Every since the latest OS update, a phantom Voice Mail - New voice mail message waiting notification has shown up in the Hub on my Q10, and it's impossible to delete.

I've tried leaving myself a VM then deleting it, but the notification remains.

Any suggestions? I have no VM waiting, but this thing refuses to budge.

Help - Can't delete Voice Mail notification from Hub.-img_00000244_2.png
    11-24-13 10:01 AM
    Have you tried resetting the HUB? and a reboot?
    I had an email notification stuck like that and I had to reload my OS.
    anon(8080272) likes this.
    11-24-13 01:10 PM
    Try doing the mark all read feature. It won't delete it but at least it won't show up in the notification peek

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 01:28 PM
    Cheers guys. Reboot, battery-pull and hub reset haven't helped.

Marking all as read didn't remove it from peek.

Is a total clean install the only option?

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    11-24-13 09:25 PM
    Have someone leave you a new voice mail.

Then call in your voice mail and then delete it normally and don't hang up right away after you delete it.

That sometimes works.
    11-24-13 09:38 PM
    Have someone leave you a new voice mail.

Then call in your voice mail and then delete it normally and don't hang up right away after you delete it.

That sometimes works.
    Yeah, I tried this yesterday, and again today; no luck.

On a lark, I shut down, pulled battery and sim, and booted up the phone without the sim. The Hub repopulated with all email, texts etc, and the VM notification was gone!

I shut down, put the sim back in, booted up, the VM notification reappeared, now with a timestamp of when I rebooted. And same thing, I can't delete it.

I'll call Rogers (my provider) tomorrow to see if they can give it a kick on their end.

I will keep you posted.

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    11-24-13 11:26 PM
    When you leave a new voicemail, does it show in the hub? And when you delete it, does that one disappear but still leaves the problematic one? I sure as heck wouldn't do a wipe for something so minor. Can you reset your voice mail box? Purge? My guess is its on rogers side. The message got deleted but the phone didn't receive what it needs in order to delete the entry. Really not sure how the coordination between the vm and phone works, but obviously you have to get the vm to inform the phone properly of what the status is. I had this problem many months ago. Can't remember what I did, but it went away.

Btw, the trashcan SHOULD be greyed out. You cannot delete a voicemail hub entry like you can other items.
    11-25-13 04:27 AM
    I had this issue. I tried everything, and eventually called my carrier (EE UK). A VM had got 'stuck' in their system, and they deleted it at their end, and the notification eventually disappeared from my phone. The advice they gave was not to immediately hang up after deleting a VM by hitting 3 (in my case), but wait a second and then disconnect - they reckoned that it can take a second for the deletion to become 'active' and actually take it off the system. TBH, I doubt this, but still - they did get rid of the notification.
    11-25-13 07:46 AM
    When you leave a new voicemail, does it show in the hub? And when you delete it, does that one disappear but still leaves the problematic one? I sure as heck wouldn't do a wipe for something so minor. Can you reset your voice mail box? Purge? My guess is its on rogers side. The message got deleted but the phone didn't receive what it needs in order to delete the entry. Really not sure how the coordination between the vm and phone works, but obviously you have to get the vm to inform the phone properly of what the status is. I had this problem many months ago. Can't remember what I did, but it went away.

Btw, the trashcan SHOULD be greyed out. You cannot delete a voicemail hub entry like you can other items.
    Ah interesting. But odd (that you can't delete a hub VM notification).

I spent about 30 mins on the phone with a pleasant Rogers tech, and we tried just about everything. He pulled strings on the back-end. And we just couldn't get the pesky thing to go away.

It's not a huge problem, by any means, but it's annoying. I'm doing a full backup now, and I'll try a wipe / restore after the wife gets home (lest she try to call me, and think I'm fooling around with another ... phone).

Cheers!
    11-25-13 08:16 PM
    I had this issue. I tried everything, and eventually called my carrier (EE UK). A VM had got 'stuck' in their system, and they deleted it at their end, and the notification eventually disappeared from my phone. The advice they gave was not to immediately hang up after deleting a VM by hitting 3 (in my case), but wait a second and then disconnect - they reckoned that it can take a second for the deletion to become 'active' and actually take it off the system. TBH, I doubt this, but still - they did get rid of the notification.
    Ah yeah, you're one of the lucky ones. The very nice tech (Nick) at Rogers tried his best, and did some lever pulling on his end; to no avail.

As I posted, looks like m only option is an OS reinstall / restore.

I'll post my final final results later. Thanks for trying!
    11-25-13 08:18 PM
    Help - Can't delete Voice Mail notification from Hub.-img_8172b.jpg

... zzz ... Anyone know how long this is supposed to take?
    11-25-13 09:16 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8172b.jpg 
Views:	558 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	224296

... zzz ... Anyone know how long this is supposed to take?
    Sad to see you had to take this way for fixing this issue. I got it before with a facebook notification and I just let it be until I installed a leak.

Just for the records, did you try disabling Voice Mail from showing in Hub and then enable it again?
    11-26-13 06:33 AM
    Sad to see you had to take this way for fixing this issue. I got it before with a facebook notification and I just let it be until I installed a leak.

