So having taken in bb10 for quite a while now, having an iOS tablet and played with android... I'm left pondering bb10's future especially enlighten of ridiculous rumors of an android bb device.

So I've accepted bbos is dead and given up hoping it's good points will come to bb10.
    Accept my q will probably last small form factor from bb, to the point I may buy another for future proofing if my phone dies.

Now, looking to the future.. I've seen very little innovation and advancement in bb10 flow concept since it's launch which was and continues to be poorly accepted by the masses. I keep having colleagues and friends leave for android and iPhone6.. Unless they are issued work phones and all of them have been bbos devices. I know of no one who bought a bb10 in the last year..

A good bb friend just left for a s4 and loves it over her z10.. Saying how old bb10 felt.

Bb10 seems stuck.. With nothing done to the user interface since launch.. Just the android app add on and small incremental things added of no relevance in selling more devices.. Just keeping user base from leaving.

Not talking devices. Os only. I haven't seen a single rumor of an upgrade advancement to the user interface that would make it compete with android. iOS is also stuck but it's sooooooo well regarded and accepted almost to no reason to change yet. Nice they are looking to add split screening..

So what's bb doing to make it hip, current and updated to try and make it more accepted. Maybe I missed something..

Seems very bad business to keep steady on path of self destruction of not making it a more engaging user interface, skin...

Is it not Worth the risk now more then it was from bbos to bb10..

Flow didn't work out so well, time for a new UI concept to the bb10 backend.
    06-15-15 12:49 PM
    I am not too sure what you would like to change/ add here and what you mean specifically.... The beauty of using most of your phone with a few gestures and no buttons has been implemented well enough in my opinion....
    What would you like to see improved or made "more hip"?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 12:53 PM
    Didn't 10.3 change a load of it?
    New Action Bar Styles, Signature actions, introduction of Application Specific Colour Schemes ect
    06-15-15 12:54 PM
    I'm on 10.3 and didn't notice a thing..felt exactly the same as when I first got the phone as far ui.

That's my point, now onto 10.3 and it looks and feels exactly the same... Which the masses don't want to use.

Full lock down.. I can't choose my clock, or home screen to have a nice elegant weather app floating to say 1/3rd the screen, I don't mind it, but if the masses want customization, modern large windows for certain widgets etc. isn't it time to open up the toolbox and start given large widget windows.

Action backgrounds etc. the design is dull.. I'm barely ok with it but obviously it's not for the majority, with so many websites now functioning as apps .. opening apps interface to be more then static icons and being able to selecting an app or 2 like pinterest to be half a screen refreshing every few minutes etc, or instagram ..

Break the mood, make It engaging so everytime you unlock your phone or awaken it, the main home screen is interactive.. With 3 main tiles selected by the user. Etc. something different then this tired dull ecosystem. Even I accept it's dull and I use my phone for mainly calls and email.. And my ipad for internet.
    06-15-15 01:03 PM
    I was just using 10.2 for a little bit with a new purchased device. I really do prefer 10.3 and updated it soon after! I'd like to see something maybe different in the way active frames are presented. I see the flow of the OS is quite similar to the way it always has been, but it works.
    extisis likes this.
    06-15-15 01:07 PM
    If they changed it drastically they will end up loosing older users, too much change in one go is always bad on something you use often
    06-15-15 01:09 PM
    New Action Bar Styles, Signature actions, introduction of Application Specific Colour Schemes ect
    You believe any of those would make a person looking to choose between a bb device or android as a reason to go bb.. Wow, that's awesome and a reason to buy a bb??.
    06-15-15 01:13 PM
    If they changed it drastically they will end up loosing older users, too much change in one go is always bad on something you use often
    Lol. Yeah, cause all those. Old users came to bb10.

