I recently came back to Blackberry and i'm trying to get gmail to work in hub.

my question is... it seems that hub is only displaying my inbox. I have sub folders that i would like to be displayed along with the inbox. How do I do that?
    01-07-14 06:59 PM
    Try clicking on the down arrow in the top right corner (while in the mailbox)

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 07:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    that gives me a check next to the subfolder, but when i go back to the main header, i have the same problem. it doesn't pin.
    01-07-14 07:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    I can see that subfolder and only that sub folder. I can't see it mixed in with the inbox
    01-07-14 07:54 PM
    bpgc,

There are 2 steps...

First, from the home screen, swipe down from the top and select Settings > Accounts, and choose your Gmail account. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and tap "Edit Folder Settings". Select all the folders (Gmail labels) you want to see on your device. This may take a few minutes to populate on your device.

Then, when you tap on "Hub" at the bottom left of the Hub, and select your Gmail account. Tap the down arrow on the blue bar to view your folders (labels).

Note that you can view folders (labels) except "Trash" and "All Mail" on your device. Also, by default Gmail syncs back to a 1 week time period. To change that, you have to delete the account and re-add it. When re-adding, begin as you did the first time, then select "Advanced" when the option is available at the bottom of the screen. Then, scroll down and tap Sync Timeframe, select your desired time period. Complete the setup. Depending upon which OS version you're running, you can sync up to "Forever". If you choose this, ensure you're on WiFi, unless you have a generous data plan.

Here are a couple of good links that give more info on Gmail setup:
    How to set up Gmail on your BlackBerry 10 device using IMAP, CalDav and CardDav | CrackBerry.com
    How to get Gmail to delete without Archiving

Hope this helps. Good luck.
    bpgc likes this.
    01-07-14 08:12 PM
    Thank you very much. I'll give it a shot later.

Frankly, I'm glad Blackberry has such a loyal and supportive user base. At the end, it might be the deciding factor on why Blackberry will pull out of the decline and make a come back.

bpgc,

There are 2 steps...

First, from the home screen, swipe down from the top and select Settings > Accounts, and choose your Gmail account. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and tap "Edit Folder Settings". Select all the folders (Gmail labels) you want to see on your device. This may take a few minutes to populate on your device.

Then, when you tap on "Hub" at the bottom left of the Hub, and select your Gmail account. Tap the down arrow on the blue bar to view your folders (labels).

Note that you can view folders (labels) except "Trash" and "All Mail" on your device. Also, by default Gmail syncs back to a 1 week time period. To change that, you have to delete the account and re-add it. When re-adding, begin as you did the first time, then select "Advanced" when the option is available at the bottom of the screen. Then, scroll down and tap Sync Timeframe, select your desired time period. Complete the setup. Depending upon which OS version you're running, you can sync up to "Forever". If you choose this, ensure you're on WiFi, unless you have a generous data plan.

Here are a couple of good links that give more info on Gmail setup:
    How to set up Gmail on your BlackBerry 10 device using IMAP, CalDav and CardDav | CrackBerry.com
    How to get Gmail to delete without Archiving

Hope this helps. Good luck.
    01-08-14 02:34 AM
    bpgc,
    There are 2 steps...

I did this step. I think all this step does is tell hub which folder to sync.

Note that you can view folders (labels) except "Trash" and "All Mail" on your device. Also, by default Gmail syncs back to a 1 week time period.
    I can see all of my folders include the subfolder I want. But I still have the same problem. The hub only shows the Inbox. If i wanted to see the subfolder, I need to navigate to it. I thought the hub was supposed to be an aggregate of all of my messages. What's the point of the hub if the subfolder I want displayed isn't there and I must navigate to it? There's gotta be an answer. Or this could be overlooked? That would shock me.
    01-08-14 02:47 AM
    I can see all of my folders include the subfolder I want. But I still have the same problem. The hub only shows the Inbox. If i wanted to see the subfolder, I need to navigate to it. I thought the hub was supposed to be an aggregate of all of my messages. What's the point of the hub if the subfolder I want displayed isn't there and I must navigate to it? There's gotta be an answer. Or this could be overlooked? That would shock me.
    I see your point, however, the HUB is extremely useful for people like myself with multiple accounts even though it shows only the Inbox for the respective accounts (or more correctly, the aggregate of Inboxes along with other notifications). Frankly, if the HUB populated with every sub-folder, it would be a royal pain. Should there be an "All" option as in Gmail? Maybe. Then again, if one has taken the time to create sub-folders and file emails accordingly, it seems to make some sense that if a person wants emails from a specific folder, they should navigate to that folder. I find that to be a fairly quick and easy thing to do.
    01-08-14 04:06 AM
    I did this step. I think all this step does is tell hub which folder to sync.

Sorry if I missed your point.

You cannot show account sub folders (labels) in the Hub. If you want to view all your Gmail in the Hub, you'd have to move all your email to the Inbox in Gmail. I'm not sure why you would want to, but it would work.
    diegonei and southlander like this.
    01-08-14 06:33 AM
    Sorry if I missed your point.

You cannot show account sub folders (labels) in the Hub. If you want to view all your Gmail in the Hub, you'd have to move all your email to the Inbox in Gmail. I'm not sure why you would want to, but it would work.
    ok no problem. i'll think of something around it
    01-08-14 07:48 AM
    I did a quite thorough Internet search with regard to subfolder integration issue into the Hub quite a while ago and it did not end up successfully. I do not have a proof link anymore, but the issue had something to do with the protocols gMail service is using. If I find the thread again, I will post it here.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 08:08 AM
    I would love for this to work as well.

I am using a new number for my BlackBerry but everyone has my old number. My old number is on Android and I have an app that syncs all my incoming texts and call logs sync to my Gmail (as SMS and Call Log folders/lables). Would love for a way to have the hub show messages from these sub folders in the main view- or at least notify me in some way is these folders are updated. That way, I could leave the Android device at home and just use the BB without missing any calls/texts from the other number.
    01-29-14 11:19 PM
    This problem did not exist before upgrading to 10.2.1.

I always had folders (labels) in Gmail and they all synced fine with my hub. All my emails, inbox or folders appeared in the hub. If I selected a specific folder than it only showed me the contents of that folder (inbox being one of the folders).

Now, after the recent update, my hub only shows the inbox and the folders' emails are shows only under each folder.

So this problem is new and things no longer work the way they used to.
    01-30-14 02:36 PM
    I have this on my other phone and don't really like it.
    Doesn't look as polished as the Hub, I like the BlackBerry way better.

Help on Gmail in Hub-img_0795.png

Help on Gmail in Hub-img_0796.png

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 02:47 PM
    Now that you mention it, yes, I do remember seeing folder messages in earlier versions- been running the 10.2.1 leak for the longest time so had forgotten.
    01-30-14 03:11 PM
    ok no problem. i'll think of something around it
    You'll need a Gmail app for easily seeing subfolders with Gmail. I recently submitted this feature request in beta app feature request. After one year without this feature, I don?t think we'll get it.

In meantime, you'll need app like "Gmail for Email", or free "Mail Mail".

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 04:41 PM
    As i mentioned above, I used to be able to see Gmail folders directly in my hub from day 1 when I purchased my z10 a year ago this week. Somehow this feature is not longer available after the recent update to 10.2.1.
    02-01-14 10:07 AM