When you get the notification,icon in the hub , you just tap the notification and it dials your voice mail. You don't do anything else. Once the call is connected and you have listened to your message, the icon is gone.
    If you dial your voice mail threw the phone app or threw your contacts the notification will not go away

The only thing you need to make sure you have setup your phone voice mail telephone no, in the phone app settings screen .

Bob's mobile
    I really, truly, with every-fibre-of-my-being (slight exaggeration) wish it were that easy!
    11-26-13 02:14 PM
    Sorry to go off thread,...

Posted via CB10
    Yet, you still did. Why do people say sorry for doing something rude before doing it? Makes no sense. Don't be sorry. Just don't do it. Start a new thread. Better yet, do a search, because that's been discussed many times.
    11-26-13 04:10 PM
    Dude, seems like you're really overthinking and overreacting on this one. All that work just to remove a hub entry? Lol.

Do not get a new phone. That's crazy. If you did a full wipe, and did NOT do a restore, and it came back...then it is definitely something on the carrier side.

My advice: Leave it alone. It'll sort itself out. I had the exact same problem once, and it went away.
    Last edited by slickvguy; 11-26-13 at 04:45 PM.
    11-26-13 04:24 PM
    Dude, seems like you're really overthinking and overreacting on this one. All that work just to remove a hub entry? Lol.

Do not get a new phone. That's crazy. If you did a full wipe, and did NOT do a restore, and it came back...then it is definitely something on the carrier side.

Leave it alone. It'll sort itself out.
    I'm like that with mirrors and monitors too: no dust, no smudges. LOL. But mostly, it's something I think could help someone else, if we can unearth the root cause.
    11-26-13 04:35 PM
    What happens when you,briefly tap on the icon in the hub ?
    If you briefly tap the icon, you should get a box pop up which says call voice mail with a 2 options under it, one says call and the other says cancel
    If you press the icon on the hub you get the extended menu down the side with the. Deleted but on greyed out. You don't want that option you only briefly tap the message icon and you will get the screen pictured

Help - Can't delete Voice Mail notification from Hub.-img_00000721.png

Bob's mobile
    11-26-13 04:49 PM
    What happens when you,briefly tap on the icon in the hub ?
    If you briefly tap the icon, you should get a box pop up which says call voice mail with a 2 options under it, one says call and the other says cancel
    If you press the icon on the hub you get the extended menu down the side with the. Deleted but on greyed out. You don't want that option you only briefly tap the message icon and you will get the screen pictured

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000721.png 
Views:	623 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	224537

Bob's mobile
    Hey Bob,

That's exactly what I get. If I hit Cancel, I'm right back in the hub with the notification. If I hit Call, it connects me to my voicemail, and once I've signed in, it tells me I have no messages waiting.

Either path leaves me where I am now.
    11-26-13 05:05 PM
    When you end the call, the icon should clear.
    Have you tried letting the voice mail call run for a we bit longer like 15 seconds, it might be that the call is to short for the system to register?

Bob's mobile
    11-26-13 05:11 PM
    Yeah Bob. We went through a number of test VM scenarios (me and the techs at Rogers). They'd leave voicemails, have me purge using all kinds of different durations. Listen to the whole thing, then delete. Delete right away. Delete then hang up immediately. Delete, then wait, then hang up. None of those worked.

The techs even removed VM from my account, then rebuilt it (which should have effectively cleared any stuck VMs from the account).

Another tech has suggested I try my SIM in a different phone, to see if it gives the VM notification on it. If it does, they're suggesting I get a new SIM card. Does that seem plausible?
    11-26-13 05:21 PM
    If your sim card is over a year old ,i would try a new sim card. If the sim card is relatively new then I would doubt it.

