So as I type this on my 9900 I am still happy with it and have no plans on moving from it for a decent amount of time. I feel that I was more excited about bb10 before the launch with hopes of some of the major app names.

Now let me clarify that I am not one that uses instagram, netflix or skype but I do know a lot of people who do. I know skype will be coming and be a port over etc. But usually when my upgrade is up I go right for BlackBerry products. I don't know if its the promise of apps and lack of delivery but I have never looked seriously at android or wp8 as a next device until the actual release of the z10.

I don't want this to come off the wrong way and people think this is a "I'm leaving and BlackBerry stinks" thread rather a discussion on if you have a z10 and are happy or if your like me in the us and have to wait another month to get one and are on the fence about it.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that still is a bit hesitant on buying another BlackBerry after being a supporter for so many years.

Sent from my game boy color
    02-24-13 08:33 AM
    Being in Canada and already in possession of a BlackBerry 10 I can't really relate. But I suspect the delay in launching the devices in the US has caused you to have these thoughts.
    Remain steadfast trooper, and ignore the missing app debates. Most of it is conjecture anyway.

Posted via CB 10 and my wicked BlackBerry Z10
    grevan88 and Stewartj1 like this.
    02-24-13 08:47 AM
    The lack of apps is real and it is a problem. Skype and what's app were to be available. Watch TH press releases on launch - these two apps are specifically mentioned buy they ARE NOT available. Soon is what we are told but really can you believe that? BBRY's record meeting delivery dates is terrible. Keep your old BlackBerry at least you know what you have.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 09:25 AM
    Yeah I wish they had a cooperative global launch. That way we don't feel left out.

Sent from my game boy color
    02-24-13 09:25 AM
    My 9900 is one fine device but a BB10 is in my future once the phones are available in the US. All the apps and functions necessary for daily use are already available. The 'missing' apps are of no concern to me or most BB users in my circle.
    Mecca EL, doug8256 and MaxR_A like this.
    02-24-13 09:34 AM
    You have no use for Skype? Really I find that disingenuous. And how do you communicate with the non BlackBerry friends? Unless you live in a time warped village the BlackBerry users are a minority - in my family we have went from five BlackBerry to one and there is little interest in the Z10 from them with its lack of mainstream apps.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 09:49 AM
    As BB10 is new platform from scratch it baffles me on the app issue...What do users expect???? As there are some of the "must have apps" missing which like the OP I do not use..... but considering the phone is all of three weeks old...I am somewhat surprised at the exectations... I think BB has done a great job considering BB old image... Is it surprising there is hesitation for app devlopers to embrace a new platform with BB prior track record..... It is not the "Big" apps avialbility that will determine the vialiblilty of BB10... it will be the productivity apps... banking.. travel.. maps, media comsumption etc... these are the true things that many users look for.... This is why I do not plan to upgrade to BB10 until fall at the earliest.... will allow me to see how the platform shakes down and in the end I will not have "buyes remorse".....
    02-24-13 09:49 AM
    [QUOTE=srbuhr;8029208]You have no use for Skype? Really I find that disingenuous. And how do you communicate with the non BlackBerry friends? Unless you live in a time warped village the BlackBerry users are a minority - in my family we have went from five BlackBerry to one and there is little interest in the Z10 from them with its lack of mainstream apps.

It's a phone. Call or text

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 09:55 AM
    Why disingenuous? I have no need for Skype. At work we use Live Meeting or Adobe Connect or that fancy Cisco Telepresence room. At home, I can use aol.com/av if I "need" to have a face to face chat to a non BB user. Otherwise, SMS, email, or calling them works fine! I actually picked up a PlayBook for my mom, and she loves it. So I use BBM Video/PlayBook to her PlayBook.
    elmit22, MaxR_A and HollyWOOD1906 like this.
    02-24-13 10:17 AM
    You have no use for Skype? Really I find that disingenuous. And how do you communicate with the non BlackBerry friends? Unless you live in a time warped village the BlackBerry users are a minority - in my family we have went from five BlackBerry to one and there is little interest in the Z10 from them with its lack of mainstream apps.

