I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that (and how cool it is to hear from a veteran here who doesn't say 'There Are No Problems!!!'). I'm going to have a Z10 soon, but I personally couldn't deal with some of the stuff that the early adopters are dealing with. And let's be clear - not everyone is having problems. Some people are having no problems at all.

I'm just waiting for the tide to turn and I'll know when it has by monitoring these threads.
    yes apparently the random problems are going to be addressed so all are on the same page. I think they wanted a clean launch for the united states.
    02-24-13 11:10 PM
    After reading an article on the interwebs, it was wondering if it's true serious BB users don't care about apps. Is it true?
    I'll admit, for most things a mobile site will often suffice but certain apps are more convenient. Like banking apps.
    Opinions please.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 12:03 AM
    After reading an article on the interwebs, it was wondering if it's true serious BB users don't care about apps. Is it true?
    I'll admit, for most things a mobile site will often suffice but certain apps are more convenient. Like banking apps.
    Opinions please.

Posted via CB10
    I think when folks love any particular platform, they will be willing to make concessions.
    02-25-13 12:04 AM
    Opinions please.
    Apps are just packaged functionality. A serious smartphone user cares about functionality. People seem to have the idea that apps are mosstly frivolous. Some are, of course, but there are also many, many apps that people use for serious purposes. There are specialized apps used by doctors, pharmacists, engineers, chemists, lawyers, musicians, investors, and so on. There are, or should be, utility apps that allow a user to enhance the user experience in specific ways. None of these are frivolous. As I've mentioned before in this thread, I use my smartphone to listen to audiobooks. Does that make me a less serious user than someone who doesn't? I use an app, Pageonce, to manage my bank and store accounts and bills. I depend upon its notifications to get bills paid on time. Is that serious or not?

Apps are the way a fairly generic device is tailored to fit a specific user's needs and interests. I think that's about as serious as it gets.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    02-25-13 07:43 AM
    You have no use for Skype? Really I find that disingenuous. And how do you communicate with the non BlackBerry friends? Unless you live in a time warped village the BlackBerry users are a minority - in my family we have went from five BlackBerry to one and there is little interest in the Z10 from them with its lack of mainstream apps.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm....40+ BBM contacts and only a half dozen or so 'others' that I regularly need to contract. And for that, email/SMS/whatsapp/facebook/etc/etc is more than enough. Never had the need or desire to use Skype, and now that my BBM list is now GROWING again, I doubt I ever will. BBM Video blows Skype out of the water anyway!

Sure I want Skype/Instagram on BB10 to make it more attractive to those that 'think' they can't live without them...but I know for a fact that a lot of people claiming they 'need' these apps, like they need water to live, are just spewing crap.
    02-25-13 08:27 AM
    Oh my apparently the Z10 isn't really anything more then a expensive phone. And it's not a new platform. BlackBerry announced the BlackBerry 10 two years ago couldn't deliver a complete product - still haven't. You think most people live like you and have no use for mainstream apps? No doubt that's why BBRY stock is so high! I am not trolling, I bought into the hype literally of the Z10 by buying shares once the launch day was confirmed. I had the sense to sell once I got the phone and saw it is a great BlackBerry Just not a revolutionary smart phone. Call me whatever you like but the market is telling you the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    It's version 1.0 of a brand new completely built from the ground up OS and all the naysayers are comparing it to android and iOS versions that are on version 6 or more! Give BB10 a year or so of tinkering and updates and then we'll see what OS is "revolutionary".
    02-25-13 08:36 AM
    It's version 1.0 of a brand new completely built from the ground up OS and all the naysayers are comparing it to android and iOS versions that are on version 6 or more! Give BB10 a year or so of tinkering and updates and then we'll see what OS is "revolutionary".
    You mean like what we experienced with playbook? Oh please god no.

Posted via CB10
    jdhooghe likes this.
    02-25-13 08:41 AM
    The "1.0" reasoning will not resonate with consumers. It will be compared to Android and iOS now. That's how it should be. You cannot sell a future revolution.
    jdhooghe likes this.
    02-25-13 08:43 AM
    The "1.0" reasoning will not resonate with consumers. It will be compared to Android and iOS now. That's how it should be. You cannot sell a future revolution.
    Yes, but not ALL consumers are buying right now, in Q1 of 2013. It didn't have to be perfect out of the box, but good enough to satisfy a majority of current BB users to upgrade and get back some ex BB users who reluctantly drifted to iOS/android. There are MILLIONS of these out there that tried to stay with BB as long as they could buy were finally swayed by the dark side. I personally know 3 that left BB in the past year for GS3 and IP5 but have already come back to BB because having BBM far outweighed the use of the other new apps they now had access to. Accomplish this and they buy more time to make BB10 better and narrow the app gap to make it more attractive to new smartphone buyers. A BlackBerry turnaround is not expected to happen overnight, they are not expecting or even trying to knockout Apple/Android with a haymaker in the first round. This will be a slow but steady process to get back enough marketshare for profitability and survival. Z10 is just the first of many devices to be launched over the next year.