My location is in the uk and we have only just got 4g within the last year and it's not available over the country yet .it could be the technology on the phone is more advanced than the sim card, I.e the old sim card does not support the service

It would be worth a try, you have nothing to lose. Sometimes we over look the obvious things and delve to deep to try and find a solution to the problem .
    i would pop in to the shop and ask them to try their sim card in your phone and see what happens, if it's ok then it's the sim card. If it's not then reverse the situation. If your card is ok in their phone then its a problem with your phone or the settings.

Sorry I can't be of any more assistance,
    Can you keep us posted on your outcomes
    Thanks in advance

Bob's mobile
    anon(8080272) likes this.
    11-26-13 05:43 PM
    There seems to be no fix for this. Rogers has tried absolutely everything on their end. They threw up their hands in defeat, and offered to send me a new phone (I declined ... this can't be a hardware issue).

Incidentally, Rogers connected me to BlackBerry tech support, and that was a terrible (first and last) experience. The first thing the rep said was it is paid support, and she's be happy to help me ... for $49.99.

FAIL on that one, BlackBerry. Utter fail.

So here's where I am, after one afternoon, evening, and morning of fiddling:

Attachment 224451

As guygardner73 suggested, I'm going to install a stable leak: 10.2.1.1055.
    This is supposed to be free if rogers pits you through to them. Yo can get them to put the call in for you and they foot the bill they jusy did it wrong.
    11-26-13 07:25 PM
    Yeah Bob. We went through a number of test VM scenarios (me and the techs at Rogers). They'd leave voicemails, have me purge using all kinds of different durations. Listen to the whole thing, then delete. Delete right away. Delete then hang up immediately. Delete, then wait, then hang up. None of those worked.

The techs even removed VM from my account, then rebuilt it (which should have effectively cleared any stuck VMs from the account).

Another tech has suggested I try my SIM in a different phone, to see if it gives the VM notification on it. If it does, they're suggesting I get a new SIM card. Does that seem plausible?
    It's certainly worth a shot. You did mention that when you booted up without the sim the VM entry wasn't there. Probably just because the phone info was missing. But...can you reformat/initialize the SIM?

Sorry that I don't really know the inner workings of the VM and phone sync/communication. But someone around here must know this stuff? It isn't complicated whatever it is. Maybe post on blackberry's forums?

Do you know who left that particular voicemail? Perhaps have that person leave another voicemail originating from the same phone number and then delete it and see if it wipes both out? Not sure how the entry is indexed (probably a date/time or unique identifier in addition to the phone number, but it's worth a try).

Do you have a backup from before the problem occurred? If so, restore that backup and go forward from there.

Did you try the simple diagonal multi-swipe to reset the hub? Upper right corner, downward toward the center of the screen. Four times fast. Resets the hub.

Just thinking out loud here...it seems clear that what happened is that whatever the o/s needs to wipe the entry was not received or processed correctly. However, all the stuff you tried with Rogers still didn't satisfy the phone for what it needs to erase that one entry.

Mind you, if you did a full wipe and the problem was still there, then it doesn't make sense, because Rogers would not be sending anything to the phone - if it doesn't exist on their servers (Which you say it doesn't). So the only thing that was the same, i.e. not wiped, was the sim.
    11-26-13 10:41 PM
    I've got exactly the same problem - lol
    01-08-14 05:01 AM
    I to have this issue. i thought with the latest OS it would of had a fix.
    01-28-14 02:47 PM
    Amazingly, the latest official OS update, 10.2.1.537, fixed it for me!

I realize this doesn't explain what was wrong, but the problem persisted until this morning, when I did the update.

Anyone still have the issue after the update?

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    01-28-14 06:41 PM
    Amazingly, the latest official OS update, 10.2.1.537, fixed it for me!

Anyone still have the issue after the update?
    !
    ***** I found a solution that worked for me [EDIT: it also worked for at least one other user] *****

After this very update you mentioned, that I applied yesterday, I started having the same problem as you. I never had this problem before. Interesting how this update resolved the problem for you, and caused it for me.

