I installed Cobalts stuff to make the Play Store work on my new Passport.

Most apps work, but I am having a problem that I think is related to a mapping issue, and possibly to the installation of Cobalts stuff.

-Google maps has been patched and installed. It works, but TRAFFIC doesn't work on it, no matter what I do.
    -Traffic on Blackberry maps doesn't work either. A coincidence?
    -Tinder is half working. I can message and get messages, but matches don't show because the GPS/Mapping component doesn't work, and gives me an error message.

My old Z10 has cobalts stuff and all the above work just fine.

All the issues seem to revolve around maps.

I am out of ideas. ANYONE have any help or ideas?
    04-17-16 01:09 AM
    I've no clue what your mapping issue is. Tinder I don't use, but I believe there are problems with apps showing maps, due to some Google coding Cobalt is restricted from patching, IIRC.
    Attached Thumbnails having problems with Android and maps-img_20160417_155611.png   having problems with Android and maps-img_20160417_155723.png  
    04-17-16 04:02 PM
    About a month ago, roughly, Google sent Cobalt a message that he had to kill his api key used in patching that made the Google maps integration possible because it was or could be used on commercial apps which violated the terms of service.

Since then he's modified the GPS Patcher so that you can interject your own API key obtained through the developers console restoring Google maps integration.

So, if your apps require the Google maps or geolocation APIs you can regain the functionality by updating your Cobalt files, generating your APIs and patching the app appropriately.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-17-16 04:14 PM
    @semime - - - that right there sounds like the answer to ALL my problems.

Help me do this please!

1. Which Cobalt files do I need to update
    2. How do I interject my own API key?

Google maps has its own patcher? Don't I just use his Patcher application for any app that needs patching?
    04-17-16 09:35 PM
    @semime - - - that right there sounds like the answer to ALL my problems.

Help me do this please!

1. Which Cobalt files do I need to update
    2. How do I interject my own API key?

Google maps has its own patcher? Don't I just use his Patcher application for any app that needs patching?
    I'd follow the first post of this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965257

You're probably familiar with it.

His post regarding the Google Play Services Patcher is #5745. It contains the link for the new Patcher and details regarding generating your API.
    04-17-16 10:11 PM