Funny thing. I don't know if this extended shutdown date is because of Blackberry talks with WhatsApp or what, but I was entirely convinced to change my beloved Z10 because of this and buy a Xperia X Compact for christmas.

But when I did know about the news, changed my plans and now i'll stay some more months with my Z10 and then buy the Blackberry Mercury, hopefuly released before the WhatsApp shutdown.
    So is a win-win solution for both, blackberry and me

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 06:16 PM
    No, my switchover plan was already in the works. *But*...WA itself didn't factor into my decision. It's just another example of lost functionality on the BB10 platform, and me growing tired of workarounds, full wipes, memory optimization, hacks, jerry-rigging and cobaltizing my phone just to keep it clinging to life. It still does an exceptional job of everything it was designed to do. Unfortunately, the 21st century left it behind.

I just got fed up with having to "manage" my phone. As much as I like to tinker and play around with tech, I just need to it work, every day.

So WhatsApp can stay or go. Android=Borg.
    11-16-16 10:30 PM
    Its a good thing that wa has been extended, however this wont stop me from using os 10 esp with my passport

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 10:39 PM
    had already convinced my buddies to use bbm and all are here, man

Posted via CB10
    Good to know you brought in your friends to the platform
    11-17-16 12:20 AM
    I love the BB 10 device, I love the way it works. All apps are running smoothly, Hub experience is wonderful all notification can be seen perfectly at a single place. Android apps are also working fine on the BB10. It is a complete Phone. So there is no need for the another phone. One BB10 beats all others.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-17-16 01:03 AM
    Has the delay for the shutdown convinced you on keeping your BB10 device longer?
    No not all all. Whatsapp cannot influence me to keep or reject my BB10 device . BB10 OS IMHO is much bigger than the whatsapp. I have the Priv and Passport as daily drivers . Priv is for all apps gaps and Passport for the legendary BB10 Hub .
    11-17-16 03:18 AM
    I love the BB 10 device, I love the way it works. All apps are running smoothly, Hub experience is wonderful all notification can be seen perfectly at a single place. Android apps are also working fine on the BB10. It is a complete Phone. So there is no need for the another phone. One BB10 beats all others.
    Well said Nitin . Cheers !
    11-17-16 03:20 AM
    WhatsApp is a huge hit in Europe and India, and wasn't really known in the US before being bought by Facebook.

I really can't think of anyone in my entourage who is not using whatsapp, and that's why losing it would be a big shame.

...but really, there is still text messaging and BBM (for those lucky enough to have BBM friends), which is good enough for me.

Plus, whatsapp is owned by facebook, so I'm actually eager for it to disappear.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 04:19 AM
    I have absolutely no clue as to why people don't think BBM is a viable alternative to Whatsapp. I do realize that it isn't 100% the same but every app has its pluses and minuses. Yes it would be a chore getting friends to download BBM and helping them realize it just as good but hey, that's how Whatsapp started.
    I'm not leaving my Passport for one app with a simple solution.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 04:38 AM
    I wasn't planning on ditching my passport, unless things got really bad; but hey even Blend and Link started working again for me, so two good news in a few days, a rarity on this BB10 world!
    11-17-16 08:53 AM
    Yes, pretty much.
    You just cant ignore WhatsApp.
    Today i tried Android WP for video call test though this,
    Went well, With lag though.
    But even with WA Fixer installed the Android version failed to send any picture.
    Finally i came back to native App.
    If WhatsApp keeps working on my Z30 i see no reason to change this phone and if WP dies on 1st July without any workaround replacing this OS phone is sure.
    11-17-16 09:24 AM
    We really need WhatsApp here in india

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    imo is catching up fast. Just hope FB doesnt buy imo too!
    11-17-16 09:32 AM
    It's convinced me that Whatscrapp are full of baloney.
    11-17-16 11:51 AM
    It made me more patient for the Mercury

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 12:11 PM
    Nope!! I already decided to keep walking with my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 01:10 PM
    What specifically is missing from bb10 that Whatsapp deems it outdated enough to not support it?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 01:20 PM
    No, I've already moved on.
    11-17-16 01:35 PM
    I'm tired of the pop msg these last 2 days, everytime I open whatsapp it shows up!
    11-17-16 04:40 PM
    I'm tired of the pop msg these last 2 days, everytime I open whatsapp it shows up!
    Update your app!

Posted via my q10
    11-17-16 05:23 PM
    Nope, none what so ever. The app has no impact, for me, on deciding on what device or platform to use.
    11-17-16 05:31 PM
    Has the delay for the shutdown convinced you on keeping your BB10 device longer?
    No, I was already convinced to to keep my BlackBerry 10 device longer because is the best OS on the market.
    And it didn't convince me to use Whatsapp neither. BBM is better than Whatsapp and I will never choose an app over an OS. Especially an app designed for chat when there are so many apps that does the same thing.

I trully hope Whatsapp will cease to exist... and that's how the end of the world will begin... the Armagedon... no Whatsapp means pointless smartphones, pointless smartphones means pointless individuals, pointless individuals means pointless Univers... the pointless Univers will be sad, really sad... and the Univers is going to kill himself.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 05:33 PM
    No.
    Because I was going to stay with bb10 regardless of whatsapp

Posted with my BlackBerry Passport smartphone
    11-17-16 06:33 PM
    My young adult daughter is breathing a sigh of relief. She loves her Q10, can't stand vkb, and doesn't like the size of my Priv. Now that it looks like there is a better possibility of the Mercury being released, she can hold on to her Q10 until then.
    11-17-16 10:17 PM
    Update your app!

Posted via my q10
    Thank you! I didn't realize there was an update! I thought I wouldn't see it anymore.... also found BBM has an update as well

I Hope they update to enable video call.
    Btw, maybe this update is like when they extended the payment period for years and they finally removed it...
    11-18-16 06:40 AM
    This has convinced me to keep using my Passport as my daily driver. A month ago my LG G4 went into the dreaded bootloop and I was looking for a replacement. I use Whatsapp a lot and my company uses it as the main messaging app so it would obviously create me problems at work. So now I have my Passport till at least the end of June 2017 and who knows what will happen then! By the was, does anyone know why Whatsapp did this u turn?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 08:44 AM
114 1234 ...