How complete and bug-free were the first versions of iOS and Android, or even WP? BB10 is just the beginning, and a pretty good base to grow on IMO.
    02-25-13 09:04 AM
    You mean like what we experienced with playbook? Oh please god no.

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand, when did BlackBerry release a Playbook...wasn't that a company called RIM, led by some jackass named Balsillie? Different times, different company, different leader.
    Coachbulldog and skrewball like this.
    02-25-13 09:15 AM
    I don't understand, when did BlackBerry release a Playbook...wasn't that a company called RIM, led by some jackass named Balsillie? Different times, different company, different leader.
    Yeah playbook almost kill blackberry..$500m writedown..lucky torch and curves phones still selling and providing bis revenue. It's no more bis revenue for z10 so if it is not selling, we're closed for business. No more mistakes.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 09:30 AM
    Exactly!
    02-25-13 09:33 AM
    @kill9 - read the post again. Said I liked the phone but realized it was not a game changer so sold my BBRY stock. Did quite well to be honest. Will be keeping phone at least until my hardware credit rolls in this summer (I bought the Z10 off contract) .

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 12:38 PM
    @conkybubs - BlackBerry doesn't have the option of the phone being os 1.0. TH recognized that and hence the delay in release to offer a complete phone. You can not assume people will spend 600$ plus taxes for a phone that is not something great. The company knows they need a home run - anything less and another cdn tech company is gone. In case you don't get it I am a BlackBerry fan - but at some point you have to take off the rose colored glasses.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 12:45 PM
    Regardless, these delays may just work out in favor for BlackBerry. It has generated somewhat of a hype in the US and around the world. Human nature, you want what you can't have... or in this case - is not available to you yet.
    02-25-13 12:52 PM
    Agree 100 percent. I too have had BB for years and still do. I am not a big app guy but when some apps are offered they are available for appl and android. BB name never comes up. I will have my 9930 Bold until the summer and then for the first time in 15years I will be looking at Android products. The main reason is becasuer the good ones I would actually use are there and not in AppWorld
    02-25-13 02:13 PM
    For me the main apps that I would like to see show up would be kindle (already sideloaded at least), spotify (seems like it is on the way) and then some of the google apps which sadly they seem to have no interest in providing.
    02-25-13 03:12 PM
    Yes the apps are a big factor for me. But not the only one:

• Nokia Drive and Google Nav are both better and native for their respective OS's
    • Android runtime still isn't cutting it for me
    • Limited ecosystem of its own - WP8 has PC OS, Outlook, Skydrive under one roof. Google has their own huge collection of services
    • There's always new and exciting products and services being launched by the bigger fish. My 2 year old Playbook has been languishing for an eternity and still is
    • New stuff from other developers always hits iOS and Android first, and often only them
    • other various reasons which are more minor

What BB10 needs is THIS. If you could write your own native BB10 apps with a powerful yet easy to use WYSIWYG tool like this, you'd be golden!
    02-25-13 03:22 PM
    Personally, I'm waiting till this Christmas or January 2014, because at least then they will iron out some of the OS problems and, as you say, we will hopefully of seen the launches of these promised apps. I'm not getting one earlier, however much I want the beautiful thing, but I'm not buying a phone when I'm promised things we may never get. Not saying that we wont.
    02-25-13 04:22 PM
    Okay, you sold your BlackBerry Z10 yet somehow are posting via CB10? What am I missing?

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    I can't speak for srbuhr, but I'm no longer a BlackBerry user but I still read the threads and post here for two reasons (1) Even though I'm no longer addicted to a BlackBerry phone I haven't been able to shake my addiction to CrackBerry.com and (2) I'm still hoping BB10 will be what makes me want to comeback. I'm going to pass on the Z10, but am going to give the Q10 a chance when it is finally released in the US.
    02-25-13 09:23 PM
    I can't speak for srbuhr, but I'm no longer a BlackBerry user but I still read the threads and post here for two reasons (1) Even though I'm no longer addicted to a BlackBerry phone I haven't been able to shake my addiction to CrackBerry.com and (2) I'm still hoping BB10 will be what makes me want to comeback. I'm going to pass on the Z10, but am going to give the Q10 a chance when it is finally released in the US.
    I think that the question was about the CB10 app usage (via the signature).
    02-25-13 09:53 PM
    Wow, this is getting old. The apps are coming. If someone really can't live without Skype, why do we have to read about it so much? Plus, people can get in touch with each other in other ways. How about using a computer for Skype? I've heard that works.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 02-26-13 at 11:23 AM.
    02-25-13 11:11 PM
    So what device do you use now? Just curious.
    02-25-13 11:16 PM
    Fair question. Not a chance; Answer!
    02-25-13 11:54 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry users are opposed to the apps, some say they dont need them thats fine. I've never heard someone say if the apps are there they wont buy the phone! I think the majority of BB users are impressed with the work BB has done getting them a new platform and believe the apps will come. Their willing to give the OS some time to fill out!
    Others seem to think that nothing has changed and the app gap will remain the same! I say their delusional!
    02-26-13 12:05 AM
124 ... 2345