The point isn't the current base, but new users from windows and android to come back or try it and wow.. That works awesome and pretty cool, Bb will die handset and bb10 wise if they focus on bbos and bb10 users.. They need new users. Bbos people probably have 24months at most. My gf had to uninstall waze off her 9700 cause it kept locking up her device, now we have to go again and figure out another GPS app for it. She refuses to get a black classic, n oissed the white never came here,
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    06-15-15 01:17 PM
    You believe any of those would make a person looking to choose between a bb device or android as a reason to go.. Wow, that's awesome and a reason to buy a bb??.
    There is no reason BlackBerry could provide that would make them switch. The only thing that makes people switch is when their current device or platform stops satisfying their needs.

At this point BB10 would have to spit out bars of gold in order to be compelling to those that haven't already decided to try it.

Posted via CB10
    lylesilverman likes this.
    06-15-15 01:21 PM
    I'm talking about point of purchase and sale staff ability to in 15sec convey why bb is cool.. And current flow doesn't do that.. Or a design that would make teens and people In their 20s look modern..

Passport was a wee start of that.. But the os design let it down as well as size.

The os needs a major reface in how it presents apps, active data streaming and home screen look.

I just unlike my device, what a horrible home screen. Weeee clock at the top, basic date and a wee toolbar the bottom and 4 square active active app placement.. Not engaging or interesting at all in 2015

Has BB10 flow design reached its peak?-bb10-homescreen-210-100.jpg

Not my home screen, pulled it off the internet somewhere.
    06-15-15 01:21 PM
    Old? No. Its an OS that's only a few years old. Whether or not its being developed any further or enhanced is another argument all together and has been debated alot here, especially since the recent rumors of Android.
    06-15-15 01:25 PM
    Old? No. Its an OS that's only a few years old. Whether or not its being developed any further or enhanced is another argument all together and has been debated alot here, especially since the recent rumors of Android.
    Old.. Physical age means nothing. 5yrs, 2ys, 1month. The fact is it feels way more dated then it is becaus it was probably done years before that and zero effort had been made to keep it current.

For me, blackberry issues are not device related, but os related.. Yet Chen and co refuse to discuss it or address it.. And android isn't a wise way out of it. Innovate, make a better user interface cause by most accounts, the bb10 backend is robust enough for years to come.
    06-15-15 01:30 PM
    I'm talking about point of purchase and sale staff ability to in 15sec convey why bb is cool.. And current flow doesn't do that.. Or a design that would make teens and people In their 20s look modern..

Passport was a wee start of that.. But the os design let it down as well as size.

The os needs a major reface in how it presents apps, active data streaming and home screen look.

I just unlike my device, what a horrible home screen. Weeee clock at the top, basic date and a wee toolbar the bottom and 4 square active active app placement.. Not engaging or interesting at all in 2015

<snip>

Not my home screen, pulled it off the internet somewhere.
    Sounds like you want a BlackBerry Android. One is supposed to be coming.

BTW, the iPhone with its generic icon layout seems to be doing just fine.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-15-15 01:33 PM
    Sounds like you want a BlackBerry Android. One is supposed to be coming.

BTW, the iPhone with its generic icon layout seems to be doing just fine.
    Nope, I hate android.. But that doesn't mean I wouldnt appreciate a refreshed flow design, especially if it meant attracting more people to bb10.

I find android, glitchy, way to much push ads and google integration horrible. I would not buy a bb android and just go iOS.
    06-15-15 01:42 PM
    So it seems people are of the opinion flow doesn't need a refresh and bb doesn't need to do anything bb10 os wise to attract users and to just stay the course and fingers crossed it will work out.

Wow. Kind of speechless that so many feel android is the answer or stay the course. I read so much of how irratating it is that bbos users won't upgrade.. Now bb10 users don't feel the ui needs a rethink worrying it would be too drastic..

No wonder bb has been belly up for so long.l
    mithrazor likes this.
    06-15-15 01:47 PM
    So it seems people are of the opinion flow doesn't need a refresh and bb doesn't need to do anything bb10 os wise to attract users and to just stay the course and fingers crossed it will work out.

