Hello All,

I currently have a 9790, and I'm thinking of upgrading to the q10. I was hoping someone here could help. I use outlook via blackberry desktop, and synchronise my contacts, calendar, notes and tasks from outlook to my existing blackberry. I know that blackberry link now supports 2 way sync but does it just sync contacts & calendar? or will blackberry link now also sync notes & tasks. This is really important as I use notes & tasks quite extensively and if Link doesn't support that... there's no point me upgrading.

Thank you in advance for your help!
    07-25-13 12:40 PM
    I'm using Link with Outlook 2010 and it has been syncing contacts, calendar, and tasks. The tasks ended up in remember. I have not been using outlook for notes since I switched to Evernote so I can't comment on any issues or if it is working. I can say that the one thing I dislike, assuming you have the delete content notification checked, is the detail Link shows for the listing for items to be deleted. Not easy to determine what they are.

I've also tried active sync since it is supported by my company and it also seems to work. I've yet to switch completely to this method though.
    07-25-13 02:26 PM
    Thank you for the reply! can you see whether or not blackberry link actually supports 2way synchronisation of notes? i assume that if it has tasks, it will have notes too. My current blackberry is basically dead - so I am debating whether to get the same again (9790) or go with the q10 but these are pretty important points for me :-(
    07-26-13 04:13 AM
    Let me play with it some and I'll let you know later today.
    07-26-13 01:33 PM
    Turns out Tasks is not syncing either. So no notes or tasks. Since I enabled Active sync I got a task folder (in remember) that continues to update even though I disabled contacts and calendar so that through me off. Using Link I only get contacts and calendar.
    07-26-13 02:19 PM
    It pains me to say this but the sad truth is, that if you rely on desktop SW to keep your contacts/calendar/notes & tasks synchronized to Outlook running on your PC/Mac, you are better off staying with your 9790. BlackBerry Link is half-baked at best, and I'm being generous here. It is unpredictable in the extreme and full of bugs. There is a long thread in the forums here about the hoops one needs to jump through to get Link to even approach predictable synchronization of anything. I have tried Link, and given up in disgust. It mangled my contacts beyond comprehension. BlackBerry should be ashamed for unleashing this POS on an unsuspecting public.
    07-26-13 02:57 PM
    Thank you for all the help guys. I think my decision is either to buy another 9790 (mine simply doesn't want to work now) or - unfortunately - to migrate over to the land of the iPhone and give-up the keyboard. It's a real shame as I've been a blackberry fan since pretty much when they first came out, and it's hard to migrate away.
    07-26-13 03:16 PM
    Personally I can see the potential in Link and BB10 in general. The question you have to ask is can you ride through the rough times until it gets sorted out. The first release of Link did not support outlook at all so things are progressing, if not slowly. I'm also getting to the point where I will only need to sync through Link for backups. I can do everything else over WiFi or the network.
    07-26-13 03:34 PM