Hi, I am trying every possible way to make it work. I am open to any kind of working solution!

I already allowed less secure apps :-).

I just can't manipulate 2FA because of admin rights.

And still, I get an error message :-/.

Thank you again.
    11-12-19 04:04 PM
    Hi, I am trying every possible way to make it work. I am open to any kind of working solution!

I already allowed less secure apps :-).

I just can't manipulate 2FA because of admin rights.

And still, I get an error message :-/.

Thank you again.
    That's the whole thing... your company's administrator has setup limits (like not allowing less secure connection, limits on 2FA or even requiring some newer standards that BB10 doesn't meet), there is nothing else you can do but meet their requirements or get them to make an exception for you. It's part of their security plan, nothing you can do on the device is going to alter that.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-13-19 10:32 AM
    And what happens if I added new contacts since it stopped syncing? Will I loose them when I remove the account from BB10? I'm afraid I will. But there's no warning in the article and it's not a solution for everyone.
    11-16-19 02:16 AM
    And what happens if I added new contacts since it stopped syncing? Will I loose them when I remove the account from BB10? I'm afraid I will. But there's no warning in the article and it's not a solution for everyone.
    It shouldn't stop syncing if you've followed the instructions properly, or unless you have Sync Interval set to Manual.
    Not sure what the problem is...

Posted via CB10
    11-16-19 06:39 AM
    Add a contact on the phone, few minutes later see if it has synced to your PC or another device.
    11-19-19 10:41 AM
    Fantastic, and just in time for my software reload of the year.
    None of my email accounts were syncing contacts or calendars.
    Thank you very mucho sir
    11-22-19 08:45 AM
    Just thought I'd slap together an up-to-date, clear and descriptive post that can be used for reference, instead of users having to wade through multitudes of threads that may or may not contain the answers they're looking for. If you have suggestions how to make it easier for the 'not-so-techy' users to understand, feel free to comment.

-------------------------------------

A) If you have two step verification turned on in your Google account (recommended), you can skip to step 1 now.

B) If you do not have two step verification activated you will need to go to your Google account and turn ON "Less Secure App Access". You can do that here.

Now follow these steps carefully.

1. Go to Accounts (If the contacts account you're trying to sync is showing here, delete it to avoid any errors).

2. Select Add Account.

3. Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen.

4. Tap CardDav

5. Description - Enter whatever you wish.

6. Username - Enter your Gmail address (important).

7. Email Address - Enter your Gmail address.

8. Password;
    A) With two step verification enabled you will need to create an app password for "Contacts on my BlackBerry" or similar. Copy and paste this password here.

B) If you don't have two step verification enabled, simply enter your Google account password in this field.

9. For the server address enter the following without the quotes;

"https://www.googleapis.com/carddav/v1/principals/[email protected]/lists/default/"

Be sure to edit the server address so the "[email protected]" is replaced with your actual Gmail address, there can be no mistakes so do your editing carefully .

10. Hit Done at the top right corner of the screen.

Note that it may take a few minutes until all your contacts are showing in the contacts app.
    If you are still having issues, a first step would be to sign out of Google in all browsers on your BB10 device , then go through the steps again.

Hope this helps! ‎

Posted via CB10
    kindly make video on this topic on youtube.
    12-01-19 01:35 PM
    kindly make video on this topic on youtube.
    What is it you aren't understanding?

I personally don't think it's necessary to do a video, but of course if anyone feels like it they're free to create one.

Posted via CB10
    Myi66081 likes this.
    12-02-19 07:12 AM
    Is the link still the same? My BB classic doesn't seem to be syncing anymore.
    12-15-19 02:35 PM
    Is the link still the same? My BB classic doesn't seem to be syncing anymore.
    I sure haven't heard anything different, you're the first to report... will run a test when I get a chance.

Posted via CB10
    Myi66081 likes this.
    12-15-19 11:10 PM
    I sure haven't heard anything different, you're the first to report... will run a test when I get a chance.

