I just upgraded, nothing lost, I upgraded and restarted, left for about hour to reboot and sort it self out. Those who lost texts did you interfear with the update at all?

Posted via CB10
    I did not interfere with the update at all. It didn't take anything like as long as some are reporting - maybe 40 mins in total.
    07-31-13 02:06 AM
    I did not interfere with the update at all. It didn't take anything like as long as some are reporting - maybe 40 mins in total.
    Updated last night, all texts gone, not back yet over 12 hrs later.
    Unbelievable to me. And I was trying to sell this OS on it's simplicity to my wife who's upgrade eligible.
    07-31-13 03:20 AM
    I can't even text after the update! Any thoughts? I tried resetting the hub, battery pull and a couple software restarts...
    Can't believe people still think we need battery pull with os10. Just press the power button and turn your phone off.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 03:44 AM
    This sucks majorly! I need my text estates back! We had this before with OS6.something! Seriously for a mobile communications company blackberry is f###ing up here big time!

How can we get our messages back? Why is there no warning?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 06:50 AM
    Unfreacking believable when I thought BlackBerry hit rock bottom I'm speachless to discover that there is always a lower bottom. How can they possibly push an update that has the same bug of previous leaks. SMS history is VERY important to lots of people!!!! You f-u-c-k-e-d up again BlackBerry thank you very much!
    07-31-13 07:34 AM
    It's gone, nothing can be done, I have also lost all the texts, let's just move on guys

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 07:48 AM
    Unfreacking believable when I thought BlackBerry hit rock bottom I'm speachless to discover that there is always a lower bottom. How can they possibly push an update that has the same bug of previous leaks. SMS history is VERY important to lots of people!!!! You f-u-c-k-e-d up again BlackBerry thank you very much!
    If its so very important you would have thought to do a backup or have an app to save important info!

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.810
    07-31-13 07:51 AM
    If its so very important you would have thought to do a backup or have an app to save important info!

Link doesn't backup texts so you need to be a techy to know how to preserve them.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 09:43 AM
    Link doesn't backup texts so you need to be a techy to know how to preserve them.

Posted via CB10
    Link doesn't backup texts?? Wtf I didn't know that...how do you back up texts then?
    07-31-13 10:00 AM
    Link does backup texts.. every time I've loaded a leak OS (at least 6-7 tines) I've had my texts restored

07-31-13 10:08 AM
    Link does backup texts.. every time I've loaded a leak OS (at least 6-7 times) I've had my texts restored

I'm 90% sure at least lol.. where kris!?

07-31-13 10:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    No you don't look for SMS backup in app world pay the 0.99 and quit your whining, use your head people if something is important protect it! Do you have insurance on your house? Yes why? Because it's important!

I feel bad that people lost info, but every time you do this there is a risk so backup your important files!!!

As well it seems to me that this issue didn't exist when this update came out as a leak, granted it was a smaller sample group that would have actually installed it, but there was no issue when updating using the PC method, this issue seems to arise with the OTA method, something also to consider is if you have saved all these important texts, from the beginning of time that us a large amount of data, perhaps a backup and archive is a better idea?

I know ow there is issues with SMS when you have too many on your phone it slows the app down completely, perhaps the people who are having issues had huge SMS databases? Don't know perhaps some could chime in about how many texts they had saved

And remember don't get pissed at blackberry because you didn't protect your personal data and important information. The app is for texting to other smartphones there is nothing about the app nor does blackberry guarantee the data will be safe being stored on your phone or will still be there after a software update.

From the Zed of Rockivy
    07-31-13 10:14 AM
    I'm 90% sure at least lol.. where kris!?

Agreed

From the Zed of Rockivy
    habs_fan likes this.
    07-31-13 10:16 AM
    No you don't look for SMS backup in app world pay the 0.99 and quit your whining, use your head people if something is important protect it! Do you have insurance on your house? Yes why? Because it's important!

I feel bad that people lost info, but every time you do this there is a risk so backup your important files!!!

As well it seems to me that this issue didn't exist when this update came out as a leak, granted it was a smaller sample group that would have actually installed it, but there was no issue when updating using the PC method, this issue seems to arise with the OTA method, something also to consider is if you have saved all these important texts, from the beginning of time that us a large amount of data, perhaps a backup and archive is a better idea?

I know ow there is issues with SMS when you have too many on your phone it slows the app down completely, perhaps the people who are having issues had huge SMS databases? Don't know perhaps some could chime in about how many texts they had saved

And remember don't get pissed at blackberry because you didn't protect your personal data and important information. The app is for texting to other smartphones there is nothing about the app nor does blackberry guarantee the data will be safe being stored on your phone or will still be there after a software update.

