In browsing through the OS10 forums, I've seen numerous references to a "hard reset", simultaneously pressing vol-up and vol-down buttons, in order to clear issues. I haven't found any explanation of exactly what this does though.

Is it just like re-booting a PC?

Does it affect apps, settings, contacts and other data in any way, or is it simply a way to flush the RAM and clear any lurking nasties, before doing a "clean" restart of the OS?

How does a hard reset differ from a power-down or battery pull?

I don't really have any major issues - I'm just curious and like to know how things work.
    01-20-15 02:20 AM
    It's like battery removing, means it will cut the the system power as if you removed your battery,
    And like RAM cleaner.

Posted via CB10
    BMCruiser likes this.
    01-20-15 03:09 AM
    A hard reset is not a security wipe. You won't loose any data. It's a way to not save the RAM on power off and reboot with a clean state for all apps and the system. All these applications will not end graciously and therefore, you will have a fresh start

Funny thing here, a soft reset is done by software, a hard reset is done by hardware. But the result is the same. The soft reset on the Q10 is the same thing as a battery pull, which is a hardware one. Nowadays, with the new phones without removable battery, you can mixed the two Well, I do.
    01-20-15 05:40 AM
    Many thanks for the detailed reply Josh.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 01:02 PM