Wondering is it possible to run OS7 device (Bold 9900 on BIS plan for example) and Z10 (other SIM or only with WiFi) on the same BBID.

Is it possible then BBM to be used on both devices virtually at the same time?

WIll be appreciated if anyone have "experimented" and share.

Thanks
    02-10-13 07:09 AM
    No, When you put in BBID for one, It will ask you to whether you want to make it your new device. It's either or, not both
    mtint likes this.
    02-10-13 07:22 AM
    No, When you put in BBID for one, It will ask you to whether you want to make it your new device. It's either or, not both
    Yeah, pretty much this.

The thing is that BBID is a way to make it so that your BBM identity is separate from your device pin, but the BBID still has to have a pin registered to it, and it can only have one at a time. BBID let's you switch devices while retaining the same identity and contacts, but it's not meant to let you flit back and forth. When it's done its done.

However, if you si desire you can keep the sim in your 9900 and run the z10 without a sim or on a different sim. It won't have the same BBM account, but otherwise will be fully functional.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    mtint likes this.
    02-10-13 08:03 AM
    Thanks for clearing this. BTW, in case switch to Z10 with my BBID, and after a day or two decide to go back to 9900, is that a dificult process?

Assumption is that I keep my BIS plan
    02-10-13 08:11 AM
    Wondering is it possible to run OS7 device (Bold 9900 on BIS plan for example) and Z10 (other SIM or only with WiFi) on the same BBID.

Is it possible then BBM to be used on both devices virtually at the same time?
    You can happily use the same BBID on both an os7 device and a bb10 device, but BBM will only allow you to be logged into a single device of any type at a time, but you can readily switch between the two of them.
    mtint likes this.
    02-10-13 08:12 AM
    In my case, when I switched phones, since the Z10 uses the microSIM, my normal SIM in my 9860 was shut down. So unless you keep both lines open, I think you will have a hard time switching between the 2 phones.
    02-10-13 08:48 AM
    In my case, when I switched phones, since the Z10 uses the microSIM, my normal SIM in my 9860 was shut down. So unless you keep both lines open, I think you will have a hard time switching between the 2 phones.
    That's why they invented the microSIM > SIM adaptor
    02-10-13 08:52 AM
    Fair enough, CrackBerry Wiseguy :P How in the world did you achieve that status?
    02-10-13 09:07 AM
    SIM is not an issue - have ordered SIM adaptors Nano-SIM -> Micro-SIM -> SIM. Just wondering how easy/quick is to swtich from one device to another - BBM's BBID "moving" form Z10 to 9900 and vice versa.
    02-10-13 09:35 PM