Two thing I find irritating about the hub.

1. It goes to where I previously was e.g I was on an Outlook email account emails. SO I have to swipe back to go to the Hub. I wish there was an option to go to Hub by default. Because this is ideal for some people. I understand why others would not want this hence the "option"
    2. When I swipe back from the hub, I see the active frame not the app. I understand this is to stop the app from what it is doing e.g middle of a movie. Again, there should be an option to allow this.

Finally I would love the ability to reply to an email within the app without going to the hub. Not sure if this is possible
    11-19-13 02:22 PM
    I don't get it either. I like BlackBerry Hub but I do agree it can be slow at times and I would love a similar pull down like the one in legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    I love the Hub/Messages, but preferred it when it was still optional. Having additional options would only improve BB10. I can name at least one person that would buy another BB10 smartphone today if they added a notification panel like even OS6 had.
    11-19-13 02:23 PM
    I think the point is that if you still had a BB10 device you probably would like it for what you are looking for. BB10 and the bub included, takes time and experience to master it.
    I love the Hub/Messages, but preferred it when it was still optional. Having additional options would only improve BB10. I can name at least one person that would buy another BB10 smartphone today if they added a notification panel like even OS6 had.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 03:21 PM
    I think the point is that if you still had a BB10 device you probably would like it for what you are looking for. BB10 and the bub included, takes time and experience to master it.

Posted via CB10
    But he said he didn't really like it much. It takes time and experience to master anything, but what's wrong with preferring another method or operating system for his needs?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 03:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't think I needed more time to master it. Mastering a feature won't change how the feature works. I think the OS just needs a better way to access to new messages. And from what I've learned today, it still needs some work before it will meet my personal needs. The instant previews is certainly a step in the right direction, but it still isn't there yet.

As my screen shots here show, 2 actions is all that is ever needed to handle a new email notification with Android. All without leaving the app I'm in, I can perform one action and get all the information I need about a new notification. I can then perform one extra action and delete, archive or begin to reply to the new message. That works very single time a new email notification comes in, no matter what. Even if I'm not looking at the phone the exact moment it arrives. A new junk message on my Android phone takes maybe a second half to deal with. On BlackBerry 10, that same peice of junk mail requires more steps and effort to identify and deal with. Mastering those steps won't remove them.

Even with my Bold 9930, dealing with a new email was faster. That phone had a drop down notification panel as well. Once a new message arrived, I could perform one action from the homescreen and get the information I needed about the new message.

With BlackBerry 10, even with the leaks, it doesn't appear possible to get the information you need about a new notification with one action every single time. It doesn't seem possible to delete or begin replying with a second action every single time either.

I am hopeful though. The news about surveys related to this makes me believe that they may be working on it. I miss the QWERTY of the Q10, but the way email works slowed me down too much. If they fix that, I'll gladly pick up a Q10 again for use on WiFi only.
    11-19-13 03:50 PM
    While I did originally say I disagreed with the need for a notifications screen beyond the hub view, the use case you outline is easy to see (and was basically how BBOS trained you to operate) and makes it clear why the designers of hub behavior were more or less forced to leave it as is instead of having a reset timer or something.

If you're willing to manage the hub then it almost does what you're looking for except if you want to take action beyond recognizing the sender and subject, then you get taken out of your app and it requires a third step to get back in. This is kind of a big exception and its reasonable to expect to not have to 'manage' an app on your phone! Does the 1 step saved during instances where you don't want to take actions and just reverse the gesture make up for the extra step incurred all the other times? Probably not(but if feels cool!).
    11-20-13 09:50 AM
31 12