10-02-16 11:04 AM
359 ... 34567 ...
tools
    A restart fixes the problem for me until I use an app that uses location services.

Posted via CB10
    Confirmed.... problem is back when using an app that uses location services. In my case rad.io... also thinking that BlackBerry will solve it easily...

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:21 PM
    hi all,
    uninstall AB and minion rush and all back to nornal. (I hope so )

later edit
    no! is not to normal. senzor is not working after 10 min>
    I reset the time/date back. I deleted Angry birds freebie. I turned on airplane mode. Rebooted. All worked fine UNTIL I turned wifi/network (verizon) back on. Sensors again "broken"
    12-03-13 12:21 PM
    After a long battery pull the issue was resolved, but it returned after several hours. I'm running the factory OS and have installed Angry Birds Seasons. All notifications are working normally. Only the rotation sensor seems to have been affected.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:25 PM
    yes,problems return after turn on wi-fi.So the main problem must be with wi-fi and/or location.......
    12-03-13 12:27 PM
    Found a temporary fix for the issue, it seems that the problem is occuring while connected to a network. I'll copy paste the temporary fix from my other thread:

It worked on mine so I'm not sure if it will work for everybody.

1. Disable the Data Services in mobile network and the Wi-Fi on your phone.
    2. Shut down your phone then turn it on.

Yes, you can't go to the internet while everything is off but the problem is temporary fixed. I would suggest to try another device if you really want to connect to the internet. We just need to wait for Blackberry support team to fix the issue.

Reminder: Don't lose your faith in the company, it's just some low life apple/android drone who has nothing better to do to try and alienate Blackberry users to another cellphone device. We here to stay! #teamblackberry #blackberrymasterrace
    For those who missed it.
    12-03-13 12:28 PM
    Apparently it may be related to some communications thru Internet, probably with BlackBerry servers.

--> Did someone have made some try around disabling BBM or around disabling BlackBerry World updates check.

--> Did our BBID have something to do with the autorisation to allow/block access to these sensors ?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:28 PM
    Problem is definitely due to location services.Try this temporary fix: turn off mobile data and location service from settings. Reboot the phone and test sensors with BBVE. Sensors should be back to normality, then turn on mobile data and leave location services off... you lose location services but sensors will work and you can use the phone and surf the Internet.

Posted via CB10
    BBZ10wannabe likes this.
    12-03-13 12:29 PM
    Thanks all

Posted via my awesome Q10
    12-03-13 12:33 PM
    I tried the Date adjustment thing and it worked great for about an hour. I noticed the screen rotation went to crap as soon as I connected back to wifi. I'm trying the trick to disable location services now and see if that works.
    12-03-13 12:41 PM
    Good call with location services - I rebooted, turned off location services before doing anything else upon reboot - no issues now. I'm guessing that the BB World December Giveaway was causing more users than normal to open BBWorld, which was using Location Serviecs to determine which free app you got, which was causing issues crashing the sensors.

Interesting!

A restart fixes the problem for me until I use an app that uses location services.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:42 PM
    Problem is definitely due to location services.Try this temporary fix: turn off mobile data and location service from settings. Reboot the phone and test sensors with BBVE. Sensors should be back to normality, then turn on mobile data and leave location services off... you lose location services but sensors will work and you can use the phone and surf the Internet.

Posted via CB10
    it seems that working to q10
    thanks
    12-03-13 12:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    No reboot needed. I turned location service off and my rotation worked as it should. (I normally have mine locked)

AT&T Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    m1kr0 likes this.
    12-03-13 12:44 PM
    Didn't work for me
    12-03-13 12:49 PM
    I noticed that there was an problem with the dimming, rotation and also youtube stopped allowing me to search for videos at times

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:52 PM
    Here you go...
    Attached Files
    12-03-13 12:59 PM
    I got the issue too doing my nut in. Had a update just now didn't make a difference at all

Moheeb khan
    12-03-13 01:02 PM
    I reset the time/date back. I deleted Angry birds freebie. I turned on airplane mode. Rebooted. All worked fine UNTIL I turned wifi/network (verizon) back on. Sensors again "broken"
    It looks like the instance it auto update the time/timezone, it gets broken again! As long as it can't communicate with the server, all is fine?

Edit: from the other posts it looks like the location service can play a role here.

Edit 2: from other posts in the forums, location service workaround only last a few hours and thereafter the bug returns.

Edit 3: experiments with android runtimes (upgrading and downgrading, as well as installing the runtime released in BB World early November) did not provide a lasting cure for users, as seen in other threads.

Edit 4: everybody that got fed up and installed leak 10.2.1.1055 is now without any issues or bugs.

Edit 5: there is no clear evidence that any app/game installed, or removed aided the issue in any way. Users claimed it was the apps from the 25 day free promotion, but several users did not install any of these. Matter of fact, several users did not install any new app for weeks but still experienced the issue.

Edit 6: members are suggesting a recent BBM update with Channels is a common denominator that can cause these issues, but there is no proof thus far.

Edit 7: the only consistent throughout is that it happened almost globally on a specific date/time. Some forum users find it very interesting that there were recent layoffs at BB and seem to think this is actually a Time Bomb. This is NOT proven.
    Last edited by mikr009876; 12-03-13 at 03:37 PM.
    12-03-13 01:07 PM
    The weird thing is that my sensors stop working after opening android apps, if I don't open any android app after restarting the device, the sensors will work well, but every time I open an android app the sensors crash.

I saw this issue after installing the Android runtime on my os 10.2 Z10 , but I don't know if the problem is from the android runtime

Btw I also noticed that after upgrading minion rush :/
    Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 01:10 PM
    Having the issue too since yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 01:14 PM
    No reboot needed. I turned location service off and my rotation worked as it should. (I normally have mine locked)

AT&T Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    I turned both location services and data services off. Rotation did not come back for me before I rebooted. Once rebooted, rotation returned. I turned data services back on and left location services off. It still works. Hopefully this solves the problem until a bug fix comes across.
    12-03-13 01:18 PM
    Mins started yesterday as well.. i am trying the date change like was suggested earlier...
    Attached Files
    12-03-13 01:19 PM
    I havent downloaded anything. Yet I am facing this issue. Annoying. It gets fixed for 5 mins with every reboot. Any HELP would be really welcome.
    Exact same thing for me... I'm getting rly annoyed

Posted via CB10 on my beloved Z10
    12-03-13 01:20 PM
    Attached is my zipped log file. Thanks Superfly_FR!
    Attached Files
    12-03-13 01:22 PM
    My proximity sensor works fine, but he is blinking over the time!!

My 10.2.1.1055.
    The rest of the OS working very well

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 01:24 PM
    Gadget box. Flashlight caused a camera error. Wouldn't turn off the flash

BlackBerry Z10.
    12-03-13 01:24 PM
359 ... 34567 ...