I own a Classic and experience alike. However, many stupid but popular softwares in China exceed 30mbs easily as a lot of features are added. This is why I'm transferring to Android, though I like BlackBerry a lot.
    LOL, I live in PRC too.
    Alipay lags, Wechat isn't even usable, QQ has a lite version which is fine. I suppose it's basically the bad coding in the apps, there are SOOOOO many features that come upon installation that I don't want.
    05-16-16 02:10 AM
    WeChat is usable for me.

Alipay not possible. QQ works ok, including Qzone.

I use Baidu's app store to manage, it's fine too.

You have to disable permissions to make it run nicely. Although, you'd need to restart the app every now and then.

I think the cache management isn't well implemented between ART and BB10.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    05-16-16 02:34 AM
    Passport and huge complaints here. The Android apps are incapable of extracting anything from your device. What a joke! What will happen when WhatsApp for BB10 stops working and everyone moves to the apk? We won't be able to send any photos or videos?

Posted via CB10
    I haven't experienced your problems. I use a Comic Book Reader that reads my files for. cbr extensions and it's perfectly able to find them and execute them. On top of that, I tried out the WhatsApp .apk and it works flawless. You can do everything the native App does minus full HUB integration. We Just don't know whether we'll have access to the server. But if we do, your photo's and video's Will be sendable!
    05-16-16 03:22 AM
    Strangely, I found another Android app that works very smoothly on BB10. It's a Chinese online radio app, 蜻蜓FM.

Makes me wonder, is it really the ART or is it some quirky programming of the Android app?

Maybe we should have a thread about good working Android apps on BB10.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    05-16-16 05:02 PM
    I found another Android app that works very smoothly on BB10
    I have 11 android apps on my Passport and ALL work smoothly.
    Zeratul57 and keliew like this.
    05-16-16 05:10 PM
    It's almost misleading advertising on the part of BlackBerry to claim that BB10 can run Android apps, since most of them perform so poorly that using them isn't practical.

I don't remember it always being this way.
    I don't remember the last time that I saw any advertising from BlackBerry about anything to do with BB10. So, I don't really see how they are trying to mislead anyone. Any advertising from BlackBerry that you see nowadays is going to be about the Priv which has the latest Android OS available so...

The fact that BB10 ever had the ART added to begin with was only ever a bonus and should only be viewed as such. If you don't have any problems with the way it runs: great! And, if you do, well, the horse was a gift anyway.
    05-16-16 05:28 PM
    I don't remember the last time that I saw any advertising from BlackBerry about anything to do with BB10. So, I don't really see how they are trying to mislead anyone. Any advertising from BlackBerry that you see nowadays is going to be about the Priv which has the latest Android OS available so...

The fact that BB10 ever had the ART added to begin with was only ever a bonus and should only be viewed as such. If you don't have any problems with the way it runs: great! And, if you do, well, the horse was a gift anyway.
    Aww, I want them to keep improving on the gift they gave us so that it remains usable.
    anon(6046683) likes this.
    05-17-16 06:16 AM
32 12