When I first got my Passport a year ago there was EXcitement & new apps almost daily. Now this has dwindled to a trickle. Isn't that a shame? All that experience & knowledge is going to seed just like Palm...

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 10:51 PM
    I got updates for 3 of my BlackBerry apps just today. Have a few in the last week or two. SOME developers are still hanging in there.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 11:30 PM
    No. Development continues!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 12:49 AM
    BB10 app development wasn't at it's best a year ago either, of course things developed worse. However some loyal devs still keep maintaining their apps. For example I just got two updates yesterday or so.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-19-15 01:03 AM
    For me, development for BB10 was fun, mostly local but I'd say useful apps (like realtime public transport situation). But as it was for fun, I don't like when someone lies to me and keeps talking about commitment to BB10 when you can clearly see there's nothing happening for a last few months, especially for developers. Second reason is, I prefer pure Qt (5) over Cascades (built on top of Qt 4). Especially as it's easy then to develop multiplatform apps. But BlackBerry stopped Qt 5 development at 5.3 (but it's still possible to find binary overlay) and BB10 support is going be removed in next version. And it was already removed from latest Qt Creator... So even tools I use are being deprecated . That means no fun at all.
    10-19-15 04:44 AM
    Nope. BlackBerry 10 app development has closed up shop, boarded it up, and letting the stray dogs **** and pee on its doors. BlackBerry 10 is dead. Fact.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 05:22 AM
    Some native developers are still working on their apps.
    redcubicle likes this.
    10-19-15 07:14 AM
    Had a few updates this weekend nd someone recently released a nice yelp app. So not dead.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 07:21 AM
    Obvious answer, no, BB10 app development has not "ceased". However, it is slow. Also, I see no reason for (and have no expectations of) any major players producing or updating anything for BB10 while BB themselves winds down the platform. Anyone who sat out the platform before has less reason than ever to get in now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jhimmel; 10-19-15 at 09:04 AM.
    10-19-15 07:29 AM
    It's a pity though. C++ development is rock solid. I much prefer it than java.
    10-19-15 07:35 AM
    As I mentioned in other threads, as BB moves to Android OS, development and updates for the BB 10 OS will quickly die. If BB doesn't give current OS 10 owners the option of updating to Android OS (and don't tell me it can't be done, it can if BB has the will and consideration for its' customers) BB as we know it will also soon be dead. There are too many good Android devices on the market already for the Priv to overcome. IMO, they need the current customer base staying onboard to be in the least competative...
    anon(679606) likes this.
    10-19-15 10:00 AM
    It's the Osborne effect. Users don't want to buy hardware that might become irrelevant. Developers don't want to build for it either.

That said I have a new BlackBerry game coming - about a month into development - that I'm quite excited about. I'd say about 30 percent of the indie developers I know on BlackBerry have stepped away this quarter.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    dalight13, cbosdell and eldricho like this.
    10-19-15 10:16 AM
    It's a pity though. C++ development is rock solid. I much prefer it than java.
    Cascades are C++ and QML. It's possible to write pure C++ Cascades apps but QML is an amazing technology for mobile UI design.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 02:35 PM
    As a Passport owner at 1yr in, it's hard to be excited about the impending descent into uselessness... I loved my HP Pre3 & Touchpad & have not had the heart to sell them off... love dies hard...
    10-19-15 04:55 PM

That said I have a new BlackBerry game coming - about a month into development - that I'm quite excited about. I'd say about 30 percent of the indie developers I know on BlackBerry have stepped away this quarter.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    Care to make a thread about it? Or can we sign up for updates?
    10-19-15 05:13 PM
    Show me an updated native Map. You know, new roads built showing up just 3 months after it is finished, just like Google map.

Then I will believe that BB10 Development is not dead.
    10-19-15 05:37 PM
    Show me an updated native Map. You know, new roads built showing up just 3 months after it is finished, just like Google map.

Then I will believe that BB10 Development is not dead.
    It's already proven that app development is not ceased. Map app updates might be ceased, but that is not all apps.
    This thread is about app development, not BB10 development.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jhimmel; 10-19-15 at 06:14 PM.
    extisis likes this.
    10-19-15 05:41 PM
    As a Passport owner at 1yr in, it's hard to be excited about the impending descent into uselessness... I loved my HP Pre3 & Touchpad & have not had the heart to sell them off... love dies hard...
    Make the TouchPad into an Android device. Mine is used only for Netflix now.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 05:56 PM
    Has scrubs ended?

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-19-15 08:21 PM
    Has APP development for BB10 ceased?-img_20151019_192356.png
    Has APP development for BB10 ceased?-its-alive.jpeg
    Djlatino likes this.
    10-19-15 09:29 PM
    I have had cyanogen on it for quite a while... webOS was better overall

Make the TouchPad into an Android device. Mine is used only for Netflix now.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 09:30 PM
    It's already proven that app development is not ceased. Map app updates might be ceased, but that is not all apps.
    This thread is about app development, not BB10 development.

Posted via CB10
    Poppycock! The map is an app. My expectation is that of any smartphone user. I expect it to be updated! And that's not happening, thereby making my Z30 (and my entire BB experience) close to useless.

Once I get my new phone I'm crushing this Z30 with a sledgehammer.
    Velocitymj likes this.
    10-19-15 09:54 PM
    Poppycock! The map is an app. My expectation is that of any smartphone user. I expect it to be updated! And that's not happening, thereby making my Z30 (and my entire BB experience) close to useless.

Very good. Yes, BB Maps is an app. ONE app. However, this thread is not about your expectations for the map app (which I happen to use on a daily basis). BB10 is a dying platform, but again - not the specific question being asked here.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 10:30 PM
    Whoa!! before you do any of that let me pay to ship it to me. Unsledgehammered preferably.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 10:44 PM
    Hi all what app like here maps U will suggest as native bb10?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 11:58 PM
45 12