Really strange behavior after loading Rogers 10.2.1.2141 onto AT&T Z10 using Sachesi.

I noticed that after I did the update with Sachesi, the battery was draining at a really high rate. I read around and decided I would wait it out and see if the system cpu usage would even out after indexing the new OS. So its been a few days now and I'm still having the issue. What happens is that once I power on the Z10, the system's cpu usage goes through the roof and draws ~1-2 watts of power(per Battery Guru) just idling there. I'll loose 5% of battery in 15 minutes not even touching the phone. It also runs very hot. The system's cpu bounces erratically from 40-50% usage, peaking in the mid 60s. After a few hours of leaving it on the charger to even keep it running, the system cpu usage will fall to around 25% on an idle. More hours down the road and the system cpu usage is in the single digits bouncing maybe to 10% at idle.

What is causing this problem and how can I fix it? Thanks.
    TylerXIII likes this.
    03-24-14 12:23 AM
    This happened to me the other day as well. First time it's ever happened.

I wasn't even touching my phone and I looked at it and the battery had drained like crazy!

What I did was just restart my phone which seem to fix the issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 12:31 AM
    Rai,

Tried a reset, both standard and volume rocker +/- reset and neither worked. Same high system and now PIM cpu usage and phone still running hot. Also something I noticed, the battery discharged all the way to 0% and still ran (Attempting to recalibrate battery to see if that works).

Any other suggestions anyone??
    03-24-14 01:40 AM
    I know when I change my OS, sometimes it takes a couple days for everything to get back to normal.
    The Z10 is running a bunch of things in the background, rebuilding routes.
    Maybe you might just need to wait it out, and keep your Z10 plugged in?
    03-24-14 01:59 AM
    I left it running all night and by this morning it had settled down. System cpu usage was in the single digits bouncing to low teens. So pretty normal for just sitting there. I turned it off and turned it back on and now it seems to be re-indexing all over again. System cpu usage is way high and the phone is hot again.
    03-24-14 12:06 PM
    How many email accounts do you have on your phone? It seems like its having a hard time syncing everything after a reboot. If all else fails, try a wipe and fresh install. Don't restore from a previous backup, instead add the accounts back one at a time to see if you can find the culprit.
    03-24-14 12:11 PM
    tfp,

I only have two e-mail accounts, one an Outlook push and the other a POP set to sync every hour. If I security wipe, would I reload on Link or with Sachesi again? Also, how can I recover my contacts?
    03-24-14 01:25 PM
    I don't think that BB Link will install the same OS over itself, so you may have to go the Sachesi / Autoloader route. As for the contacts, you can try syncing them to an email account doing a backup before wiping and ONLY restoring the contacts. You can also try an app like ContactX from BBWorld. I've read wonders on it.
    03-24-14 01:34 PM
    Also, doing a security wipe MAY be enough to solve your issues. Really depends on how much time to want to spend on this lol
    03-24-14 01:35 PM
    So I started the security wipe and when I went to plug in my phone, I dropped it and the battery fell out. I immediately put the battery back in and it resumed the wipe. I can see the file shred icon and the blue indicator spinning. No sort of white screen with hour glass or BlackBerry 10 OS error codes - US messages have popped up on the screen. Is it safe to assume that the security wipe resumed when I replaced the battery? It's been running about an hour. I feel like such a moron now.
    03-24-14 05:20 PM
    Same thing happened with my Z30. Give it a few days to settle down and your battery life should be back to normal... or better.

From a Z30
    03-24-14 07:48 PM
    Security wipes can take a while, depending on how much info / data you had on the phone. I know it once took me almost 45 mins to do a security wipe on a BlackBerry Bold 9700 and that thing had next to zero memory so I'd imagine this may take a while as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 09:10 PM
    Well, 7.5 hours later, security wipe wrapped up. I had half the memory used and it was all encrypted. The phone restarted and I got all of my accounts linked back up and apps installed. Just for future reference, InTouchApp Contacts is a great app to use to back up your contacts and its available for iOS and Android should you ever have to use one of those platforms(plus the Basic version is free). The high system/PIM cpu usage problem appears to have been solved. Thanks for all your help.
    03-25-14 01:12 PM
    Glad to hear

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 03:07 PM
    Well the main culprit behind these drains is PIM services.
    If You switch off you DATA services you will have an awesome battery life. But as soon as you switch on Data Services it starts acting crazy..
    PIM services in this build is really out of order.
    03-26-14 02:23 AM