EVERYTHING was working fine here with location services on and rotating in the hub, compass works fine and everything is okay UNTILL I opened skype ( which triggered location services) and tried to rotate to landscape in the hub, now my compass won't work and phone won't rotate.

Could this have something to do with android apps using location services?!
    It's not Android because I rarely run them and still had the issue. It's not as simple as just having Location enabled... something has to actually use the service, which as you saw could be Skype. Or any number of other things.

But disable location service (and REBOOT!) and it shouldn't happen again. At least that seems to be a good working theory for now. I'm still good after 4h and counting.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 06:04 PM
    I have noticed my light sensor, rotation sensor, and pouch magnet sensor have all stopped working in the last day or so.
    I'm running 10.2.0.429 on a STL-100-3 Z10 on Rogers

Also, I did try a reset, with radios off. Checked the sensors, they worked, turned the radios on, they still work.
    If they quit again il try and post back.
    Good luck!
    Attached Files
    12-03-13 06:10 PM
    Here is my file

I Zipped the file first then attached using the CB web site > Go Advanced > Manage attachments > Added the Zip file in the list
    Can't find "manage attachments" on website. Can't load via Adam's directions. CB better get its app working properly - this is ridiculous.
    12-03-13 06:13 PM
    Yes having problems with screen rotation. Even when lock is off screen will not rotate to horizontal
    12-03-13 06:15 PM
    I am running Rogers' stock 429 on an stl-3 with no issues whatsoever and have downloaded all the freebie apps so far, including seasons which I played a little bit of. I've even done the minion rush update(although have not played it). So the relationship is more complicated than people are thinking.
    I am also running Rogers stock 429 on a Z10 and a Q10 and the leaked 1055 on a Z10. None are having these issues. Anyone on Rogers having these issues? Only the Q10 has a SIM in it but all are running on Rogers WiFi. No recent downloads. Location services on on all devices.
    12-03-13 06:16 PM
    Rogers here on Stock 429.
    Experienced lock and light sensor issues...and who knows what else.

Reboot, fixed for a bit, then came back.
    Disabled location services, restarted, and has been problem free for the past 4 hours.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-03-13 06:23 PM
    Just noticed the problem today, light sensor stopped, and then the proximity sensor. Rebooted a couple of times, problem came back. I have not installed any apps for quite awhile.Never had angry birds or any games on my phone.

The notification thing has been an issue for a little while, sometimes I don't get the sound, but always the vibrate.
    Attached Files
    12-03-13 06:24 PM
    Good call with location services - I rebooted, turned off location services before doing anything else upon reboot - no issues now. I'm guessing that the BB World December Giveaway was causing more users than normal to open BBWorld, which was using Location Serviecs to determine which free app you got, which was causing issues crashing the sensors.

Interesting!
    If true, this could explain why one poster resolved things by resetting the date to November...
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-03-13 06:26 PM
    Un-installed AB Star Wars, restarted and seems to be working fine so far
    12-03-13 06:26 PM
    Having that rotation issue and screen doesn't come on fr holster starting today. Tried a shutdown and worked fine for awhile...then stopped again. Think the cause could be 25 day free app or movie download. Did both yesterday. Very annoying, things you take for granted.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 06:29 PM
    Same issues: OS Version 10.2.0.1803 attached zip
    Attached Files
    12-03-13 06:31 PM
    Having that rotation issue and screen doesn't come on fr holster starting today. Tried a shutdown and worked fine for awhile...then stopped again. Think the cause could be 25 day free app or movie download. Did both yesterday. Very annoying, things you take for granted.
    If you read back a bit you'll see many of us have prevented it from happening even after hours, apparently just by disabling Location Services and then rebooting.
    12-03-13 06:37 PM
    I have two theories about this, the first is BBM channels update, so is there someone without the channels update having the issue?

