I was hoping that someone could clarify whether a factory unlocked STA 100-5 Z30 on AT&T will get the 10.3.3 update directly from BlackBerry or will I still have to wait on AT&T to release it. Common sense and from what I've read I should get it without having to wait on AT&T. Since I can't find any information regarding this, has the update been released to the masses yet? One last question since I have heard both positive and negative remarks from people that have downloaded it using an auto loader, is it worth downloading? Thanks for any help.
    01-23-17 07:10 PM
    It only offers a few minor browser tweaks. That's about it.

If your device is factory-unlocked (not just SIM-unlocked), then you should get it directly.
    01-23-17 07:17 PM
    If you haven't got the update Over The Air, aka from your carrier, by now then you're not getting it. It is not coming, no one is committing resources to check, approve and distribute.

The autoloader is, excluding OTA from your carrier, the simplest and cleanest method of updating. Just run an .exe file and all done in 10min, with another 5min to reboot. No need to install any other programs, assuming you already have Link.

However, the autoloader is a destructive update, No data will survive the update. You'll have to re add all your accounts, re sync contacts and calendar, re tweak all your settings, re download all your BBW apps.

My advice, which might not be in the autoloader guides, is to move as many files as possible from the device to the SD card. Backup over Link. Use a backup app on BBW like Ultimate Backup as a contingency, saving to the SD card. Check to ensure contact list and calendar events are synchronised and up to date with your email provider (Microsoft Exchange Online, GMail, or your Work's provider). And remember anything that cannot be backed up you will likely lose, this includes BBM chat history, even if you restore through Link.

Decrypt your SD card (this could take 24h depending on how much is on the SD card).
    Download the autoloader file and follow the remaining steps in the autoloader guide to be found in the forums. Reconfigure your device and enjoy the clean feel of a fresh barebones OS10.3.3

Remember that the sync process occurring in the background will eat battery for upto 48h.

Try living without restoring the backup, as this may just bring across any and all bugs and slowdowns you've developed on 10.3.2. If you feel the need, selectively restoring key things like sms using the Ultimate Backup app or plug the phone back into Link and restore everything including app data and settings.

And don't forget to re encrypt the SD when you're finished.

Good luck

-- Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.
    01-23-17 07:46 PM
    Just to add something to all above, if you want to backup your bbm chats you can do that if you have a second BlackBerry 10 device. Import your chats bbm messages on the second BlackBerry 10 device, it will be deleted from the first one, and after you update your OS, import the BBM messages back to your main device.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-24-17 02:03 AM
    You will get the update on 1st boot up, I'm using a unlocked passport on att and I got the update when it 1st started rolling out.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-17 02:48 AM
    some minor but underestimated feature came with this update too... the browser update is only a thing on the side to catch up with regulars web developments..

BlackBerry 10 version 10.3.3 or higher, which has built-in support for Let's Encrypt root and signing certificates.

quite impotent for convenience security, much more of this under the hood.

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    01-24-17 05:33 AM
    To everyone, thanks for all the info.

Conite - I purchased it from B&H Photo and it was listed as "unlocked" and then listed all of the bands and Carriers that it should work on.

techhatesme - That's a lot of steps and precautions, it makes it sound like it's not worth it for someone like me that's never used an autoloader to update an OS. I will give it some thought though.

Bogdan Tudor Dan - I only wish I had BBM chats. All of my former BBM contacts no longer have BlackBerrys and I can't for the life of me get them to install and use BBM on their phones.

Ali Denver - I check for updates daily if I can remember, and I have, I think, rebooted once since the update came out, but I will try again.

hobgoblin1961 - Hopefully I can get the update and see what else is under the hood.

Thanks again to everyone.
    01-26-17 07:25 PM
    Mine only came through today for my unlocked classic. it was quite a large file 850 MB. I'm in Indonesia but I use an AT&T sim
    01-30-17 03:58 AM
    Mine only came through today for my unlocked classic. it was quite a large file 850 MB. I'm in Indonesia but I use an AT&T sim
    Thanks. I keep checking almost every day but it still shows that I have the latest software.

