Turning off Location Services didn't work for me.
    Presumably you rebooted after doing that too? It doesn't work merely by turning it off, even for those of us for whom it appears to have worked.

(I'm at roughly 2h since doing that and it's still fixed here.)
    12-03-13 04:05 PM
    I started the topic and send it couple months ago to blackberry server about this issue.. it is a date related issue you guys have to look in that direction.. if I set my date back to november it works instantly.. so there is a stop on it on certain date.. or the BlackBerry server send something unknowingly..

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-03-13 04:07 PM
    I reopen my z10 but the still can't rotate the screen
    Last edited by johari ismail; 12-03-13 at 04:36 PM.
    12-03-13 04:11 PM
    I started the topic and send it couple months ago to blackberry server about this issue.. it is a date related issue you guys have to look in that direction.. if I set my date back to november it works instantly.. so there is a stop on it on certain date.. or the BlackBerry server send something unknowingly..
    This seems a tad unlikely to me, since it appears there are suddenly hundreds (likely tens of thousands, if not more) of us having the problem, whereas "a couple of months ago" I'm pretty sure there were not. It seems far more likely that although the issues may manifest in the same way, it was not exactly the same problem that you experienced.

Also, my device is back to working perfectly well at the moment, and has been for several hours, after I disabled Location Services. Unless it's related to the automatic time adjustment and my device just happens not to have tried updating that in the last few hours, it doesn't seem to me it's time-related (at least, not purely time-related).
    12-03-13 04:18 PM
    Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 04:25 PM
    At first I thought it would be a hardware issue, since my proximity sensor stopped working and I kept pushing buttons with my ear while doing some calls, but it appears to be some programming issue that has a certain timeout.

After I did a restart five hours ago and turned Wi-Fi and Data Connection for a couple of times on and off nothing happened and all of the sensors still seem to work properly. Location services are not turned off.

Here is my log for the analysis, I hope the reason of the problem will be figured out soon and it will never bother us again.
    Attached Files
    12-03-13 04:25 PM
    Presumably you rebooted after doing that too? It doesn't work merely by turning it off, even for those of us for whom it appears to have worked.

(I'm at roughly 2h since doing that and it's still fixed here.)
    Turning off location services and rebooting has so far worked for me ~30mins and counting. Before I couldn't go more than 2 mins without issues.
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-03-13 04:28 PM
    No what's app and NO bbm channels. Scratch that theory.

Oh, BB, where are you? Come out and play, ahem, fix this.
    Theory scratched, the most common workaround is turn off location services and reboot the device, it has appeared in several forums, I will try with my moms and wifes phones tonight and I'll post the results here.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-03-13 04:39 PM
    Proximity is off. I'm on a call and my face would mute it or turn in off or go to speaker. Light sensor is no longer working.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 04:40 PM
    Haven't found a solution yet
    Attached Files
    12-03-13 04:41 PM
    Yes, keypad light is refusing to turn on once it turns off using a Q10 ofcourse. If I turn the phone on and off it lights up, but then it doesn't after that. Very annoying. Will try upload the log files asap.

Edit: struggling to upload the log file, have it zipped in documents, but when I click attach on the CB app it does not appear in the folder. :S
    On another note, the screen has also become less responsive and Laggy at times, which has coincided with the lack of sensor functionality. I have the angry birds seasons installed as well.May delete that shortly.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 04:43 PM
    Had the same sensors issue. This has worked for me so far: Just turned location services off and restarted my Z10. Working well so far...
    Last edited by stngray; 12-03-13 at 04:58 PM.
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-03-13 04:44 PM
    [BOX][/BOX]
    We're trying to get to the bottom of the failed sensor issue, so if you're having problems, please take a few minutes and post your log file here so we can see what's going on.