Posted via CB10
    I find these comments interesting...to say the least. Looks like some people have this notion that everyone lives like them.
    02-24-13 10:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have no use for Skype either. BBM or SMS is all I need from a 'texting' perspective
    02-24-13 10:50 AM
    He was trolling about skype in another thread too, lol

I also have no use for it.
    tjseaman likes this.
    02-24-13 10:53 AM
    The current app situation does not affect my decision to purchase BB10 phones for my family. Just get the damm phones to the US market. I don't use any of the apps that others want, but I recognize that Blackberry will need them at launch.
    02-24-13 11:03 AM
    I've never used Skype on any platform but I do use Viber - it's the only way to keep up with non BB owning friends in other countries.
    Have you noticed that most of the cross-platform messaging apps are copies of BBM?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 11:12 AM
    They said those apps are coming to BB10, they never mentioned availability right away, don't be trolling nor misinforming, please do a better research before confirming stuff you're not sure of.
    02-24-13 11:20 AM
    At first when I saw the difficulties some were having in setting up email (does it push??? does it sync??? gmail????, etc) and some of the things not carried over from legacy OS I started thinking about the other three platforms. I did some research. I talked to people. I tried some units in the store. I'm fairly certain that when my contract is up in June or July I will go with BB 10. Here's why:

iOS: it just looks so stale to me now, and the new paradigm is no longer a home button.
    Android: it is so open that there seems to be little UI consistency from manufacturer to manufacturer (this is my impression and I may stand to be corrected)
    WP8: all those tiles on the home screen just don't do it for me. They don't seem all that ''live'' to me anyway.
    BB10: I like the gesture based UI and the active frames; I like how the system seems to flow. I lilke how the system is somewhat closed like iStuff, allowing for a fairly consistent UI experience, but still open enough to allow access to android apps (which I know in some cases does not follow the complete BB10 UI, but I digress) and I like that given the access to android apps, we have lots of choice.

So for now I'm going with BB10; that being said, Apple may surprise us with a brand new UI by this summer, so who knows?
    02-24-13 11:20 AM
    I bought my 9650 knowing the apps were lacking compared to other phones, so no the lack of apps still doesn't bother me that much. It's the loss of most of the traditional blackberry features that has me looking at androids.
    02-24-13 11:25 AM
    Yes, the lack of apps gives me some reservations about BB10. It's not Skype or WhatsApp; it's other apps, like Audible, Pageonce and other things I use every day.
    02-24-13 11:26 AM
    Please tell me I'm not the only one that still is a bit hesitant on buying another BlackBerry after being a supporter for so many years.
    I'm in the same boat too. I've played with the z10 and it's a beautiful device but it lacks native apps and i don't think it's worth the �499 price tag for a device that only half-arsedly supports a two year old android version. It's like people say in the playbook forums: "If I wanted android, I'd buy android."
    bodjor likes this.
    02-24-13 11:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    You bring back nostalgic memory to my first phone, Nokia 8210
    bwpool and sexybabe88 like this.
    02-24-13 11:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wow, that's a really great suggestion. Thus I buy an $800 phone to do what a $50 dumbphone can do as well?

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
    02-24-13 11:36 AM
    The lack of apps is real and it is a problem. Skype and what's app were to be available. Watch TH press releases on launch - these two apps are specifically mentioned buy they ARE NOT available. Soon is what we are told but really can you believe that? BBRY's record meeting delivery dates is terrible. Keep your old BlackBerry at least you know what you have.

Posted via CB10
    Hold on there, cowboy. Those are not apps that BB promised to deliver, they are apps that Whatsapp and Microsoft have promised to deliver. It's unfair in the extreme to blame Blackberry for their unavailability, or complain about the release time because Blackberry can't keep their delivery dates, since Blackberry has no control at all over how fast those apps are completed or delivered.

Send the blame where it belongs.
    02-24-13 12:12 PM
    100% the only reason I'm not getting a BB10 is Instagram. I'm so sick of sticking up for BlackBerry, when they can't deliver.
    bwpool likes this.
    02-24-13 12:18 PM
    100% the only reason I'm not getting a BB10 is Instagram. I'm so sick of sticking up for BlackBerry, when they can't deliver.
    I'm so sick of people ********, It's Instagram that has not delivered yet, get your facts straight.
    02-24-13 12:25 PM
    I'm so sick of people ********, It's Instagram that has not delivered yet, get your facts straight.
    I'm so sick of not being able to "like" or "thank" a post 50 times.

People are blaming Blackberry for carrier release dates, for OTHER COMPANIES not delivering the apps they promised. One guy in another post was ragging on Blackberry because Blackberry didn't tell him that his CARRIER was changing his data plan. WTF??

Some people really need to fix their brains.
    skrewball, cman5, MaxR_A and 1 others like this.
    02-24-13 12:40 PM
124 123 ...