08-05-14 11:26 PM
30 12
tools
    I've heard bad things about the iPhone battery life. With the Z10's we can carry extra batts, and do. Not an option for iPhone. we're going from Z10's to another platform this week and it's that which has led me away from iPhone and started looking at android.

Any android model suggestions are also welcomed if that's not too rude in a BlackBerry forum.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.3247
    Mophie.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3247
    07-24-14 03:39 AM
    Is this true for iPhones, I thought any iPhone can get an update directly from Apple.
    To be fair to Apple, I honestly don't know that answer... but here's the deal > If IBM/Apple mating makes for the corporate tie in like what I've had at a couple of different corporations with company issued phones - then they will push updates from the corp, not from the phone mfgr. themselves. Again, Apple may change that reality - but corp IT depts are notoriously paranoid about letting anything they haven't tested into their gated net.

Regarding iPhone 5 vs. Z10 battery life. A month ago, I spent a couple of weeks at sister-in-laws. They both have iPhone5's (b-i-l is a tech *****, and follows whatever herd... ) Anyway, their phones' battery life was the same or less than my Z10 was (and I was on the official 10.2.1.32xx at the time). With equivalent usage. THEY complained about the poor battery life of their phones.

I have a niece (other side of the family) who also has an iPhone 5 - ditto. So, even with the admittedly small subset of iPhones, the 5 has battery issues.

Back to my friend in the foreign service. His other complaint, (and I got NO answer for it) is he doesn't like the predictive text/type feature of the BB10... he likes the way his old iPhone worked.

RE BBM - honestly, since I came back to BB, I don't have any (ANY) BBM contacts... weird that I don't use it at all, but I don't. I probably ought to go hit up the couple of friends of mine who do have it, and experiment on it to get a feel for it. Sad, eh?

EDIT: So, EYE DEE TEN TEE is a "bad word"? Interesting... that's how he describes himself, so it wasn't name-calling...
    Last edited by Paisley Pirate; 07-24-14 at 11:21 AM. Reason: observation about censoring on CB.
    HotFix likes this.
    07-24-14 11:19 AM
    Mophie.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3247
    S4 gets the nod x 3. Hope it works out.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.3247
    07-24-14 04:48 PM
    I still carry around an Android device basically for all the reasons mentioned here and in dozens of threads. Battery life, limited app functionality, very poor bluetooth features, etc have me still using mostly an Android phone for "getting stuff done" I love the hub for emails though. The hub for me is the only thing keeping me on BB at all. I'm excited to try the Passport and all, hopefully this next line of BB devices address my core issues and I can use it by itself. My job basically requires me to travel a lot, I need GPS, Bluetooth, and Phone functions to be reliable, right now on BB10 they just aren't for me. Those things do not sing well with one another. I have to fiddle around with my phone if I'm navigating and making calls, that's a big no-no.
    07-25-14 01:29 AM
    I still carry around an Android device basically for all the reasons mentioned here and in dozens of threads. Battery life, limited app functionality, very poor bluetooth features, etc have me still using mostly an Android phone for "getting stuff done" I love the hub for emails though. The hub for me is the only thing keeping me on BB at all. I'm excited to try the Passport and all, hopefully this next line of BB devices address my core issues and I can use it by itself. My job basically requires me to travel a lot, I need GPS, Bluetooth, and Phone functions to be reliable, right now on BB10 they just aren't for me. Those things do not sing well with one another. I have to fiddle around with my phone if I'm navigating and making calls, that's a big no-no.
    I agree on the hub. Arguably one of the best inventions in the history of smartphones. Now I wish Android had it. Lol

Posted via CrackBerry App - Samsung Galaxy S4
    08-05-14 11:26 PM
30 12