Just for the records, did you try disabling Voice Mail from showing in Hub and then enable it again?
    Ah good call; and I did try that, no avail.

I ended up doing the OS reinstall, but as soon as I restored my backup the VM notification came back too!

So it looks like it's time to just do a clean reinstall, and not restore the backup. I feel bad for anyone else who gets this issue.
    Yogibo likes this.
    11-26-13 08:27 AM
    Update:

Did an "Update on the Web" - Check for Updates (in Internet Explorer, not Chrome, Firefox or Opera) using the brick method.

Help - Can't delete Voice Mail notification from Hub.-update-web.png

Even without restoring my backup, that pesky Voice Mail Notification still shows up in the Hub after a fresh install!

What could this be?
    11-26-13 10:47 AM
    You've tried everything. Now it's time for the 10.2.1.1055 leak.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055 O2 UK
    11-26-13 11:04 AM
    Sorry to go off thread, but how do I setup my voice mail integrated into Hub? Although I put voice mail number in settings but I still don't get notifications about new voice messages

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 11:21 AM
    You've tried everything. Now it's time for the 10.2.1.1055 leak.

Totally looks that way. This will be my first leak ever (I used to do this all the time on my Android phone, but never felt compelled on the BB).

Thanks!
    11-26-13 11:39 AM
    Sorry to go off thread, but how do I setup my voice mail integrated into Hub? Although I put voice mail number in settings but I still don't get notifications about new voice messages

Posted via CB10
    Mine "just works," even after a fresh OS install. I'm guessing it's set up correctly on your account (by your carrier)? You may want to check that first.
    11-26-13 11:39 AM
    There seems to be no fix for this. Rogers has tried absolutely everything on their end. They threw up their hands in defeat, and offered to send me a new phone (I declined ... this can't be a hardware issue).

Incidentally, Rogers connected me to BlackBerry tech support, and that was a terrible (first and last) experience. The first thing the rep said was it is paid support, and she's be happy to help me ... for $49.99.

FAIL on that one, BlackBerry. Utter fail.

So here's where I am, after one afternoon, evening, and morning of fiddling:

Help - Can't delete Voice Mail notification from Hub.-img_00000001.png

As guygardner73 suggested, I'm going to install a stable leak: 10.2.1.1055.
    11-26-13 11:48 AM
    ... yet another update: wipe / install leak 10.2.1.1055 did NOT resolve the issue.

Think I should take Roger's offer and go with a new phone?

Help - Can't delete Voice Mail notification from Hub.-img_00000001.png
    11-26-13 12:09 PM
    As a Help Desk Tech, I am amazed at this issue. You have been extremely patient and thorough, yet this persists. I cannot see how it cannot be a Rogers problem (do they see a stuck VM on their end?), but you're saying the Rogers tech was good, too.

Totally baffled.......... Subscribed to see what your solution is.
    11-26-13 12:29 PM
    As a Help Desk Tech, I am amazed at this issue. You have been extremely patient and thorough, yet this persists. I cannot see how it cannot be a Rogers problem (do they see a stuck VM on their end?), but you're saying the Rogers tech was good, too.

Totally baffled.......... Subscribed to see what your solution is.
    Yeah, it's a strange one. Rogers even went so far as to totally disable (remove) voicemail from my account, then re-add it, which should effectively purge any ghost VMs, should there be any stuck in the system. Even that didn't work.

I'll be sure to post a solution here, if I find one. I'm anal retentive, and stubborn, and I can't let this go without a fight; taking a new phone seems frivolous (but I may end up going that route if I can't fix this).
    11-26-13 12:43 PM
    Yeah, it's a strange one. Rogers even went so far as to totally disable (remove) voicemail from my account, then re-add it, which should effectively purge any ghost VMs, should there be any stuck in the system. Even that didn't work.

I'll be sure to post a solution here, if I find one. I'm anal retentive, and stubborn, and I can't let this go without a fight; taking a new phone seems frivolous (but I may end up going that route if I can't fix this).
    Well, Kudos to you for your patience. This is so obviously a carrier issue as you're now on a new OS and it is still there. I'm inclined to believe that a new phone will be exactly the same for you when you pop your sim in it. Wow, you totally went to the extreme to resolve this. I never get that icon in the hub as my carrier doesn't support it.

11-26-13 12:48 PM
    When you get the notification,icon in the hub , you just tap the notification and it dials your voice mail. You don't do anything else. Once the call is connected and you have listened to your message, the icon is gone.
    If you dial your voice mail threw the phone app or threw your contacts the notification will not go away

The only thing you need to make sure you have setup your phone voice mail telephone no, in the phone app settings screen .

Bob's mobile
    11-26-13 01:15 PM
    Well, Kudos to you for your patience. This is so obviously a carrier issue as you're now on a new OS and it is still there. I'm inclined to believe that a new phone will be exactly the same for you when you pop your sim in it. Wow, you totally went to the extreme to resolve this. I never get that icon in the hub as my carrier doesn't support it.

I wonder if that might be the solution. Rogers enabled something not fully baked into the OS...

But if that were the case, quite a few Rogers BB10 users would be moaning on the forums. Hmmm ... just as stumped as ever.
    11-26-13 02:13 PM
56 123