Anyway. I seemed to have resolved it today. Hopefully it won't come back. If it does, I'll come back here and re-post.

Now, here's how I have solved the problem:

- I called my BB from a land-line, and left a message, about 5s. long.
    - I turned off (completely) the BB
    - I checked my BB voice mail from the land-line. If you don't know the steps for this, find out from your carrier (or Google). BTW, I'm on Speakout (uses Rogers network)
    - I played the message I left for myself. (BTW, there was only one message in the Inbox, the one I just left for myself)
    - At the end of the message, I chose the option to save it (not sure if this step is needed [EDIT: user dalej88 confirmed that this step isn't needed]), and went back to the main menu
    - I then deleted the message, made sure the Inbox is empty, and hung up
    - I booted up the BB. The ghost Voice Mail notification was gone.

I rebooted the BB since then to see if the problem would reoccur, it didn't.

cheers
    Last edited by pomidor; 12-15-14 at 09:52 AM.
    01-29-14 07:06 AM
    yep .... still finding my way round the bb q10 and it happened to me but i took the advice of waiting a few seconds after pressing 3 and it seems to have worked. still a bit annoying as it slows the action down but hey ho
    01-31-14 06:37 AM
    Anyone able to help? I just noticed since upgrading the OS to official10.2.1, my Z10 doesn't display when I have voice mail now. Anyone else notice this?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 02:26 PM
    Anyone able to help? I just noticed since upgrading the OS to official10.2.1, my Z10 doesn't display when I have voice mail now. Anyone else notice this?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 03:07 PM
    Go into the hub and select settings,then select hub management, then select voice mail. You can switch the notification off and on
    Help - Can't delete Voice Mail notification from Hub.-img_20140204_210003.png

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 03:10 PM
    Go into the hub and select settings,then select hub management, then select voice mail. You can switch the notification off and on
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140204_210003.png 
Views:	578 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	244915

Posted via CB10
    It shows that it's on, showing in both. Thank you for the suggestion anyway!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 10:35 PM
    Oh the agony: the pesky notification is back!

I will attempt the fix suggested earlier, namely, power down BB, leave voicemail from another number, retrieve and save voicemail from another number, delete voicemail from another number, the power the BB back on.

Prayers have now commenced.

Incidentally, and totally off-topic, I now have the dreaded double and triple letter issue when I type. Ugh!

I am starting to dislike my Q10.

03-05-14 07:51 AM
    Oh the agony: the pesky notification is back!...
    If you're referring to my earlier post (#40), let us know if that method of deleting the notification worked for you.

BTW, since I deleted mine in post #40, the ghost voice mail never came back, even after a recent software update.

Given how I deleted the message originally, i.e.: without using the BB, I'd guess that the problem isn't with the phone, but with the carrier. DISCLAIMER: "I'm heavily biased since I hate everything Rogers"
    03-05-14 03:53 PM
    With my Q10 in for repair (double letter keyboard issue), I was forced to try a few other phones with my SIM.

The LG loaner exhibited the false VM notification.

I then picked up a used BB Torch 2, 9810 (for $40), to tide me over. Nice phone, BTW! It made realize how nice BBOS was...

The 9810 too displayed the false VM notification.

I picked up a new SIM card, activated it, and surprise surprise, no more false VM icon!

So in my case, it was caused by a defective SIM card. To be certain, I tried it in the LG again, and confirmed the "fix."

I am glad the issue is finally resolved, with the true root cause revealed.

Now, I can't wait to get my Q10 back ... but that's another story.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-23-14 10:30 PM
    To close the loop on this, I got my Q10 back (after having the keyboard replaced for the infamous "double-typing" issue. Verdict: no more vm notification icon, and no more double typing!!!

05-01-14 08:35 AM
    FIXED!
    Go to Hub. Highlight two other items, including the Voicemail notification, then Delete. Poof! Gone!
    11-19-14 11:59 AM
56 123