I have also used this app, just in case. But I had no need for it because this method worked on my first try. Kudos.
    But it doesn't sync back, ie, my Q10 has received contacts from google it didn't have, but my google account didn't get my new Q10 contacts.
    Are you sure that when you created those contacts, you had selected them to be added to the Google contacts account as well?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-19 09:25 PM
    Are you sure that when you created those contacts, you had selected them to be added to the Google contacts account as well?
    Yes, since I do see these contacts when I use BB10 to filter to see only the Gmail contacts.
    12-20-19 09:09 AM
    Pardon me for asking but if synchronisation does not take place why jump through these hoops? This assumes that we dual carry? So that we can keep getting contacts from google?

Pass(ion)Port!
    I'm jumping through all these hoops as I'm trying to get synchronisation to work. Syncing isn't just for dual carriers. For me, it's because I send most emails through my PC, but I also call and send texts. Without this syncing I have to keep a very disorganized address book since it will create different contacts for phone number and email, or I'll have double the trouble to keep it tidy.
    12-20-19 09:13 AM
    Yes, since I do see these contacts when I use BB10 to filter to see only the Gmail contacts.
    Are you sure you don't have the sync interval set to Manual?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-19 11:38 AM
    Sorry for the delay in responding, work has been keeping me occupied the last while.
    I have just been able to add my Gmail contacts account to my device just now, I have 2FA turned on and Less Secure Apps turned off.

Mind giving this a shot again - but with 2FA enabled this time?
    Remember you'll need to create an app password and use this in place of your actual Google password.

Posted via CB10
    I did not want to use the 2FA with Google and deal with another password. Perhaps I will let it be for now..

Pass(ion)Port!
    12-22-19 03:11 AM
    I'm jumping through all these hoops as I'm trying to get synchronisation to work. Syncing isn't just for dual carriers. For me, it's because I send most emails through my PC, but I also call and send texts. Without this syncing I have to keep a very disorganized address book since it will create different contacts for phone number and email, or I'll have double the trouble to keep it tidy.
    Understood. However for me the syncing from phone to cloud is more important because that is the more mobile platform.

Pass(ion)Port!
    12-22-19 03:12 AM
    Are you sure you don't have the sync interval set to Manual?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. I have it at 30 minutes.

Pass(ion)Port!
    12-22-19 03:13 AM
    I did not want to use the 2FA with Google and deal with another password. Perhaps I will let it be for now..

Pass(ion)Port!
    Up to you how you wish to proceed of course, I'll also try with 2FA turned off just so we can confirm the first post is still up-to-date.
    12-22-19 07:44 AM
    Nope. I have it at 30 minutes.

Pass(ion)Port!
    This was actually directed at Dainelli concerning their issue of contacts not syncing both ways. But yeah, 30 minutes should be fine.
    12-22-19 07:47 AM

Pass(ion)Port!
    Hey Namisha,

I've admittedly been off CB lately and haven't read through this thread, but are you saying you have issues syncing Google contacts with 2FA off and less-secure access enabled?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-19 04:13 PM
    Hey Namisha,

I've admittedly been off CB lately and haven't read through this thread, but are you saying you have issues syncing Google contacts with 2FA off and less-secure access enabled?

Posted via CB10
    You finally made bail!!!! Glad to see you’re ok, still kicking and ticking
    12-22-19 04:22 PM
    Hey Namisha,

Posted via CB10
    Welcome back!
    12-22-19 04:23 PM
    You finally made bail!!!! Glad to see you’re ok, still kicking and ticking
    Thanks Chuck...saw your post on another thread last week asking about me but haven't been able to reply yet. Personal circumstances have kept me off the forums for the last month or so but suffice it to say I'm back and ready to help the BB10 faithful through the all-important end of 2019...when, despite what some have likely been saying in the past few weeks and excluding new apps and updates in BBW, absolutely nothing will change for BlackBerry 10 users.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-19 04:36 PM
    Welcome back!
    Thank you sir! Thanks also as always for holding down the fort supporting our BB10 brothers and sisters while I've been away. Hopefully I can help here and there as we move into the end of the year...

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    12-22-19 04:37 PM
    Hey Namisha,

Posted via CB10
    Yes TrumpetTiger. That is exactly the problem I have. What upset me was that I had my google account perfectly in sync (including my Contacts) until I removed the account to try to follow the CardDav method outlined..

