Except this solution wasn't working prior. But now it works ??? Wtf is happening... lol

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    Apparently, Clewley (or someone) did something off-site and a reboot fixes it.
    Which is odd cos I followed all the suggestions and nothing worked before.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-03-13 08:14 PM
    Apparently issue is now fixed. Just need to restart your phone.

Posted via my awesome Q10
    12-03-13 08:17 PM
    same issue
    Attached Files
    12-03-13 08:19 PM
    Yes, I'm sure that my brightness control (in Settings) was still working, as I tried it and it affected the screen. I'm not sure whether my light level sensor was working as I didn't experiment with it.

The proximity sensor and light sensor are co-located, but they're not the same physical sensor. They could both be affected by certain physical problems (e.g. tape covering the opening that they peek through) or software problems, but a software problem could just as easily affect only one and not the other. It would depend entirely on the specific issue involved (e.g. how low-level or high-level it is).
    Sorry, but from the start I didn't mean the brightness control via setting, I also can control the brightness, but I mean the ambient light sensor which control the brightness if you're in certain places such as if you in dark place, the brightness will dim little bit, so that the brightness didn't hurt your eyes. In BBVE it is called light sensor, see if your ambient light sensor are working or not

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:27 PM
    Here is my log file. Hope this gets fixed soon!
    Attached Files
    12-03-13 08:29 PM
    Well, after Clewley's tweet, I restarted and have had no issues ever since.

Although I'm happy my Z10 is back to normal, the solution does not satisfy my curiosity... I hope we eventually find out what happened.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:34 PM
    Well, after Clewley's tweet, I restarted and have had no issues ever since.

Although I'm happy my Z10 is back to normal, the solution does not satisfy my curiosity... I hope we eventually find out what happened.

Posted via CB10
    I did a soft reboot as well, and magically my Location Settings were turned back on (without me doing so) and the sensor issues seem to have been fixed. I literally have no idea what fixed this to allow location services again and the sensors to work properly without any further intervention from me. I too am very anxious to hear 1.) What exactly happened to initiate this problem and 2.) How this was fixed merely by a seemingly easy soft reboot this go around vs. everyone doing a soft reboot last time but keep location services off.
    12-03-13 08:37 PM
    I did a soft reboot as well, and magically my Location Settings were turned back on (without me doing so) and the sensor issues seem to have been fixed. I literally have no idea what fixed this to allow location services again and the sensors to work properly without any further intervention from me. I too am very anxious to hear 1.) What exactly happened to initiate this problem and 2.) How this was fixed merely by a seemingly easy soft reboot this go around vs. everyone doing a soft reboot last time but keep location services off.
    It seems to me that they have root access to our phones. And can implement a fix if needed. But the opposite can happen too.... a pissed off employee could of caused this head ache...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-03-13 08:39 PM
    Here's the log file from my Z10. I had to rename the zip file with the .jpg extension so it would upload using the CB app.

I first noticed that screen rotation stopped working around 10 PM on Monday 2 December, right after I launched TuneIn Radio version 1.0.0.20557. No other apps were open.

Tried restarting and battery pull, but it only resolves the issue temporarily.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:41 PM
    Guys it's fixed... just do the reboot.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-03-13 08:42 PM
    It seems to me that they have root access to our phones. And can implement a fix if needed. But the opposite can happen too.... a pissed off employee could of caused this head ache...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    If this is true, does this not raise some very important security questions? I am by no means an expert on mobile security, but if any employee has root access to my phone, are there any limitations which safe guard me in case (somehow) their end on administration becomes compromised? I am not going to use the word backdoor here as it is obviously not that, but I cannot feel in essence they can achieve the same things (both good and bad).
    12-03-13 08:44 PM
    If this is true, does this not raise some very important security questions? I am by no means an expert on mobile security, but if any employee has root access to my phone, are there any limitations which safe guard me in case (somehow) their end on administration becomes compromised? I am not going to use the word backdoor here as it is obviously not that, but I cannot feel in essence they can achieve the same things (both good and bad).
    I'm studying computer science. This is my best guess but at the same time boggles my mind lol.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-03-13 08:51 PM
    So I restarted the phone and everything seems normal. But, why it happened? And what did they do to resolve? Anyone knows?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:53 PM
    So I restarted the phone and everything seems normal. But, why it happened? And what did they do to resolve? Anyone knows?