Wow. Kind of speechless that so many feel android is the answer or stay the course. I read so much of how irratating it is that bbos users won't upgrade.. Now bb10 users don't feel the ui needs a rethink worrying it would be too drastic..

No wonder bb has been belly up for so long.l
    So what should BBRY do? Outside of widgets, you haven't advance any viable options that would be considered a "wow" factor Also, what is the "wow" factor with the iOS/iPhone?
    06-15-15 01:51 PM
    So what should BBRY do? Outside of widgets, you haven't advance any viable options that would be considered a "wow" factor Also, what is the "wow" factor with the iOS/iPhone?
    That's the point.. It's not a users job to define innovation or I'd go out there and do it. I do expect a multibillion dollar company that basically inveted pagers, social communication ie bbm with innovate pin so u don't need to give out your phone number, mastered the pkb beyond anyone else, mastered early email management and compression, scroll wheel, developed a way to international speak via pin when data roaming costs were huge to be able to come up with an innovated home screen utilizing current focus on apps and widgets to provide a dynamic and engaging interface to social content. Sorry, hub barely cuts that in filtering it all I to 1 flat txt media.

So people want to blame Mike and Jim for bb10 and yet, the truly greats did way more then Th or Jc.. Well the scroll keyboard was a start but on a way to wide device.. But the os, it's major pit fall is still a dull non engaging flow crap with no signal of innovation coming down the pipe. At least apple teases what iOS9 will be and how it looks to future to improve it's user interface..
    06-15-15 01:57 PM
    And by the way, you should bear in mind that what one person consider a "wow" factor just might be annoying to another person. I believe the BBRY HUB to be the best thing since slice bread but some people are still unimpressed. The times I have used messed with a Samsung, it was the most awkward of thing to use - home buttons and whatever else! I think the BBRY flow makes for a terrific user experience and the OS itself is fairly efficient. Yes, there are certain gimmicks that one could copy or even innovate, but are those really going to sell more phones? IMO, there is only so much that can be done with a phone OS. It is apps and the productivity they allow (OK for some it is games and fun) that are the primary drivers.
    06-15-15 01:57 PM
    That's the point.. It's not a users job to define innovation or I'd go out there and do it. I do expect a multibillion dollar company that basically inveted pagers, social communication ie bbm with innovate pin so u don't need to give out your phone number, mastered the pkb beyond anyone else, mastered early email management and compression, developed a way to international speak via pin when data roaming costs were huge to be able to come up with an innovated home screen utilizing current focus on apps and widgets to provide a dynamic and engaging interface to social content. Sorry, hub barely cuts that in filtering it all I to 1 flat txt media.
    My point is that nobody else has done what you are talking about and those companies still attract the majority of users. We don't even know if BBRY have the capital to invest in that kind of R&D given the company's survival transcend the hardware segment.

I believe BBRY will survive as it is more than just phones. However, it will be a much smaller and different company that we are accustomed to and I don't know if that is necessarily a bad thing.

Also, it is not unusual for companies to generate ideas from consumer/enterprise focus groups. To say "It's not a users job to define innovation" is somewhat old school thinking.
    06-15-15 02:06 PM
    My point is that nobody else has done what you are talking about and those companies still attract the majority of users. We don't even know if BBRY have the capital to invest in that kind of R&D given the company's survival transcend the hardware segment.

I believe BBRY will survive as it is more than just phones. However, it will be a much smaller and different company that we are accustomed to and I don't know if that is necessarily a bad thing.

Also, it is not unusual for companies to generate ideas from consumer/enterprise focus groups. To say "It's not a users job to define innovation" is somewhat old school thinking.
    If they did, then the call and end buttons on a classic would actually work fluidity vs how they are incorporated today..

As for the comment about investment money... If you don't innovate your done, they have research and rd to do anything needed, the only lacking is vision - which neither TH nor JC have. They are corporate shills jaunt trying to preserve their job vs real founders and people like Jim and Mike that were willing to push and do things outside the box without having to have every thing go through committee.

