Just curious if anyone knows if BB10 will be hearing aid compatible? I haven't been able to find the exact specs. I need a phone for my business and am trying to see if it's worth waiting for BB10 and hope it's hearing aid compatible or just buy a different phone.
    01-22-13 01:13 PM
    I believe it will be. OS7 has a HA mode (telecoil), and I don't foresee RIM excluding that from a future OS.
    01-22-13 02:45 PM
    This is such an important feature you will want to double-check (I would go straight to RIM unless someone with a Dev Alpha can tell) but BB7 is HA compatible. Good luck!
    01-22-13 03:13 PM
    I've actually heard from someone that it wasn't going to be compatible. I would really like to know the answer to this.
    Then again it might be a better question to ask in 7 Days 17 Hours and 41 Min.
    01-22-13 03:16 PM
    Thanks for passing on the information that the set BB7 is HA compilable, was in search of finding an answer to it.....
    01-22-13 03:53 PM
    Here is the current list of hearing aid compatible Blackberries.
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...349-001-US.pdf
    01-22-13 04:08 PM
    I knew about that list hence how I found out about the Style that I'm using right now. If I could have bought one for my business, I would but they're not making it. I know other BBs have HA but hoping that BB10. HA compatibility fluctuates for each new model, so frustrating at times. 7 days is a loong wait! lol
    01-24-13 12:30 PM
    So here's the update. ONLY BB Z10 STL100-3 is compatible with hearing aid (M3/T4). STL100-1 and STL100-2 does not have telecoil available (both have M3 only). Nothing on Q10 yet. All models does have TTY available (I don't even use that).
    02-01-13 10:27 AM
    If you want a hearing aid compatible mobile take a look on the new iPhone 5.

Apple offers the iPhone 5 in Europe with HAC rating M4/T4.
    02-13-13 05:59 AM
    Notice that it wasn't until iPhone 5 that it was finally HA compatible? Meanwhile BB have met the HA community needs for years. I got to see a working BB10 Z10 and I am happy to report that there is a hearing mode on it and I was able to hear very well on it. Going to order it tomorrow!
    02-14-13 09:37 AM
    Good news!

I use Phonak Naida IX SP power hearing aids and could not "allow" me a Z10 or Q10 without T-rating...

Please report it later from your experience (volume, language comprehension, interference by the telecoil ...)
    02-14-13 11:42 AM
    Will do! For the record, I wear Oticon Sumo DM (very powerful hearing aid) so I totally understand where you're coming from. Took me 5 years to finally find a phone with high T-rating and good call clarity without the annoying electronic background noise! If I didn't need a new phone, I'd be waiting on the on Z10 for more user reviews.
    02-14-13 01:09 PM
    You have few alternatives and worse than the senior cell phones from Doro the Z10 does not have to be

Hearing impaired Europeans have difficulty because the EU cares more about the curvature of bananas instead HAC cell phones

Bluetooth devices such as Oticons Streamer or Phonaks iCom/ComPilot are obviously useful for "scheduled" calls. In a "surprising" phone call but then you know why you own a T3 or T4 cell phone

Sure it has no one noticed but English is not my native language
    I hope my posts are still readable...
    02-14-13 04:48 PM
    It s hearing ads compatible..you have to enable it in setting..it work great.
    02-14-13 06:29 PM
    Well, after spending over 2 hours trying to get my Style working again, I had to get the Z10 a little sooner than expected (fortunately, the store was able to get the phone to me faster). The call quality is even better than the Style (which is saying a lot). After turning on the hearing aid mode, I only needed half the volume to be able to hear most people on the phone. Their voices do not sound tinny but rather strong and clear and very similar to my landline phone so I was impressed right there. Even with some people whom I have had always trouble hearing, I have heard them without any issues. Telecoil was not an issue whether or not the hearing mode was turned on or not. That setting just helps make the sound a little more clearer (obviously important to the hard of hearing) and louder. There was absolutely NO interference from the phone at all when I had the telecoil on which is far better than some of the Android phones that I tried out from friends.

