I'd give less of a hoot about native BB10 apps if I could EASILY side-load Android or iOS apps onto my Z10. Then there should be no reservations about buying a Z10.
    02-26-13 12:10 AM
    Taking Thor, Bell, rodgers, Telus, O2, EE and others at their word, it seems as though either the apps don't mean as much to previous ios and android users as well. Or they believe the current crop and future potential of BB10 is good enough. As we are being told high numbers of previous platform users are switching to BB10.
    Perhaps BB10 UI and added features are the best apps of all?
    02-26-13 12:14 AM
    Has the app gap caused reservations?

**** yes. I've been a strong fan of my BB's since I jumped ship to the 9700 and then the 9900, but seeing the quality of stuff available on iOS compaired to the lack of availability and/or plain poor attempts on BBOS has definitely taken the Q10 out of the picture for me. Unless there's a marked improvement in the next couple of months (which I'm absolutely positive there won't be, despite the predictably positive predictions from the enthusiasts on this site), then I'll either be keeping my 9900 and getting a sexy tablet (ipad?) too, else moving to another platform which can offer a phone which can play with the big boys without compromise. The HTC one, for example, looks stunning. I just can't shift my need for a physical keyboard, so I don't really know if my next handset even exists just yet.

If the apps on BB10 had a bit of quality to them or had similar availability to the other platforms, I'd be wetting my pants waiting for the Q10. It's safe to say that I'm still dry
    02-26-13 04:41 AM
    Thank godness for android ports!
    02-26-13 11:50 AM
    To tell you the truth, I went so many years on my torch without a huge app selection, that now that I have the Z10, I have to remind myself to check out BlackBerry World. It's just icing on the cake for me. I can totally understand why people on other platforms would need to have certain apps to migrate over to BlackBerry. It would feel like downgrading no matter how good the Z or Q is. I trust they will come in short time. If not, Blackberry will be in deep trouble.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 04:54 PM
    Apps, like phones, are personal preference and highly subjective.
    There is a significant app gap no doubt. Does it impact me, not really because the only app missing that I use is Whats App and I've sideloaded the semi-functioning Android version. So no I have no reservations about my Z10. I have a friend that uses Skype to communicate with business contacts and developers from South America to Spain to various countries in the Pacific Rim. For him Skype is a non-negotiable, he requires it for his livelihood and so if it's not there he is not getting the phone and will look elsewhere.
    02-26-13 05:28 PM
    I thought that all the big apps are already promised on the launch day eh? So they got to be on the kitchen, cooked.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 06:09 PM
    I've shown my Z10 to a few of my iBuddies and they've been very impressed with the native apps which come as part of the OS.

I get the most positive comments about the keyboard, camera, photo editor and browser.

People are surprised and impressed such full featured apps are free and come as part of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 07:30 AM
    I've shown my Z10 to a few of my iBuddies and they've been very impressed with the native apps which come as part of the OS.

I get the most positive comments about the keyboard, camera, photo editor and browser.

People are surprised and impressed such full featured apps are free and come as part of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Yes story maker and the pic editor is nice but I'm talking about snapchat, words with friends, the dreaded skype and natflix, just the ones that people download for media consumption.

Sent from my game boy color
    03-08-13 07:46 AM
    I'd give less of a hoot about native BB10 apps if I could EASILY side-load Android or iOS apps onto my Z10. Then there should be no reservations about buying a Z10.
    If you want Google Android applications, buy a Google Android smartphone or tablet. Adios.
    RECOOL likes this.
    03-08-13 09:21 AM
    If you want Google Android applications, buy a Google Android smartphone or tablet. Adios.
    You could have the best of both worlds. Google apps with the bb10 UI. You don't have to be so negative

03-08-13 07:36 PM
    There's an app gap? I honestly didn't notice.
    03-08-13 07:46 PM
    Not anymoreee, i just need my whatsapp and thats it! Im good to go!!!
    03-09-13 01:21 PM
    Apps the only thing people got left to cling too.Communication will forever last on phones and be the biggest app..
    03-09-13 02:10 PM
    No.

Apps are extras which we all need not depend too much on. When deciding on smartphones, I would look more into their default offerings. Since they are the most stable of applications and best integrated within the OS system itself.

Third-party apps are EXTRAS.
    03-09-13 06:30 PM
    No.

Apps are extras which we all need not depend too much on. When deciding on smartphones, I would look more into their default offerings. Since they are the most stable of applications and best integrated within the OS system itself.

Third-party apps are EXTRAS.
    I respect that you don't think that apps are important for you, but you are in a tiny minority. You can't tell other people what they can or can not depend on. The overwhelming majority of smartphone users want to be able to use all the popular apps that everyone else is using. The old fashioned idea that you don't need all the new, cool apps is why Blackberry is just a niche now in the US.
    simbasimba likes this.
    03-09-13 06:43 PM
    Old people dont need apps, but college kids do
    03-10-13 03:29 AM
    Old people dont need apps, but college kids do
    My mother. Has an iphone and uses a lot of apps......

toujours_frais likes this.
    03-10-13 09:08 AM
    Having an integrated link between SMS texts - email - BBM, is the reason why I am still using a BB device today.

And a delighted owner of a Z10.
    03-10-13 06:04 PM
    The lack of apps will eventually close up. Only a matter of time. Think of it as a chicken and egg situation. Get the phone first and the popularity of the phone will make developers take note and be worth the time for them. I'm not an apps junkie.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 06:14 PM
    I gave myself a challenge to use the Z10 as my main mobile device for a week to see how it would do (my other device is a Galaxy S III. Overall, the only thing I miss is Google+. Accessing the G+ page in the browser is possible but really seems to lag on the Z10 for some reason.

Otherwise I am loving the Z10. I don't need Skype or Netflix on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 06:22 PM
    I gave myself a challenge to use the Z10 as my main mobile device for a week to see how it would do (my other device is a Galaxy S III. Overall, the only thing I miss is Google+. Accessing the G+ page in the browser is possible but really seems to lag on the Z10 for some reason.

Otherwise I am loving the Z10. I don't need Skype or Netflix on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah if you rely on google apps like g+ and others android may be the way to go for now.

03-10-13 11:17 PM
    I went 3 years on my Bold 9700 with a student social networking plan that I really have no need for apps and have to remind myself to check the app store on my Z10 just because I can now.
    03-11-13 12:33 AM
    The only app I need is kindle.
    03-11-13 01:57 AM
124 ... 345