Licensing possibilities
    Attached Thumbnails Guys,  you gotta bring it back, the older calendar was much nicer!-barbie-tablet.jpg  
    jope28 and VeryBumpy like this.
    02-21-15 10:37 AM
    Totally agree, new calendar is bloody awful.
    I think the process to add an event is better (more efficient - it was awkward in the old version). However, the shapes, and colours are brutal.
    Also, you can no longer pinch the calendar (ie in day or week view) to shrink the view. That was a very useful feature.

<Sigh>

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:45 AM
    10.3.1 calendar alerts don't work either and I use this calendar for everything - without the sound, led or vibration alerts the calendar is basically useless. The popups don't even wake up the screen so you don't see them until its too late.
    02-21-15 10:49 AM
    I'm with OP. The 10.3 calendar change isn't as nice as the 10.2.1 calendar and am not sure why they made the change.

[Hopefully NOT Edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2267 CB10
    02-21-15 12:02 PM
    BlackBerry is changing way too many things with each new OS update. They seem to be paying way more attention to their focus groups than they should be.

Call screen
    Calendar
    Camera

What else?
    02-21-15 01:25 PM
    I am glad I am not the only one who doesn't like the new 10.3.1 calendar. There are many threads with people complaining about it. I hope BlackBerry listens to the complains and does something about it (of course, after firing the current Designer and Project Manager in charge of the 10.3.1 Calendar UI)! :-)

No no, just kidding, no firing. Just change the UI back to 10.2.1, but keep the new feature which allows adding the Remember tasks right from within the Calendar!
    They don't need to change the UI completely to fix this issue. Very small tweaks can be applied.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:29 PM
    BlackBerry is changing way too many things with each new OS update. They seem to be paying way more attention to their focus groups than they should be.

Call screen
    Calendar
    Camera

What else?
    Nothing wrong with the camera and call screen. Calendar and calculator need to be slightly changed.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:31 PM
    Does 10.3 have an Agenda View iin the calendar ? I like that and I'm hoping 10.3 will still have it. I'm still on 10.2 with Verizon (waiting for the release).

Posted via CB10
    Yes, agenda view is there.

Guys,  you gotta bring it back, the older calendar was much nicer!-img_20150221_193310.png

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:34 PM
    I've got used to the new calendar but the old one was better.
    02-21-15 02:00 PM
    I like the old one more.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 02:03 PM
    Just wish there was a way to stop alarms from displaying in the calender app.
    02-21-15 02:38 PM
    Agreed, the new calendar is ugly compared to what it was. The green scheme is hard to look at. It's especially bad on the Dark theme. I much preferred the 10.2 calendar scheme. The layout is kinda meh. The week view is worse than before. The month view is alright, but it wasn't that great in 10.2 (most android phones do that significantly better).

Still better than an iPhone.
    02-21-15 02:51 PM
    Thanks knighty2112 for the picture of the Agenda view.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 02:57 PM
    Nothing wrong with the camera and call screen. Calendar and calculator need to be slightly changed.

Posted via CB10
    Your part of the group who likes the change. Nothing wrong with that. But the change upset a bunch of people.
    02-21-15 05:15 PM
    Your part of the group who likes the change. Nothing wrong with that. But the change upset a bunch of people.
    Because get upset over things like icons... I didn't say I liked all the changes. The calendar was better before. But the UI doesn't need to drastically change again to gain back what it had in 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 08:13 PM
    I must also agree that the old calendar is much more useful and intuitive

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 08:18 PM
    New items should not default to "Busy", but follow MS Outlook (the app, not the Hotmail rebranded) logic, where "Free" is the primary option

