My passport se saw the writing on the wall after I got a Key2 and has decided to die. After several unsuccessful attempts to transfer my content via content transfer, my passport has become coaster-like: it will restart with a 'hard' restart only, and then will be responsive for about 1 min before it utterly freezes. Screen stays on and device is totally unresponsive until battery dies or until I do another hard restart, at which point the cycle repeats. Any thoughts/suggestions?
    07-22-18 11:29 AM
    Backup everything (If you can / need) and re install operating system using Autoloader.. Dont restore your data/ backup right away after installing the OS. Just examine the device for some time to rule out if something wrong with your data.. And if you have MMC installed, remove that and check if its causing the problem
    07-22-18 01:31 PM
    the problem is that I can't back it up. when it restarts, I have barely enough time for Link to recognize the phone and give me the option to backup before the phone seizes up and becomes totally unresponsive. at that point, Link does not seem to be able to 'see' my phone any longer.
    07-22-18 04:03 PM
    Any idea at all as to why its freezing?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-18 04:20 PM
    Any idea at all as to why its freezing?

Posted via CB10
    I thought it might have something to do with the phone having been removed from my company's BES12 (or whatever it is called), but my tech guy doubted that and said to try putting my micro SD and SIM back in the phone on boot up, thinking that it may be that the phone gets stuck searching for what it expects to be there. I'm not sure about that explanation, since the freezing did not begin until a day after i took those cards out, but will give it a try tonight.
    07-23-18 05:08 PM
    Didn't work. Phone froze +- 1.5 min after booting with SIM and microsd card reinserted. Driving me crazy.
    07-24-18 12:07 PM
    That sucks, shouldn't waste too much time on it, but if you can find out the cause, disable some settings, or log out and get your data then I would just reset it.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-18 02:05 PM
    Have you tried Sachesi Andy? It may have the same problem, but it's worth a shot.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-18 02:09 PM
    For the last week i've plugged the phone into my computer, launched Sachesi, and then turned it (my phone) on. Results have been a bit weird. The very first time, i actually thought i had somehow fixed the phone because it didn't freeze quickly after booting up. However, it then froze +-20 min after booting up. Since then, i've several times been able to use the phone for +-15 to 20 min, while it is plugged in and connected to Sachesi. I've been concentrating on getting all app data backed up, which is basically now complete.

Still hoping i can figure out a permanent solution. I suspect the battery may be to blame, only because it had started to go downhill before the problems began. I'm going to try using Sachesi to reload BB10 & see if that fixes it. Otherwise, does anyone know whether it is possible to have the battery replaced?
    07-30-18 12:46 PM
    Have you tried Sachesi Andy? It may have the same problem, but it's worth a shot.

Posted via CB10
    see most recent post.
    07-30-18 12:47 PM
    I wonder if the battery has completely failed and it is just not getting consistent power. A battery swap might be a good last thing to try. Buy a new battery off of eBay etc and then follow the youtube videos.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-18 03:13 PM
    If you have all your data backed up or saved elsewhere, I wouldn't bother doing a non-destructive install using Sachesi.

Use an autoloader for a clean install, which should eliminate software as the culprit.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    07-30-18 05:57 PM
    thanks for these ideas.
    08-03-18 11:26 PM
    I replaced the battery - no improvement, so clearly it was not to blame. So on the positive side, I now have an extra battery and a set of tiny screwdrivers.

Trying to use the autoloader - I plugged in my phone, ran the .exe file, and a dialog box very briefly opened and closed....and i'm waiting and wondering what I should be expecting to happen....? How do I know if the autoloader is working?
    08-19-18 08:53 PM
    Forgot to add that after I replaced the battery, i tried to reload the OS using BB Link. It seemed to be working and i went to bed, woke up and saw a message to the effect that the 'repair failed'. So since then, I've been left with a black/blank screen and red blinking light in this pattern: 1 - 3 - 2. If autoloader can't fix, don't know what can.
    08-19-18 09:00 PM
    I replaced the battery - no improvement, so clearly it was not to blame. So on the positive side, I now have an extra battery and a set of tiny screwdrivers.

Trying to use the autoloader - I plugged in my phone, ran the .exe file, and a dialog box very briefly opened and closed....and i'm waiting and wondering what I should be expecting to happen....? How do I know if the autoloader is working?
    The device should restart a couple of times and then remain on.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-18 12:13 AM

It sounds like you may have an issue that flashed by too quickly to see. The autoloaders are meant to be run from a command prompt, so to see the progress (and any error messages) you should open up a cmd and then run the .exe. Let us know if you need help on that front--it's pretty straightforward.
    08-21-18 04:41 PM
    before I saw the most recent post re: launching the autoloader from command prompt, I tried again a couple of times to reload the os using BB Link, and eventually succeeded. phone is now working again! happy to have it back, but of course all data I was not able to save is gone and some paid apps (I had a LOT of paid apps) are not cooperating. oh well, it is done, thanks for all the tips/comments.
    08-22-18 04:51 PM
    before I saw the most recent post re: launching the autoloader from command prompt, I tried again a couple of times to reload the os using BB Link, and eventually succeeded. phone is now working again! happy to have it back, but of course all data I was not able to save is gone and some paid apps (I had a LOT of paid apps) are not cooperating. oh well, it is done, thanks for all the tips/comments.
    Do you have the most recent OS version? Before you reinstall all your apps I would check. Don't know if Link can give you the most recent.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-18 12:26 AM