I am reinstalling the latest leak on my z10. I do not want to restore anything and want to rebuild my contacts from scratch. So, can I
    • install my Facebook account without the contacts,
    • install my google/gmail calendar with the contacts

Also, is there a way to edit my backed up contacts on a computer before restoring if I end up having to restore?

I've carried these contacts over several phones and over many years. I need a lot of them but there is bloatage and duplication in the extreme.
    12-01-13 12:05 PM
    I am reinstalling the latest leak on my z10. I do not want to restore anything and want to rebuild my contacts from scratch. So, can I
    • install my Facebook account without the contacts,
    • install my google/gmail calendar with the contacts

Also, is there a way to edit my backed up contacts on a computer before restoring if I end up having to restore?

I've carried these contacts over several phones and over many years. I need a lot of them but there is bloatage and duplication in the extreme.
    If you have Google and you contacts are in there, just edit them on your PC. That's what I do.
    12-01-13 12:12 PM
    WARNING! TIME CONSUMING/MANUAL WORK REQUIRED SOLUTION

If I were you, I'd do the following:
    • Use gmail's contact merge tool, get rid of clones;
    • Manually add each and every contact you have that is on either phone or SIM only into gmail (take your time and add phone numbers, emails and avatars).

One that is done, you can go ahead and wipe. fter your device is back on, add your gmail account first and set it as the defaul for contacts, this way any new contact you creat on the phone will sync to gmail.

Good luck there!

PS
    : Yes... I did that. I wouldn't tell you to do something I wouldn't do myself.
    12-01-13 12:15 PM
    Try contactx from the app store it back up to your SD card and you can change when you like right on your phone. It's all I use.

Posted on a Z30 on CB10
    12-01-13 12:23 PM