I know it's too early to have noticed everything, but what changes did the update provide?
    01-30-17 09:49 AM
    To everyone, thanks for all the info.

Conite - I purchased it from B&H Photo and it was listed as "unlocked" and then listed all of the bands and Carriers that it should work on.

techhatesme - That's a lot of steps and precautions, it makes it sound like it's not worth it for someone like me that's never used an autoloader to update an OS. I will give it some thought though.

Bogdan Tudor Dan - I only wish I had BBM chats. All of my former BBM contacts no longer have BlackBerrys and I can't for the life of me get them to install and use BBM on their phones.

Ali Denver - I check for updates daily if I can remember, and I have, I think, rebooted once since the update came out, but I will try again.

hobgoblin1961 - Hopefully I can get the update and see what else is under the hood.

Thanks again to everyone.
    I don't think that you have a "Factory unlocked" device. To check this go to: settings /security and privacy /sim card. At the bottom you should see 3 unlocked areas like my pic. If there are not then your device is Carrier unlocked only. Hope this helps!
    Help clarify the 10.3.3 update-img_20170130_101152.png
    01-30-17 10:17 AM
    I have checked my sim cards settings and I have 3 Times unlocked but as of nów I haven't received the update - Passport Silver / Poland.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 416713
    01-30-17 12:08 PM
    remove the sim, boot up and connect to wifi. then check for updates.
    also works if you put in a sim from another carrier.

Posted via CBX
    01-30-17 02:16 PM
    It doesn't make any change. I have tried update with sim removed and tried with different carrier sim. Nothing. I read on the inside blackberry blog that it all depends on where the handset was purchased. They can tell you where your device was bought if you give them pin. Blackberry runs a database.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-17 02:30 PM
    ah. this method works for shopblackberry devices..

Posted via CBX
    01-30-17 02:50 PM
    Funny thing so the place of shopping decides Which place in the OTA queue I occupy.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-17 03:09 PM
    Funny thing so the place of shopping decides Which place in the OTA queue I occupy.

Posted via CB10
    Well, geography can determine who actually gets the device first, so........it doesn't surprise me who, where and when they distribute the updated OS to. Just not many resources left for BB10.
    01-30-17 03:15 PM
    I know it's too early to have noticed everything, but what changes did the update provide?
    The only thing I've noticed is that previously if I went into the hub and out again, the hub would sometimes come back onto the screen. This was pretty annoting but it seems to have gone now.
    01-31-17 11:05 PM
    One thing I've noticed in this update, I no long have the option for volume boost for headphones in main volume control and some apps are now blocked and I have to remove them.
    02-05-17 03:54 PM
    One thing I've noticed in this update, I no long have the option for volume boost for headphones in main volume control and some apps are now blocked and I have to remove them.
    Not sure what you mean by apps being blocked but I still have volume boost for headphones in 10.3.3.2163 on my Passport.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    02-05-17 04:44 PM
    Hmmmm.
    02-05-17 07:38 PM
    [QUOTE=Vistaus;12754182]Not sure what you mean by apps being blocked but I still have volume boost for headphones in 10.3.3.2163 on my Passport.

But I get the volume warning still. I'm on 10.3.3.2205
    Attached Thumbnails Help clarify the 10.3.3 update-img_20170205_174121.png  
    Last edited by Ali Denver; 02-05-17 at 08:06 PM.
    02-05-17 07:41 PM
    I don't think that you have a "Factory unlocked" device. To check this go to: settings /security and privacy /sim card. At the bottom you should see 3 unlocked areas like my pic. If there are not then your device is Carrier unlocked only. Hope this helps!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170130_101152.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	416708
    I did as you suggested and I do have all three areas unlocked.
    02-08-17 08:42 AM