Sounds like a blackberry server problem. Shutting down data services and rebooting device allows all sensors to work again. Turning wifi or data back on shuts down the sensors.
    12-03-13 11:38 AM
    I noticed I was having the same problem so I deleted Angry Birds Season, restarted my Z10 and everything is fine now.

Dina

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 11:39 AM
    My Z30 was working fine until this morning, I have no screen rotation, light sensors are not working, etc.
    12-03-13 11:41 AM
    Try my fix, I changed date to 1 month behind, November, restarted it, then changed back to December, so far so good. I have a Q10 with keyboard not lighting up, all is good so far

Posted via CB10
    I had the sensor problem this morning too. As weird as it may sound this fix worked for me too. Thanks Tanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 11:43 AM
    We're trying to get to the bottom of the failed sensor issue, so if you're having problems, please take a few minutes and post your log file here so we can see what's going on.

To find your log file:

• Open Help application
    • Tap the icon in the lower left
    • Select Support
    • Select create report
    • Enter 12345678 under Incident # field (leave the inc 0s as they appear) Enter your email address Select Create Report
    • Click Cancel (not submit) or click back

Then using the File Manager application, Select device (not SD Card) -- Browse to /documents/log - ZIP the file and attach to your reply here
    12-03-13 11:46 AM
    I'm stuck on trying to create the log file. The instructions don't help. When I open up the Help application, and press the icon in the lower left, I don't have a "support" option. It just says, Home, History, Bookmarks. If I search for Log File, nothing relevant comes up. I'm clearly not looking in the right place.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-03-13 11:48 AM
    Show me where in what you quoted I stated it was a virus.

Please read carefully.
    He was referring to your original thread title... anyway, why would I want rotation and other sensor-enabled functions back if all I can do with my phone is make calls (a non-rotation application)?

I'd rather have no sensors and full data functionality.

It's like saying, I fixed the problem with your car's AC by taking off the wheels and setting it on bricks.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 11:49 AM
    I'm stuck on trying to create the log file. The instructions don't help. When I open up the Help application, and press the icon in the lower left, I don't have a "support" option. It just says, Home, History, Bookmarks. If I search for Log File, nothing relevant comes up. I'm clearly not looking in the right place.
    Swipe from the top.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 11:49 AM
    I have theese problems from the very beginning. What should I Do?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 11:52 AM
    Thanks! Will do!

I've attached the Zip file to this post, along with the following update:

- I deleted Angry Birds Seasons from my device, rebooted, but that didn't help.
    - Next, I deleted Angry Birds Space and rebooted, and that appears to have done the trick.

Of the two games, Angry Birds Space was the only one I'd played, which -- if it somehow was a root cause of this -- make sense that things would return to normal once I'd gotten rid of it.

I hadn't played the other game, yet. It's not likely I will, either.

I will provide another update if this issue creeps back in at a later time.
    I downloaded ab seasons. Tried to play it and it would not go past the rovio(sp) screen. I then played ab space for an hour no issue. Have not had a sensor problem. Rotation on ab seasons went one way yesterday and another today. Don't have a green light issue and my compass works. My alarm did not go off this morning. Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791

AT&T Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791

Edit!!! I had wifi off and rotation lock on which lead me to believe I was not affected. Turned wifi on and rotation lock off, go to text screen and viola my screen rotated. >_<
    Last edited by curvezzz; 12-03-13 at 12:35 PM.
    12-03-13 11:53 AM
    I had the problem last night, the sensors would shut down about a minute into the OS, reset, battery pull, power down does nothing to correct it. Instead of any 'band aid' patches what has worked for me since about 8pm last night...(1pm now)...was I backed up the device (Z10) and did a security wipe (factory restore) in BlackBerry Link, restored my contacts...calendar...files etc.. and all has been good since. Took about an hour or so to do everything (including installing all my apps and permissions, sign ins, email accounts etc).
    12-03-13 11:54 AM
    Here's my Log file. hopefully I did it correctly.
    Attached Files
    12-03-13 11:59 AM
    I am getting sensor error when I open native Compass app. Please advise !

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:01 PM
    I'm running 10.1 and I'm having a sensor issue only when my device is on silent.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:04 PM
    I have theese problems from the very beginning. What should I Do?

Posted via CB10
    Just hang in there, keep reading the forums. The problem has been reported to BlackBerry and hopefully a fix will be available soon. O yes, and if you can upload your log file if possible. Read how to in the first post.
    12-03-13 12:05 PM
    Had the problem starting thus afternoon. All sensors not working and BBVE says sensor not supported. Switched off mobile data (voice and data services) and Wifi then rebooted the phone and turned on ONLY Voice data: sensors ok. After 10 minutes turned on also data service. Until now sensors are ok. So the problem is definitely coming from the BlackBerry servers and hopefully will be solved easily by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:06 PM
    Had the problem starting thus afternoon. All sensors not working and BBVE says sensor not supported. Switched off mobile data (voice and data services) and Wifi then rebooted the phone and turned on ONLY Voice data: sensors ok. After 10 minutes turned on also data service. Until now sensors are ok. So the problem is definitely coming from the BlackBerry servers and hopefully will be solved easily by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I did the same as also mentioned by someone in the thread, but the problem is back and I could see it as soon as the screen brightness went up

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:09 PM
    A restart fixes the problem for me until I use an app that uses location services.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:11 PM
    Just bought a brand new Z10 not affiliated to any network, updated the software to 10.2 and hey presto, same problems as everybody else:

Holster not working and screen brightness affected.
    12-03-13 12:11 PM
    Can't attach to CB10
    12-03-13 12:12 PM
    This is my first reaction/solution upon seeing this post. I had the problem which started this morning and reading that most have encountered this, I thought it could be like "the millennium bug"!
    12-03-13 12:13 PM
    Rogers Z10 STL-003, 10.2.0.429 (latest official). Log file attached. Same issues, specifically start when I open the native camera app.
    Attached Files
    12-03-13 12:14 PM
    hi all,
    uninstall AB and minion rush and all back to nornal. (I hope so )

later edit
    no! is not to normal. senzor is not working after 10 min>
    12-03-13 12:17 PM
    He was referring to your original thread title... anyway, why would I want rotation and other sensor-enabled functions back if all I can do with my phone is make calls (a non-rotation application)?

I'd rather have no sensors and full data functionality.

It's like saying, I fixed the problem with your car's AC by taking off the wheels and setting it on bricks.

Posted via CB10
    That's you but I use my phone to make calls. Different people, different uses of their phones.

Oh and bad analogy since main use of a car is to drive somewhere, unless, well you use your phone strictly for online networking...which you could also do the same with a ipod touch
    12-03-13 12:18 PM
    ...Then using the File Manager application, Select device (not SD Card) -- Browse to /documents/log - ZIP the file and attach to your reply here
    here you go.
    Attached Files
    12-03-13 12:20 PM
359 ... 23456 ...