There's still a good core group of BB10 devs that keep this scene going. Typically they charge around 99 cents to 1.99 for the app. But it's worth it because they never include advertisements. What's 99 cents anyway? I don't know anything else I can buy anywhere in the world for 99 cents.

So support these devs and buy their apps! If BlackBerry themselves won't update BB10, at least we have some awesome independent developers to keep this awesome OS going.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 01:16 AM
    Show me an updated native Map. You know, new roads built showing up just 3 months after it is finished, just like Google map.

Then I will believe that BB10 Development is not dead.
    Sorry but this is just an example of how little people know about how mobile applications, or applications in general work. The map data for BlackBerry Maps dose not come from BlackBerry. It comes from a mapping company. When the mapping company updates the back end database the new data is updated. I haven't updated the gode in my BB10 applications that render Google Maps, but you still get up-to-date data , mainly because Google is large enough to gather that data.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    10-20-15 04:40 AM
    The map data for BlackBerry Maps dose not come from BlackBerry. It comes from a mapping company. When the mapping company updates the back end database the new data is updated.
    Moreover, the source "company" is OSM and any user can update the map on http://www.openstreetmap.org. It takes times to be updated, as many users have to report for a "correction" to be available... Then TomTom has to update his map accordingly... but it's working.
    10-20-15 04:52 AM
    Care to make a thread about it? Or can we sign up for updates?
    Working my way up to it! I need to make a good video etc. The hard part is recording the audio .

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    extisis likes this.
    10-20-15 09:41 AM
    where do you live? I can record audio depending on what you need :-)
    KermEd likes this.
    10-20-15 12:09 PM
    For me, development for BB10 was fun, mostly local but I'd say useful apps (like realtime public transport situation). But as it was for fun, I don't like when someone lies to me and keeps talking about commitment to BB10 when you can clearly see there's nothing happening for a last few months, especially for developers. Second reason is, I prefer pure Qt (5) over Cascades (built on top of Qt 4). Especially as it's easy then to develop multiplatform apps. But BlackBerry stopped Qt 5 development at 5.3 (but it's still possible to find binary overlay) and BB10 support is going be removed in next version. And it was already removed from latest Qt Creator... So even tools I use are being deprecated . That means no fun at all.
    BB10 support is long gone(since 5.3 I believe)
    10-20-15 01:45 PM
    What's the latest SDK that BlackBerry put out for developers???
    10-20-15 02:01 PM
    BB10 support is long gone(since 5.3 I believe)
    5.3 is the latest build offered by BlackBerry. I was able to build 5.4. I have not tried 5.5 yet.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 03:23 PM
    What's the latest SDK that BlackBerry put out for developers???
    Annoyingly they haven't yet provided debug symbols for the BB10 official 10.3.2.2474 release either, which can cause problems when testing.
    10-20-15 03:31 PM
    where do you live? I can record audio depending on what you need :-)
    I sincerely appreciate the offer, it's more of a time thing . I love halloween a bit too much.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    10-20-15 09:24 PM
    5.3 is the latest build offered by BlackBerry. I was able to build 5.4. I have not tried 5.5 yet.

Posted via CB10
    I thought the last build offered by BlackBerry was that binary overlay for Qt 5.2.1, you can probably compile 5.5 for BB10 it's still unsupported though
    10-21-15 08:41 AM
    Sorry but this is just an example of how little people know about how mobile applications, or applications in general work. The map data for BlackBerry Maps dose not come from BlackBerry. It comes from a mapping company. When the mapping company updates the back end database the new data is updated. I haven't updated the gode in my BB10 applications that render Google Maps, but you still get up-to-date data , mainly because Google is large enough to gather that data.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    I am well aware that Tom Tom is the map data that BB uses. But the bottom line is all the same, it is NOT being updated. I have new roads just completed a mile away from me. Roads completed just 2 months ago. It is in already in Google Maps. Nowhere to be seen in BB Map.

And I also have an account with TOM TOM since I have a stand alone GPS for my car. Last year I paid good money to get updates for a year. They had an update every quarter. This BB Map doesn't get updated that often.
    10-22-15 03:56 PM
    Annoyingly they haven't yet provided debug symbols for the BB10 official 10.3.2.2474 release either, which can cause problems when testing.
    Just turn them off, that's what I did; not had a problem since.

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    baarn likes this.
    10-22-15 05:33 PM
    I am well aware that Tom Tom is the map data that BB uses. But the bottom line is all the same, it is NOT being updated. I have new roads just completed a mile away from me. Roads completed just 2 months ago. It is in already in Google Maps. Nowhere to be seen in BB Map.

And I also have an account with TOM TOM since I have a stand alone GPS for my car. Last year I paid good money to get updates for a year. They had an update every quarter. This BB Map doesn't get updated that often.
    TomTom's a crap company, many people online are agreeing with me. So don't expect them to act soon. But Google isn't fast either. They still haven't updated things in my city, esp in the southwesternmost borough, a lot of things are 5 years old or older by now even though a lot has changed there with new streets, houses, roads, etc. But also many minor mistakes which I reported 2 years ago and they never corrected it. So much for them caring about cities...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Vistaus; 10-23-15 at 03:48 PM.
    10-23-15 12:59 AM

OK quit expressing how much you hate BlackBerry and love Google and give up your phone already!

And for your info, there's a series of new roads in Chino Hills, CA that Google seems to be unaware of or doesn't care for it but it's been over a year and no update. At least my BB Maps showed that there ARE new roads just no name for them.

Ready to send your Z30 to me? Or do you want to continue whining about it

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by extisis; 10-23-15 at 08:05 AM. Reason: typo
    10-23-15 07:56 AM
    Just turn them off, that's what I did; not had a problem since.
    That's what I did too, but it smells like another subtle hint from BB to discourage native development.
    10-23-15 12:23 PM
    That's what I did too, but it smells like another subtle hint from BB to discourage native development.
    Yeah it is a bit fishy, I was the one who raised it in the Native Forums initially; they said they where behind on them.

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    10-23-15 12:34 PM
    Well, regarding app development for BB10, Network Tools was updated today.
    11-25-15 03:07 AM
    No update for MockIt and the Leap. I'm informed by friends that there are many issues

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    11-25-15 04:47 AM
    Yeah, well still no release of debug symbols from BlackBerry and the 10.3.2 had been out for nearly a couple of months now. This should be done automatically for each release - have they deliberately held them back? Nice way to cripple developers - just disable debugging.
    Even the search box on the developer documentation website has been returning "page not found" for over six months now. Does a security conscious company never check its server logs?
    I am soooo close to posting another rant.
    11-25-15 05:32 AM
45 12