They fixed the issue via BlackBerry server. But why is my BBM changed? So there was the bug right???

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 01:28 AM
    They fixed the issue via BlackBerry server. But why is my BBM changed? So there was the bug right???

Posted via CB10
    Your question about bbm is unrelated to the issue. BBM got updated and I'm assuming you now have access to channels.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-04-13 01:36 AM
    I have the same issue when I restart my device it will work for 5 to 10 minutes and stop again.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 02:22 AM
    I have the same issue when I restart my device it will work for 5 to 10 minutes and stop again.

Posted via CB10
    Try a battery pull instead of "simple on/off" or "restart". Should do the trick.
    12-04-13 04:54 AM
    No. I have the channel from. The beginning of the beta.. after the fix change the color of my BBM.. so that's the reason why I. Assuming that.. so tell me then what was the bug... it is a date related issue from BlackBerry server.. there is no other option

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 05:50 AM
    This issue was also in the beginning.. you can check that via. BlackBerry..

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 05:54 AM
    ... it is a date related issue from BlackBerry server.. there is no other option
    Posted via CB10
    many other possibilities as a simple bottleneck in communications ...
    We have to wait and get the info from BB if ever they release it.
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-04-13 05:56 AM
    I find that ****ed up that a simple interaction with BlackBerry services could bring down sensors... they should be independent from each other...
    Oh, I quite agree with this comment. This episode is an embarrassing demonstration of what I suspect is a nasty little design flaw somewhere in there. I hope to learn more about just how this could even be possible but as Superfly hints we may never know.

I just wanted to allay any fears that this involves a glaring security risk of the kind you hypothesized.

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7, Superfly_FR and kbz1960 like this.
    12-04-13 06:32 AM
    Looks like it's been fixed, saw the tweet from clewley from BlackBerry and restarted and all is well with the world.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-04-13 07:36 AM
    Happened to me. Very strange. Did it trigger on the month change?

www.907outdoors.com
    12-04-13 09:22 AM
    OK, final words : Yesterday's sensor issue was due to corrupt server data | CrackBerry.com
    A server that provides sensor calibration information to the phone was sending corrupt data that would affect the sensors to the phone. The issue was resolved at the server. Customers that are affected can simply restart their phone to resolve the problem.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    12-04-13 10:02 AM
    As with most problems, its usually a simple and mundane answer. Though, conspiracy theories are fun.
    12-04-13 10:41 AM
    I still have the problem

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 04:18 PM
    I still have the problem
    Even after you've rebooted?

Try disabling Location Services in the settings, then rebooting again (and leaving Location Services off for now). Does that let it work?

If not, then maybe it's simply not the same problem. Need more data...
    12-04-13 05:16 PM
    Even after you've rebooted?

Try disabling Location Services in the settings, then rebooting again (and leaving Location Services off for now). Does that let it work?

If not, then maybe it's simply not the same problem. Need more data...
    I've rebooted and I always have location services off

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 06:24 PM
    I've rebooted and I always have location services off
    And... anything else you can share about this?

Like, did the issue start for you only in the last few days? Was your phone working fine for months before that?

Is it definitely the same issue, with most or all of your sensors messed up?

If you disable all data services (cell and wifi) and reboot, does it still fail?

Nothing else unusual that might indicate this is something else?

Or are you one of what I hope is a very small group who experienced this problem only just these past few days with the rest of us, but for whom none of the workarounds help, and for whom BlackBerry's fix does nothing?

I think that would definitely be something to let them know about.... tweeting at Michael Clewley (https://twitter.com/MichaelClewley) would be my first step.
    12-04-13 06:49 PM
    And... anything else you can share about this?

Like, did the issue start for you only in the last few days? Was your phone working fine for months before that?

Is it definitely the same issue, with most or all of your sensors messed up?

If you disable all data services (cell and wifi) and reboot, does it still fail?

Nothing else unusual that might indicate this is something else?

Or are you one of what I hope is a very small group who experienced this problem only just these past few days with the rest of us, but for whom none of the workarounds help, and for whom BlackBerry's fix does nothing?

I think that would definitely be something to let them know about.... tweeting at Michael Clewley (https://twitter.com/MichaelClewley) would be my first step.
    I don't know what to do but it doesn't bother me too much. It started when I installed 10.2.1. I don't know if turning off radios will fix it but I can try

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 07:32 PM
    Seems that android apps, all o them, while running, make the sensor flash until I fully close the app. And sometimes, a reboot is needed

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 09:39 PM
    I don't think I'm having a. Senior problem but I am having problems with my bbm display changing from light to dark all on its own. When I open it it changes to light then I change it to dark and after it changes back to light. Anyone else having this problem.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 01:32 AM
    Restart fixed it. No date change needed. Q10 as well. See how long it lasts.
    12-05-13 09:49 PM
    I don't think I'm having a. Senior problem but I am having problems with my bbm display changing from light to dark all on its own. When I open it it changes to light then I change it to dark and after it changes back to light. Anyone else having this problem.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it's related to this problem. I saw something about that elsewhere in the forums. Certain BBM versions don't play well with certain OS versions.

www.907outdoors.com
    12-05-13 11:22 PM
    My Q10 is flaky since the sensors issues, I keep losing my connection to the BlackBerry servers plus the kb backlight refuses to go out even when the screen's off.
    12-06-13 04:18 PM
    My Q10 is flaky since the sensors issues, I keep losing my connection to the BlackBerry servers plus the kb backlight refuses to go out even when the screen's off.
    You may have seen my tweets on that already: https://twitter.com/peter9477/status/408777789123203072 and https://twitter.com/peter9477/status/408778545255575552

Glad to hear someone else is seeing the same thing (though unhappy that either of us is facing it), so I know it's probably something BlackBerry could figure out and resolve for us.

I really hope to avoid the "just do a wipe" approach on this, which would be a big #fail.

Mine has now been connected to BB servers since the morning, which is the longest it's managed yet since the incident began. Fingers crossed that it stays good this time. These things have felt like aftershocks from an earthquake. :-(
    12-06-13 05:06 PM
    I'm on 02 UK using Z10 & 10.2.1 since I upgraded to 10.1.0 my proximity sensor hasn't worked I have tried re starting battery pulls and even a full re boot nothing solves this I think my sensor has just packed up Anyone know anything else I can try before I have no choice but to go back to car phone warehouse and they send my phone away for about a month....Thanks all
    12-07-13 03:25 AM
    My sensors have stopped working since I updated to 10.2.1 and having rotation lock issues.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 03:50 AM
359 ... 1011121314 ...