Posted via CB10
    Nobody really knows... just speculation.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-03-13 08:54 PM
    Hey folks, just want to update on my end here.

My phone started acting up with all the same issues listed here today. Right around lunch time here in Winnipeg. I'm on Rogers official 10.2.0.429. I noticed it when I pulled my phone from my holster and it never turned on. Did a cold reboot and it seems to be working fine. I'm baffled how it all happened.

Interesting enough though is my GF's Z10 with Rogers official 10.2.0.424 (Hasn't updated yet) has had NO issues yet today.

Edit: Also no issues on my work Q10 running MTS official 10.2.0.429 that I've noticed.
    12-03-13 09:23 PM
    Ok - So I just read through the thread, and heres my problem.

Since I updated to 10.2 I have had the issue with the ambient sensor (about a month now), and the BBVE test says "its not supported on this device".

I have since updated to 1055 and the problem persists. I have done multiple reboots - still no joy.

I have completed various security wipes and restores.

I believe it must have something to do with the restore on my phone, since many people have found a fix by a reboot and BB fixing something on the back end.

Has anyone actually figured out what the issue is? because my problem seems to be more engrained then most.

Thanks
    12-03-13 09:25 PM
    Turned off location services in both my wife's Z10 and mom's Q10, restarted the phones and no more issues after about 3 hours.

If you are not going to need maps and navigation then you may try this as well until the final solutions pops out

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 10:19 PM
    Read before you post people. Specifically post 248 in this very thread! The issue is resolved. Reboot your phone and you're good to go.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-03-13 10:22 PM
    It's not true, it's pure malarkey.

This was never an issue that depended solely on your phone, as it required interaction with BlackBerry data services for anything to happen. The workarounds people found (the ones that actually worked) all involved preventing all or certain types of remote BB services from being contacted.

They don't have root access to your phone, and data you have on it is protected from everyone including disgruntled BlackBerry employees.

(A caveat: if a whole team of disgruntled employees got together, they could build, sign, and issue an OS update which grabbed your data and shipped it off somewhere. I presume this isn't the sort of scenario anyone here is much concerned about, no matter how much tinfoil they have wrapped around their head...)
    12-03-13 10:31 PM
    I'm on 1055, Verizon, stl4, BBM channels, angry birds seasons, panorama camera, got rid of whatsapp months ago and don't have minion rush and am just confirming no issues here.
    12-03-13 10:31 PM
    I have the same issue. I thought it's because of the repetitive restart, then it was clear that there's something wrong with light sensor.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 11:31 PM
    I have the same issue. I thought it's because of the repetitive restart, then it was clear that there's something wrong with light sensor.

Posted via CB10
    You still have it? Try rebooting the phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 12:14 AM

This was never an issue that depended solely on your phone, as it required interaction with BlackBerry data services for anything to happen. The workarounds people found (the ones that actually worked) all involved preventing all or certain types of remote BB services from being contacted.

They don't have root access to your phone, and data you have on it is protected from everyone including disgruntled BlackBerry employees.

(A caveat: if a whole team of disgruntled employees got together, they could build, sign, and issue an OS update which grabbed your data and shipped it off somewhere. I presume this isn't the sort of scenario anyone here is much concerned about, no matter how much tinfoil they have wrapped around their head...)
    They have the ability to send an update to all phones (not just BlackBerry's) that will make us eat our parents!

Posted via my sexy-*** Z10 running 10.2.0.1803 ON A BOAT!!!
    12-04-13 12:41 AM
    I send a log file about this issue couple months ago.. I am not the only one who did this ?couple monts ago ?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 12:53 AM

I find that ****ed up that a simple interaction with BlackBerry services could bring down sensors... they should be independent from eachother...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    Last edited by Dave Bourque; 12-04-13 at 01:35 AM.
    12-04-13 12:55 AM
359 ... 910111213 ...