Even people at the end of the line said that my voice came through very clear and there was no lag whatsoever (sometime occurred with my Style). Everyone has noticed that it's just that much better than my Style.

If this phone has worked very well for me who has very powerful hearing aids and more susceptible to interference, you would have no issues at all with this phone. I spoke with 10 different people on the phone ranging from deep voices to high pitch and was able to catch almost 100% of the conversation. I'm impressed and highly recommend this phone.
    HACandtelecoil and peter9477 like this.
    02-17-13 09:34 AM
    Well, after spending over 2 hours trying to get my Style working again, I had to get the Z10 a little sooner than expected (fortunately, the store was able to get the phone to me faster). The call quality is even better than the Style (which is saying a lot). After turning on the hearing aid mode, I only needed half the volume to be able to hear most people on the phone. Their voices do not sound tinny but rather strong and clear and very similar to my landline phone so I was impressed right there. Even with some people whom I have had always trouble hearing, I have heard them without any issues. Telecoil was not an issue whether or not the hearing mode was turned on or not. That setting just helps make the sound a little more clearer (obviously important to the hard of hearing) and louder. There was absolutely NO interference from the phone at all when I had the telecoil on which is far better than some of the Android phones that I tried out from friends.

Even people at the end of the line said that my voice came through very clear and there was no lag whatsoever (sometime occurred with my Style). Everyone has noticed that it's just that much better than my Style.

If this phone has worked very well for me who has very powerful hearing aids and more susceptible to interference, you would have no issues at all with this phone. I spoke with 10 different people on the phone ranging from deep voices to high pitch and was able to catch almost 100% of the conversation. I'm impressed and highly recommend this phone.
    Nearly 100% comprehension?? With Z10? Wow...that is simply astonishing!
    02-17-13 11:06 AM
    Thanks for your great report!

This weekend I had the opportunity to test the iPhone 5 and it has not convinced me. There are also no interferences but the voice is - difficult to describe - strangely far away. In comparison my Bold 9780 have some slight noise when dialing but in conversation blows the voice directly into the brain

I am not under time pressure and will wait for the T-Rating on the Q10. Is always great to have more than one arrow in the quiver
    02-18-13 11:00 AM

I'm inquiring whether or not you are still experiencing the 'cotton ball effect' through the Z10? Are you saying that you really comprehend and understand nearly 100% of the conversation? I know I'm repeating what you have written but I find this hard to visualize. Z10's hearing aid mode call quality had somehow improved upon the legacy BB phones? Cotton ball effect is a non-factor? Man, that is soooo awesome!
    02-18-13 11:59 AM
    Hi there. I apologize for the delay. Yes, I can still catch nearly 100% of the conversation. I actually find myself talking on the phone a lot without needing to go to my special phone or having an amplifier for another land line phone.

I am conversing with many different clients. The call quality is very very good which is saying a lot for my very powerful hearing aid. I am quite pleased with the phone!

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 10:03 PM
    would like to know if both blackberry z10 and q10 have the designated hearing compatible of m4t4?
    I have a cochlear implant and have the blackberry curve 8330 which has m4t4 and works very well for me. I would like to upgrade to the blackberry
    q10 and need this information. Thank you
    04-08-13 02:02 PM
    I've had the Z10 about 2 months. One of the first things I did was switch on the hearing aid compatibility in the accessibility settings. I wear a full-size over-the-ear hearing aid. Hearing over the phone has been fine for me, for what it's worth.
    04-08-13 02:51 PM
    "I use Phonak Naida IX SP power hearing aids and could not "allow" me a Z10 or Q10 without T-rating... "

I am astonished that Blackberry earned a t4 rating for the z10. Or maybe the problem is with my Naida hearing aids? I have the highest end Phonak Naida's and the Z10 interference on telecoil renders them useless. I am able to use Naida's Duophone Telecoil flawlessly on my wife's Windows Phone Nokia Lumia 1020. Maybe I got a defective model STL100-3. Otherwise I love the Blackberry OS 10.2 but this is so disappointing.
    09-06-14 10:40 AM