Hello everyone. I've been out of the loop because Cobalt's tools have worked so well that I haven't had to troubleshoot for a while now. It's all installed on my wife's Passport. Now, common apps don't come up when I do a search on the Playstore. Android apps that I've installed on the phone don't show anywhere in order to update them. (The "May apps & games" section of the Playstore doesn't show in her phone, like it does on my KeyONE.) From advice on one of the forum threads I was able to install the "Play Services Info" app onto her phone and it says, "Google Play services are invalid or incomplete." When I go into the "Google Settings" app on her phone, under "Sign-in & security" I tap "Use your phone to sign in" and the result is that it tells me her phone is not online. I access the Google account and the phone is signed in.

I've searched these forums for hours and haven't been able to find anything. If this has been brought up (my apologies), can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated!
    09-11-19 01:16 PM
    Need to uninstall all the Cobalt's stuff, and probable any apps installed via it. (Good time to reinstall the OS and start fresh...). Cobalt Store hasn't been patched so it's not working with newer apps...

Best solution these days in Yalp / FDroid.
    09-11-19 02:23 PM
    Thanks for the answer and advice. I've installed Yalp. Still having trouble so I'm wondering if there's something else going on. With Yalp, I'm getting "Unfortunately <app> has stopped." Could there be something up with the phone's setup?
    09-11-19 02:51 PM
    Thanks for the answer and advice. I've installed Yalp. Still having trouble so I'm wondering if there's something else going on. With Yalp, I'm getting "Unfortunately <app> has stopped." Could there be something up with the phone's setup?
    Make sure you download and install Yalp (forked) store as the old Yalp no longer works. https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com....kin.yalpstore/

Go to the very bottom of that link and click Download APK 1.4 MiB
    09-11-19 03:25 PM
    Update: I attempted to download an app from the Amazon app store. It got further than the app downloaded from Yarp. It didn't crash and I was able to enter the username and password. Once complete though, an error message came up saying that the app "won't run without Google Play services, which are not supported by your device." Despite the error message, the app is working just fine. I hope that helps diagnose the problem.
    09-11-19 06:30 PM
    Update: I attempted to download an app from the Amazon app store. It got further than the app downloaded from Yarp. It didn't crash and I was able to enter the username and password. Once complete though, an error message came up saying that the app "won't run without Google Play services, which are not supported by your device." Despite the error message, the app is working just fine. I hope that helps diagnose the problem.
    Hey Lucon,

The main issue here is that Google Play Services is fundamentally incompatible with BB10 due to Google's requirements for device manufacturers. Despite some suggestions here Yalp tends to be problematic as it doesn't show all compatible versions of an app, just the most recent one in Google Play (or none if the Google Play version is not compatible with your device).

I'd suggest going to APKPure.com and manually downloading any apps not available in Amazon and then installing them directly on the Passport. If you have any specific apps that you need I'd be happy to test them and provide direct links to you as well to save you the search time.
    09-17-19 09:06 PM