Is there a 3rd party app I can get which would hang up the call when I press the power button?
    02-27-14 01:00 AM
    Haven't heard of one. And by power button you mean the button on top?
    02-27-14 07:35 AM
    Haven't heard of one. And by power button you mean the button on top?
    Yep, this way we have physical hang up button. This is an option with most Android phones I used. It can be used to lock the phone or to hang up while in call. There has been a few instances of "accidents" when I thought it was hung up but it wasn't.. Especially when using it with gloves etc. Just to avoid this issue I ordered the OEM leather pouch.
    02-27-14 09:48 AM
    That's a really good idea for an option. I would use it, on the days where walking in DC and it was too cold to take my phone if my pocket.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    02-28-14 04:59 AM
    That's a really good idea for an option. I would use it, on the days where walking in DC and it was too cold to take my phone if my pocket.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I just received the leather OEM pocket pouch, and to my surprise it does NOT hang up the phone when holstered either, what the h*ll Blackberry!?
    03-04-14 04:47 PM
    I just received the leather OEM pocket pouch, and to my surprise it does NOT hang up the phone when holstered either, what the h*ll Blackberry!?
    Does the screen turn on when you pull it out of the pouch? If not, then it doesn't have a magnet inside which is why it won't hang up.

If it does have a magnet, then you need to enable ending a call when holstered. Open the phone app and go to settings then tap holster. Enable them as you please.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-04-14 04:54 PM
    Does the screen turn on when you pull it out of the pouch? If not, then it doesn't have a magnet inside which is why it won't hang up.

If it does have a magnet, then you need to enable ending a call when holstered. Open the phone app and go to settings then tap holster. Enable them as you please.

Ahhhhh. Why do I keep forgetting about the phone app's own specific set of properties/settings! I am still stuck in the days of OS7 I guess, one place to control everything. I looked for holster, etc settings in main Settings. The funny thing is when you search for Holster in universal search, nothing shows up. The phone app's settings are excluded I guess.
    I just went back to phone settings, and sure it is right there.

Thank you very much!
    03-04-14 05:03 PM
    No problemo.
    03-04-14 07:03 PM
    BlackBerry 10 devices have all but made buttons a thing of the past. However, some still want a physical keyboard (with good reason). Not knocking your question, I just really dig BB10 OS! This platform is so versatile. It accommodates almost every phone user.

Z10 (STL 100-3) Superphone with vitamin 10.2.1.1925
    03-04-14 09:26 PM
    Is there a 3rd party app I can get which would hang up the call when I press the power button?
    I so agree with you. I would also have it answer as well. I work out side quite a lot and wear gloves. It gets irritating having to take my gloves off to answer and then again to hang up

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.1925
    03-04-14 09:32 PM
    I think you can press anyone of the volume rockers it silences the phone

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 10:12 PM
    BlackBerry 10 devices have all but made buttons a thing of the past. However, some still want a physical keyboard (with good reason). Not knocking your question, I just really dig BB10 OS! This platform is so versatile. It accommodates almost every phone user.

Z10 (STL 100-3) Superphone with vitamin 10.2.1.1925
    I am talking about the existing power/standby button on top of the device. I am not really suggesting they add more buttons, I think you are confusing the "power button" with the hang up/power off button combination on OS7 devices.
    03-04-14 11:22 PM
    I so agree with you. I would also have it answer as well. I work out side quite a lot and wear gloves. It gets irritating having to take my gloves off to answer and then again to hang up

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.1925
    I guess we can try using our noses! Or carry a hot dog in our pocket, isn't that what Koreans did in the cold?
    http://translate.google.com/translat...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Anyway, I got the leather pouch and it will help me hang up the phone, but I still hope we can use the button to hang up soon.
    03-04-14 11:23 PM
    BT earpiece for me! Say "Answer " to connect (or "Ignore ") and tap button to hang up. Couldn't live without it.
    I'd toggle that top button hang up to ON if I had the option, though.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 11:50 PM
    BT earpiece for me! Say "Answer " to connect (or "Ignore ") and tap button to hang up. Couldn't live without it.
    I'd toggle that top button hang up to ON if I had the option, though.

Posted via CB10
    FANCY!
    But not so fancy when I need to put on my super thick and snug wool hat in 20*F weather, that BT earpieace would have to be one tiny secret service size piece to work for me. Moving palm to ear optional.
    Which brand is that you got there?
    03-05-14 12:20 AM
    Try enabling the setting bro.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 03:10 AM
    Try enabling the setting bro.

Posted via CB10
    Try reading some of the posts, bro.
    03-05-14 07:24 AM
    BT brand I've used for the last several years is BlueAnt - currently the Q3. They make great stuff, and their customer service is great if you ever have any issues.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 07:39 AM
    Try reading some of the posts, bro.
    OK thanks bro

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 10:44 AM