Posted via CB10
    Or I'll remove and re-add the email and all.
    Sometimes it requires you to remove and replace so will try that..
    12-16-19 10:10 AM
    Or I'll remove and re-add the email and all.
    Sometimes it requires you to remove and replace so will try that..
    Also, ensure you don't have the sync interval set to Manual as this would also inflict such behavior.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-19 10:26 AM
    Also, ensure you don't have the sync interval set to Manual as this would also inflict such behavior.

Posted via CB10
    Will check that all and hope for the best. Thanks Ben
    12-16-19 10:27 AM
    For some odd reason getting this error when trying to add my contacts.
    12-16-19 10:59 PM
    For some odd reason getting this error when trying to add my contacts.[IMG=756x1008]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191217/89fc4768d5bd06d1183349622a40966e.jpg[/url]
    Seems my less secure apps was turned off as it's turned off if it's not being used.
    Then submitted information again but got this error this time around.
    I have yet to see such an error.
    12-16-19 11:20 PM
    worked on 2 Phones (SQC-100-1) with the URL that includes th Username and Gmail Generated App-Passwords.

Be sure to spell the URL 100% right.
    12-17-19 05:50 AM
    worked on 2 Phones (SQC-100-1) with the URL that includes th Username and Gmail Generated App-Passwords.

Thanks for confirming it's still working, hopefully I can get to testing tomorrow sometime.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-19 09:10 PM
    Perhaps I am doing something wrong @Ben xfg. I deleted my Gmail account and then followed all steps detailed as in your post. I still get an 'Unexpected ' error and the Gmail carddav account does not get created. Wonder why.

And my Google account is set to allow less secure apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-19 12:42 AM
    I followed instructions so well that I deleted my existing Gmail contacts and am now stuck! Any help please?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-19 04:08 AM
    Phew..i used an app ContactsImEx from the BlackBerry world to import an exported contacts file. Can rest easier now. Perhaps this too may be for the best. No uploading any synchronisation with the big G..

Posted via CB10
    12-19-19 05:13 AM
    Phew..i used an app ContactsImEx from the BlackBerry world to import an exported contacts file. Can rest easier now. Perhaps this too may be for the best. No uploading any synchronisation with the big G..

Posted via CB10
    I have also used this app, just in case. But I had no need for it because this method worked on my first try. Kudos.
    But it doesn't sync back, ie, my Q10 has received contacts from google it didn't have, but my google account didn't get my new Q10 contacts.
    12-19-19 08:31 AM

Ah...I see. I did get a URL for a fleeting moment after I authenticated. Where are we supposed to use this? Instead of the Server address?

Pass(ion)Port!
    12-19-19 07:29 PM
    I have also used this app, just in case. But I had no need for it because this method worked on my first try. Kudos.
    But it doesn't sync back, ie, my Q10 has received contacts from google it didn't have, but my google account didn't get my new Q10 contacts.
    Pardon me for asking but if synchronisation does not take place why jump through these hoops? This assumes that we dual carry? So that we can keep getting contacts from google?

Pass(ion)Port!
    12-19-19 07:30 PM
    Perhaps I am doing something wrong @Ben xfg. I deleted my Gmail account and then followed all steps detailed as in your post. I still get an 'Unexpected ' error and the Gmail carddav account does not get created. Wonder why.

And my Google account is set to allow less secure apps.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry for the delay in responding, work has been keeping me occupied the last while.
    I have just been able to add my Gmail contacts account to my device just now, I have 2FA turned on and Less Secure Apps turned off.

Mind giving this a shot again - but with 2FA enabled this time?
    Remember you'll need to create an app password and use this in place of your actual Google password.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-19 09:15 PM
    Ah...I see. I did get a URL for a fleeting moment after I authenticated. Where are we supposed to use this? Instead of the Server address?

Pass(ion)Port!
    I think they're speaking of the actual server address, so no, no other URL is needed.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-19 09:17 PM
205 1234 ...