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 08:22 PM
    Because get upset over things like icons... I didn't say I liked all the changes. The calendar was better before. But the UI doesn't need to drastically change again to gain back what it had in 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    Semantics! The point people are trying to make is that the new calendar is not as good as the old one, not how much it needs to change to bring back the 10.2.1's functionality!
    bER1Nry likes this.
    02-21-15 08:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Never said you liked all the changes. You said nothing wrong with the camera and call screen. Cool. Your opinion and you're entitled to it.
    I agree changing the UI itself won't do anything major to gain back what it had in 10.2.1 but BlackBerry significantly changed a good chunk of the UI in 10.3.x. Why? It was functioning quite well before. I don't see why growing numbers had to be removed from the calendar app, or a dedicated button was needed to snap pics in the camera app. It was "different". It stood out and was what some people on this board loved about BlackBerry 10. Same goes for the old call screen - but I'm not going to beat a dead horse.
    02-21-15 10:16 PM
    The new calendar is awful. The problem isn't that the UI paradigm changed, I can get used to that. It is that the density of information and readability has been drastically reduced.
    I used to just leave it on month view, so could at a glance see how busy each day was and if I had conflicts, plus see the details of most of the selected days agenda details (I often have 6-12) below. Now that view is useless, telling me nothing about the month, and only showing me 3 entries for the current day. I can see more if I go to week view, but then I still have no idea what tomorrow is like until I click on it.

I have reservations about the 10.3.1 design choices in general. The font/styling does seem less readable in hub, and there is too much motion now, things sliding in and out moments later which is distracting, but all things I will get used to.

The calendar however is functionally neutered and I'm going to have to go back to using my laptop to do any significant calendar work.

Of all the things to spend precious development hours, why completely revamp one of the things they got almost perfect on initial release?

Posted via CB10
    VeryBumpy and deltact like this.
    02-21-15 11:23 PM
    What I don't understand is why did they change it? Was there some outcry from the public saying that the calendar needed to be changed? This new one is an abomination.
    That's what I want to know. I never complained about the old calendar. In fact I used to flaunt it. Maybe one of those case where they were trying to be iPhone again and no one said no. The old calendar was perfect. The new one already let me down today. Unable to figure out what was going on with my wife's appointments quickly. Had to stand there like an ***** for a few minutes.

Posted with Z30
    deltact likes this.
    02-22-15 03:09 PM
    The new calendar is awful. The problem isn't that the UI paradigm changed, I can get used to that. It is that the density of information and readability has been drastically reduced.
    I used to just leave it on month view, so could at a glance see how busy each day was and if I had conflicts, plus see the details of most of the selected days agenda details (I often have 6-12) below. Now that view is useless, telling me nothing about the month, and only showing me 3 entries for the current day. I can see more if I go to week view, but then I still have no idea what tomorrow is like until I click on it.

I have reservations about the 10.3.1 design choices in general. The font/styling does seem less readable in hub, and there is too much motion now, things sliding in and out moments later which is distracting, but all things I will get used to.

The calendar however is functionally neutered and I'm going to have to go back to using my laptop to do any significant calendar work.

Of all the things to spend precious development hours, why completely revamp one of the things they got almost perfect on initial release?

Posted via CB10
    Agreed it was perfect a perfect example of blackberry solving a productivity challenge. The change is useless. Not even that pretty really either to warrant the change.

Posted with Z30
    02-22-15 03:12 PM
    The old calendar was one of the best BB 10 features in my opinion, I could see at a glance how much of each day in the month was occupied and also what with as I had each type of task on a different colour coded calendar. The new calendar is a relatively blunt tool, something listed for 15 minutes appears in the same way as and 8 hour event so I have to click each day to get the full itinerary.

It also looks ugly now.
    bbbkkk likes this.
    02-23-15 04:23 AM
    The old calendar was one of the best BB 10 features in my opinion, .....

It also looks ugly now.
    Totally agree. I used to brag about the BB10 calendar to my iOS and Android loving friends, and they were mostly impressed. Now, I am actually embarrassed to show anybody the 10.3 calendar, because it seems to have been designed by a child that likes bold fonts, dots and squares!
    02-23-15 07:37 AM
    That's what I want to know. I never complained about the old calendar. In fact I used to flaunt it. Maybe one of those case where they were trying to be iPhone again and no one said no. The old calendar was perfect. The new one already let me down today. Unable to figure out what was going on with my wife's appointments quickly. Had to stand there like an ***** for a few minutes.

Posted with Z30
    That's also the conclusion that I've come to. Sadly, it's delusional to think they can do better than Jony Ive. They would be better competing by being different, such as with the Passport.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    02-23-15 09:00 AM
61 123