There's nothing of real information to anyone in this thread. It's just a post of elation over "recovered" files.

Some of you may have seen a couple of [non-inflammatory] posts of mine in a leak thread or two about having lost some pix and vids that were very near and dear to my heart on a 64GB SD card after loading one of the leaks. Well, like the title of this thread says, HALLELUJAH, I actually found them. It turns out that while doing some micro SD card file jockeying, I inadvertently mixed a third card in somehow.

While loading the latest leak on my wife's Z10, something prompted me to take the back off her phone and look for her SD card. It wasn't there. I asked her what she did with it, and she replied that she hadn't touched it. That meant only one of two things; somebody got to her phone and stole the card, or I did something with the card. So I checked to see if it was inserted in the car's SD slot, and it wasn't. I then checked my desk where I knew I had some micro SD card adapters. Lo' and behold, there was a third micro SD card in one of the adapters!! I popped it in my old 9850 (which turned out still already had a card in it) to see if it would read it. It would not. I then popped it in her Z10, and voila'! All my old pix/vids/docs were right there, safe and sound!!

So, in a nutshell, this thread is to 1) say how ecstatic I am that our honeymoon videos and pictures are not lost, and 2) say I'm sorry to anyone I may have lead astray by saying a leak wiped me out! NO LEAK has harmed my data! (BTW, I have been able to backup and restore just fine with Link, including the newest version, with every leak I've installed.) So after I finish copying all my data to the other card, I'm going to install 1743 on my Z10 as well.
    09-21-13 05:20 PM
    Nice to read a Happy Ending to your leak experience

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 05:45 PM
    Hallelujah ~! There are some things money just can't buy... precious memories =)

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 05:52 PM
    Very happy to hear that :-) back those up!
    09-21-13 06:11 PM
    Hallelujah ~! There are some things money just can't buy... precious memories =)

Posted via CB10
    You know, you are so right. I've never been a really sentimental guy, but when I thought I had lost that stuff, I was heart broken.
    09-21-13 06:41 PM
    Guess your off the couch now eh?

Posted from my consciousness to yours using a Q10 SQN100-3 10.2.0.1443
    09-21-13 06:43 PM
    Great news! What a relief!

SQN100-1 10.2.0.1743 and STL100-3 10.2.0.1725
    09-21-13 08:23 PM
    You know, you are so right. I've never been a really sentimental guy, but when I thought I had lost that stuff, I was heart broken.
    Ever since the worst flooding that we've had in the history of Toronto, I have learned to back up valuable information on portable drives because I've already lost most of my stuff on the week of July 7. My family bought insurance for flooding but nothing could ever buy back some of the things that were damaged.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 08:40 PM
    Ever since the worst flooding that we've had in the history of Toronto, I have learned to back up valuable information on portable drives because I've already lost most of my stuff on the week of July 7. My family bought insurance for flooding but nothing could ever buy back some of the things that were damaged.

Posted via CB10
    Hell yeah, I have two mirrored 2TBs just in case.
    09-21-13 09:27 PM