To find your log file:

• Open Help application
    • Tap the icon in the lower left
    • Select Support
    • Select create report
    • Enter 12345678 under Incident # field (leave the inc 0s as they appear) Enter your email address Select Create Report
    • Click Cancel (not submit) or click back

Then using the File Manager application, Select device (not SD Card) -- Browse to /documents/log - ZIP the file and attach to your reply here
    Attached Files
    12-03-13 04:49 PM
    Did anyone who is having this problem and is reporting that it occurred after installing angry birds also do the update for Minion Rush? I don't think AB uses the proximity sensor but MR does. Same question for Real Raxing 3's update.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on my Qued10 in CB10
    I don't have those games on my Q10 yet my kb illumination has stopped working as of 22:05 GMT on 3rd Dec 2013.

In another thread, someone suggested turning off location services which I did then rebooted by holding down both volume keys.
    Still no kb lights.

Edit: BlackBerry Virtual Expert confirmed all my sensors are working. Yet my kb doesn't illuminate.
    Last edited by CJH_; 12-03-13 at 05:19 PM.
    12-03-13 04:57 PM
    Sounds like a blackberry server problem. Shutting down data services and rebooting device allows all sensors to work again. Turning wifi or data back on shuts down the sensors.
    That's odd because my cellular data is off.
    12-03-13 05:03 PM
    Hi,

I tried the date fix and didn't work.

Turned Location Services off, restarted and the keyboard light and proximity sensors work fine for a good hour now..

Still can't use compass though or any other app that requires LC on like sky watching, level...

This sensor malfunction thing seems like a time bomb in the latest os official release...
    The sensors stopped working gradually on my q10.. first the compass, then the sleep sensor and last the keyboard light sensor as I was reading a thread about it...
    It took something like 10min...

Strange, hope it gets fixed soon..

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 05:06 PM
    I can't even create the log, invalid incident number no matter what I type in... Also, I haven't loaded any apps in the last couple of days. This started this morning...

Posted via CB10

*** Ok, turned location services off, rebooted, sensors all working now. Created the log file (wouldn't work before reboot). Can't seem to attach log here
    Last edited by Marc Latief; 12-03-13 at 06:00 PM.
    12-03-13 05:07 PM
    Yesterday used BlackBerry maps and at some point rotation sensor stopped working...
    Today I found out that my z10 not responds to magnetic holster...
    And compass "your device does not support the necessary sensors for this application "
    What's going on!??

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 05:24 PM
    My proximity sensor is not working I updated to the 10.2 and it stopped now I'm running 10.2.1 and it don't work I have to wait for my call to be answered then I press the lock button at the top of my Z10
    hakdaddy1 likes this.
    12-03-13 05:31 PM
    My screen stopped rotating yesterday...very annoying

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 05:42 PM
    EVERYTHING was working fine here with location services on and rotating in the hub, compass works fine and everything is okay UNTILL I opened skype ( which triggered location services) and tried to rotate to landscape in the hub, now my compass won't work and phone won't rotate.

Could this have something to do with android apps using location services?!

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-03-13 05:47 PM
    It would be really helpful if everybody actually specified which device and OS they're using.

Everything is working for me.

I installed Shark Dash.
    I have the latest Whatsapp and BBM Channels
    Location-Based Services are on
    Rotation Lock works perfectly
    My Compass works

I'm on the STL100-1 using 10.2.1.1055 on the Vodacom network in Cape Town, South Africa.

I installed the 10.2.1.1055 using the latest CFP and separate OS and Radio files...though I don't think that's relevant.
    12-03-13 05:51 PM
    I don't think so, cause I don't have any Android apps. I did download a game from the blackberry app world the day before

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 05:53 PM
    Z10 latest official software

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 05:54 PM
    Yup.. having the rotating issue.. only things I installed lately were minion rush update, angry birds seasons and shark dash. Also noticed during minion rush start up I get a "game controller is disconnected" message pop up.

Posted via CB10
    hakdaddy1 likes this.
    12-03-13 05:54 PM
359 ... 7891011 ...