Pass(ion)Port!
    12-23-19 11:45 PM
    Yes TrumpetTiger. That is exactly the problem I have. What upset me was that I had my google account perfectly in sync (including my Contacts) until I removed the account to try to follow the CardDav method outlined..

Pass(ion)Port!
    Wow...that's highly unusual as sync hasn't worked for some time without the custom CardDav server. (I originally found the first URL a number of months ago so I have some familiarity with the history.) Please forgive the questions as you may have already answered them, but I want to try and help get your contacts syncing again as quickly as possible:

1. Could you let us know the exact CardDav server URL you are using? I ask because sometimes people have misinterpreted the address due to how CB displays URLs.

2. Just to triple-check, when you check your Google Account security settings via a computer (not on your phone), they are showing 2FA off and less-secure app access enabled, right?

3. I assume you're signed out of Google in the BB10 browser?

4. What error message do you get when trying to sync contacts (separately through the CardDav method of course, not by re-adding your Google account as a whole)?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-19 01:01 AM
    I am an old BB Passport user. Bought and regularly used the Passport about 6 years back. Then I jumped ship due to a few reasons - tennis elbow and finger fatigue being a couple (blame it on IT). So the Google account was there and intact.

The URL I used was exactly as given in the guide. I did not change anything. I did mention somewhere in this thread that when I login to google during the authentication procedure I get a URL for a brief moment (it vanishes before I can even copy!). Would you be talking about that URL?

And yes, my security settings are exactly as described. No 2FA. Less secure apps enabled. And yes I am signed out of Google on all things BB.

The error message I get is a generic one - 'Unexpected error occurred' or something to that effect.

Right now, I have imported my contacts as the Passport is my daily driver and I simply cant risk losing contacts. Although I now rest comparatively easy knowing there is a backup I can import in the worst case scenario.

Thank you for all your help - TrumpetTiger and all of you guys in this warm community!
    12-24-19 08:37 AM
    The URL I used was exactly as given in the guide. I did not change anything.
    Are you telling me you haven't edited the server address like the guide instructs?
    If not, you need to replace the "[email protected]” with your actual email address. Give that a shot if you haven't already.
    12-24-19 02:30 PM
    Appreciate your concern Ben but I did edit the email address to match mine.

It is strange that this does not work now as I distinctly remember having done this before

Pass(ion)Port!
    12-24-19 11:22 PM
    Also, ensure you don't have the sync interval set to Manual as this would also inflict such behavior.

Posted via CB10
    After connecting to a solid wifi I managed to get it working again.
    Thanks guys!
    12-25-19 11:53 AM
    Appreciate your concern Ben but I did edit the email address to match mine.

It is strange that this does not work now as I distinctly remember having done this before

Pass(ion)Port!
    Hmm, I've finally made the necessary adjustments and thus tested adding my contacts account to my device with 2FA off and Less Secure Apps on. All seems to have gone well...
    Are you sure those quotation marks aren't present when you copy and paste the server address?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-19 07:49 PM
    You also have a solid Internet connection as Myi mentions above?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-19 07:51 PM
    Hmm, I've finally made the necessary adjustments and thus tested adding my contacts account to my device with 2FA off and Less Secure Apps on. All seems to have gone well...
    Are you sure those quotation marks aren't present when you copy and paste the server address?

Posted via CB10
    Really appreciate you checking this out for me. I am not sure what I need to change then. Should I once again delete my Google account off the Passport and retry?

And if so, should we add the email and calendar accounts before adding the CardDav account or is it the other way round?

And yes - I removed the quotes.
    12-28-19 01:09 AM
    I would not say I have a super fast connection. But if it works for me to watch streaming videos and comfortably connect to CrackBerry, I guess it should be OK to connect to an email account - you would think?
    12-28-19 01:10 AM
    Really appreciate you checking this out for me. I am not sure what I need to change then. Should I once again delete my Google account off the Passport and retry?

And if so, should we add the email and calendar accounts before adding the CardDav account or is it the other way round?

And yes - I removed the quotes.
    Hey Namisha,

You absolutely should add e-mail and calendar first. I'm not sure if it matters but I'm certain of that order.

Also, would you mind pasting or typing the exact URL into a CB post before you add it? Just want to be double-sure of the URL you're using...

Posted via CB10
    12-28-19 01:18 AM
205 12345 ...