From the Zed of Rockivy
    Erm don't be a ******. If I was on Apple or Android I wouldn't need to purchase an app to backup my text messages. I shouldn't need to back up my device every single time. The previous official upgrade from BlackBerry didn't lose my texts. And no I didn't have a massive database of texts but I still lost them. This is Blackberry's fault. If they're were problems in the leaks as some users have mentioned then why release the mr? Seems like we need an mr for the mr

Posted via Vader10
    bobauckland likes this.
    07-31-13 10:26 AM
    Erm don't be a ******. If I was on Apple or Android I wouldn't need to purchase an app to backup my text messages. I shouldn't need to back up my device every single time. The previous official upgrade from BlackBerry didn't lose my texts. And no I didn't have a massive database of texts but I still lost them. This is Blackberry's fault. If they're were problems in the leaks as some users have mentioned then why release the mr? Seems like we need an mr for the mr

Posted via Vader10
    It's not BlackBerry fault when they give you the programs to us to back up your phone ie) link
    I still Fail to see why if something on your phone is really important than why not back it up regularly

07-31-13 10:28 AM

Posted via Vader10
    It's always prudent to backup before upgrading the OS, with any phone or computer.

If you read any manual or help file from any of the companies the first line usually states something along the lines of remember to back your system before upgrading the software, and also leave the. Phone connected to a power source during the upgrade

Also it is important to distinguish is that this OS release wasn't a patch for a few items but a complete reload of the OS it's going to take time, I always do mine wired from a PC and have never had any issues I've done 6 or 7 leak installs with backup, wipe and restore in under 2 hours max and have had no issues my texts always repopulate and all my information is there

And I do recall an update to the Apple OS that completely screwed up people iTunes library where they lost huge amounts of music and files, so don't go giving me the apple android is perfect, as well android did an update I believe it was 2.2 to 2.3 the software asks to backup the phone, so you do, you now load the new OS, you go to restore your backup and that new version didn't have the restore feature, also I do believe that it is impossible in Android to go backwards in OS once you load the new one you can't go back

They all have their glitches protect yourself the best you can before you run willy nilly into traffic!!

From the Zed of Rockivy
    07-31-13 10:34 AM
    Umm you guys do realize that people did backup their phones prior to updating the OS and the restore still won't bring back the sms data
    MaxFresh and sonic_reducer like this.
    07-31-13 10:55 AM
    Umm you guys do realize that people did backup their phones prior to updating the OS and the restore still won't bring back the sms data
    It should, they should try to wipe, and reload the OS and then restore if they have a backup

07-31-13 11:01 AM
    my experience was it is not necessary to receive a new text message to get back any that appeared to be gone - simply open and close the text messages app about 4 or 5 times worked for me - YMMV, but it worked for me. Hope this helps someone....
    07-31-13 12:39 PM
    Coulda, should, woulda. For me my texts weren't life or death, but it's inconvenient that I lost so many years worth. To the ever so helpful poster preaching we should have backed up, great advise for next time. So in other words I shouldn't take advantage of OTA updates unless I first plug in to backup. And if I'm doing that there isn't much point in doing the update OTA. To me this all translates to BlackBerry was unreliable in this instance. My fault or not, it didn't work how it was supposed to. Every other OTA update I've done has brought my text history over just fine. One would think the same would have happened this time. Silly me for thinking the OTA method was safe.

Regardless of who's "fault" it is, there are many of us loyal BlackBerry customers who are unhappy with this mistake. BlackBerry cannot afford to **** off anymore people right now.
    Dave79 and mjdimer like this.
    07-31-13 02:41 PM
    Did those of you who've lost your texts buy your devices sim free? Of the 3 Q10 owners I know the 2 who bought sim free lost their texts in the upgrade, the one who had the device from the carrier didn't. All 3 are on T-Mobile UK.
    07-31-13 02:42 PM
    I doubt that makes a difference. But to answer your question, I got mine from my carrier (TELUS) with a sim.
    07-31-13 02:48 PM
    Did those of you who've lost your texts buy your devices sim free? Of the 3 Q10 owners I know the 2 who bought sim free lost their texts in the upgrade, the one who had the device from the carrier didn't. All 3 are on T-Mobile UK.
    I'm SIM free in the UK on EE. Although my hub was blank when first loading I just did the 5 diagonal swipes to refresh the hub. Everything loaded fine except for the IMAP email that needed a new password. I don't think your theory is correct but then again I'm a Z'er not a Q'er.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 04:22 PM
    What I also find interesting is that the carriers supposedly hold these updates to "test" them. Right.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 04:28 PM
    I backed up and never realised that it doesn't do a back up of sms. This is not on and people preaching about spending money to have something back up sms are on a different planet, I've backed up every time before an official update and never had this problem, so why is this time different?

Didn't BlackBerry just fire a load of testers?? Bad move, clearly.

Posted via cb10 on my gorgeous white Z10
    sonic_reducer likes this.
    07-31-13 04:37 PM
102 12345