktop pc. If the desktop gets it first the phone seems to get another. I have the router to auto give out ip addresses and the phone is allowed on the wireless network.
    When I connect the Z10 after the computer is up and running the desktop takes 192.***.***.*.3 and the phones network connection shows 192.***.***.*.4/24, I'll try and see what IP the phone takes if the computer is turned off. Maybe that would give a clue.
    09-29-13 05:51 AM
    If your router is max at 24 and you have less than 24 items needing ips. I would set the z static at. 24. That will kill conflict.

Posted via CB10
    AWB70 likes this.
    09-29-13 06:10 AM
    Thanks Draven, had a bit of a look through the router settings. I noticed that I had the maximum number of DHCP users set to 6, I guess I already have 6 devices registered. Changed this to 7 and re-booted the router, seems to have worked this morning. If I get any more problems I'll try the static ip method for the Z10 like you mention.
    09-30-13 03:12 AM
    Thanks Draven, had a bit of a look through the router settings. I noticed that I had the maximum number of DHCP users set to 6, I guess I already have 6 devices registered. Changed this to 7 and re-booted the router, seems to have worked this morning. If I get any more problems I'll try the static ip method for the Z10 like you mention.
    Cool. Just let me know if it comes up again.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 05:59 AM