Hi all,
    So I am about to attempt a hard reset on my Passport, which I believe entails holding the power button and volume up/down keys at the same time?

What do I select after?? I need to do this as my device is having an issue where it won't open up the quick settings options like settings, wifi, bluetooth and network connections tab.

I'm going to save photos and contacts onto an SD card but is there anything else I need to do? Will everything be restored as before such as before like ringtone and settings?

Hopefully the device doesn't get stuck in boot loader mode!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-21 11:13 AM
    Hi all,
    So I am about to attempt a hard reset on my Passport, which I believe entails holding the power button and volume up/down keys at the same time?

What do I select after?? I need to do this as my device is having an issue where it won't open up the quick settings options like settings, wifi, bluetooth and network connections tab.

I'm going to save photos and contacts onto an SD card but is there anything else I need to do? Will everything be restored as before such as before like ringtone and settings?

Hopefully the device doesn't get stuck in boot loader mode!

Posted via CB10
    If you hold both volume up and down buttons for a while that would force a restart.
    If you hold the power button for 12 or more seconds that's a hard restart.
    Try those before doing a factory reset as these methods will leave your data intact.
    06-23-21 11:17 AM
    If you hold both volume up and down buttons for a while that would force a restart.
    If you hold the power button for 12 or more seconds that's a hard restart.
    Try those before doing a factory reset as these methods will leave your data intact.

Thanks for the quick reply! Is there a difference between the two methods? Holding down the power button for 12 seconds is a hard reset and the other option is a forced restart?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-21 11:20 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply! Is there a difference between the two methods? Holding down the power button for 12 seconds is a hard reset and the other option is a forced restart?

Posted via CB10
    Not much. The one is to force a restart when your phone becomes unresponsive and the other is just a deeper restart.
    06-23-21 11:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Equally simply turning the phone off and then back on again is as hard a reset as you can do without doing a security wipe.
    06-23-21 11:39 AM
    Easiest (imo) to just hold down power key until you get the red led then let go. No need to contort your fingers with volume keys.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-21 12:04 PM
    Equally simply turning the phone off and then back on again is as hard a reset as you can do without doing a security wipe.

Conite,

Thanks for all your assistance these years! In your experience have you ever seen a situation where the settings tab, wifi, bluetooth, notifications and mobile connection tabs don't open on the drop down menu.

I can't even open them with the dedicated icon. It's strange!

I hope I don't have to do a wipe

Posted via CB10
    06-23-21 12:19 PM
    Conite,

Thanks for all your assistance these years! In your experience have you ever seen a situation where the settings tab, wifi, bluetooth, notifications and mobile connection tabs don't open on the drop down menu.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like a total reinstall is in your future (if the reset does not work).

p.s to answer your question - yes we have seen those problems and a reinstall is almost always required.
    Last edited by brookie229; 06-23-21 at 12:31 PM.
    06-23-21 12:21 PM
    Conite,

Posted via CB10
    I've never seen it before, but there really isn't anything else you can do other than wiping the phone.
    06-23-21 12:32 PM
    Thanks to all who've assisted!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-21 12:35 PM
    Thanks to all who've assisted!

Posted via CB10
    Might as well hit two birds with one stone and set it up without a BBID, since you're going to have to do that anyway before the end of the year.
    06-23-21 12:47 PM