Unfortunately, I don't see this Chen era working out and worst off.. The community will be left one even less option of an already small number of options available to consumers in the smart phone arena. I had thought bb10 users would be open minded to a refresh, guess not... So not only are bbos still waiting for something better, which from here isn't coming, the bb10 community is on lockdown too.. And after bb does android and it flops with a wee few adopting it, they will go on lock down as that it seems bb community is about.. Lockdown don't change, just like when the classic was announced and most current bb10 were all why why why.. We love what we have, don't look back crap.

Perhaps the best thing is for Chen to run the company into the ground and JB take it back for pennies.
    06-15-15 02:15 PM
    You can't improve upon perfection. Android is terrible and needs updates to keep it relevant. BB10 is elegant and timeless. Again you don't fix what isn't broken.

Why Blackberry? Because I can!
    theotherjoeboy likes this.
    06-15-15 02:23 PM
    So having taken in bb10 for quite a while now, having an iOS tablet and played with android... I'm left pondering bb10's future especially enlighten of ridiculous rumors of an android bb device.

So I've accepted bbos is dead and given up hoping it's good points will come to bb10.
    Accept my q will probably last small form factor from bb, to the point I may buy another for future proofing if my phone dies.

Now, looking to the future.. I've seen very little innovation and advancement in bb10 flow concept since it's launch which was and continues to be poorly accepted by the masses. I keep having colleagues and friends leave for android and iPhone6.. Unless they are issued work phones and all of them have been bbos devices. I know of no one who bought a bb10 in the last year..

A good bb friend just left for a s4 and loves it over her z10.. Saying how old bb10 felt.

Bb10 seems stuck.. With nothing done to the user interface since launch.. Just the android app add on and small incremental things added of no relevance in selling more devices.. Just keeping user base from leaving.

Not talking devices. Os only. I haven't seen a single rumor of an upgrade advancement to the user interface that would make it compete with android. iOS is also stuck but it's sooooooo well regarded and accepted almost to no reason to change yet. Nice they are looking to add split screening..

So what's bb doing to make it hip, current and updated to try and make it more accepted. Maybe I missed something..

Seems very bad business to keep steady on path of self destruction of not making it a more engaging user interface, skin...

Is it not Worth the risk now more then it was from bbos to bb10..

Flow didn't work out so well, time for a new UI concept to the bb10 backend.
    Nah. iOS still has a button since when? Now that OS interface is old.
    theotherjoeboy and rcab like this.
    06-15-15 02:25 PM
    This is a strange post.
    06-15-15 02:32 PM
    You can't improve upon perfection. Android is terrible and needs updates to keep it relevant. BB10 is elegant and timeless. Again you don't fix what isn't broken.

Why Blackberry? Because I can!
    And yet the continue to lose market share and realistically will be under 1% soon... Yup, nothing to fix, nothing needs to be done to make it better.. Isn't that the mind set that people internally complained about the bbos vs bb10 era before launch, at least I can see the argument bb10 wasn't great and not good enough so let's make it better then the argument of holding course with os7...like so many are now with bb10.

Sorry, what you say doesn't hold an ounce of validity. Ask all the share holders, ask all the employees that lost their jobs as a result of bb10 not being good enough to attract more buyers of it, all all the pos people how impossible it is for them to make a commission of a bb device, ask all the carriers who much effort for so little return bb10 is for them..
    06-15-15 02:35 PM
    Nah. iOS still has a button since when? Now that OS interface is old.
    Really, at least that button now functions as a finger print scanner, pay device and makes everything within the ecosystem easy to do,, and the fact is, it's still one of the most bought and they make small worthwhile enhancement that pay huge dividends. There's zero reason to mess with it. Unlike bb flow which isn't paying the bills, is costing people to keep losing their jobs and tanking a company.
    06-15-15 02:38 PM
92 123 ...