The second is Whatsapp, me and other person, the only two that doesn't have Whatsapp installed are the only ones in our BB10 known group not having the issue, so is there someone without Whatsapp having the issue?
    I've never had WhatsApp on any BB that I currently have -- no issues at all. Z10, Q10 on Rogers 10.2.0.429 (1803) and Z10 on 10.2.1.1055
    12-03-13 07:01 PM
    Sorry, not entirely true. When it hits me and I have no holster or rotation, my screen brightness control is perfectly normal. Not too bright, and I can adjust it fine with the slider in the Settings.
    Are you sure about that? it means your proximity sensor is normal, because I believe that the location to detect proximity and ambient light sensor are in one place, it is on top of your screen. Fix me if I'm wrong

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:03 PM
    Mine different, try my workaround and no issue with my z10 from I did my workaround (yesterday)

EDIT: Location service enabled, but rotation sensor enabled too, if I turn the rotation sensor off, the problem come back

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:15 PM
    I was having sensor issues but followed the guide here by:

1. Turning off data services
    2. Disabling location services
    3. Rebooting by holding down the power button through the red light (simulating a battery pull)
    4. Turned data back on, leaving location services off

This seems to have re-enabled sensors on my phone. I have yet to try any location based service since about 8 hours ago (or re-enable location services in my settings), and have not had any sensor issues since.
    12-03-13 07:23 PM
    It's not Android because I rarely run them and still had the issue. It's not as simple as just having Location enabled... something has to actually use the service, which as you saw could be Skype. Or any number of other things.

But disable location service (and REBOOT!) and it shouldn't happen again. At least that seems to be a good working theory for now. I'm still good after 4h and counting.

Posted via CB10
    I agree no android apps or BB apps or movies involved, bcoz I didn't installed any apps or movies, the issues just came to me 2 days ago. But I also cannot blame the location service, since I did my workaround without disabling location service, and my phone still haven't any issue since I did it (I did it yesterday)

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-03-13 07:23 PM
    If you read back a bit you'll see many of us have prevented it from happening even after hours, apparently just by disabling Location Services and then rebooting.
    Do you turn Location Services back on after the reboot??

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:34 PM
    Having trouble with keyboard back lighting. It will not turn on at low light. Very frustrating and annoying.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:35 PM
    Are you sure about that? it means your proximity sensor is normal, because I believe that the location to detect proximity and ambient light sensor are in one place, it is on top of your screen. Fix me if I'm wrong
    Yes, I'm sure that my brightness control (in Settings) was still working, as I tried it and it affected the screen. I'm not sure whether my light level sensor was working as I didn't experiment with it.

The proximity sensor and light sensor are co-located, but they're not the same physical sensor. They could both be affected by certain physical problems (e.g. tape covering the opening that they peek through) or software problems, but a software problem could just as easily affect only one and not the other. It would depend entirely on the specific issue involved (e.g. how low-level or high-level it is).
    12-03-13 07:40 PM
    Do you turn Location Services back on after the reboot?
    No! If you turn it back on, then as soon as anything accesses it, it appears the problem returns effectively immediately.

I tried that one time and then ran FourSquare, and within seconds my holster sensor and rotation were screwed up again.

Someone else tried effectively the same thing above but ran Skype instead, and again it immediately failed.

For now, I suggest leaving Location Services off and just waiting for a real fix. Definitely report back here with details if you do that but the problem arises again. So far I haven't seen any reports from people who did this (Location off plus reboot and leave it off) and who have seen the problem come back.
    12-03-13 07:42 PM
    The issue's been resolved.

Attachment 226757
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-03-13 08:03 PM
    Guys... blackberry gave me the solution of a soft reset. Did it and the phones been working fine for the last hour or so. Try it out.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:07 PM
    Guys... blackberry gave me the solution of a soft reset. Did it and the phones been working fine for the last hour or so. Try it out.

Posted via CB10
    Except this solution wasn't working prior. But now it works ??? Wtf is happening... lol

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-03-13 08:08 PM
    this issue happened to me yesterday after updating minion rush, uninstall minion rush and everything working normal till now, so this is my log file
    Attached Files
    12-03-13 08:12 PM
359 ... 89101112 ...