Just thought I'd slap together an up-to-date, clear and descriptive post that can be used for reference, instead of users having to wade through multitudes of threads that may or may not contain the answers they're looking for. If you have suggestions how to make it easier for the 'not-so-techy' users to understand, feel free to comment.

-------------------------------------

A) If you have two step verification turned on in your Google account (recommended), you can skip to step 1 now.

B) If you do not have two step verification activated you will need to go to your Google account and turn ON "Less Secure App Access". You can do that here.

Now follow these steps carefully.

1. Go to Accounts (If the contacts account you're trying to sync is showing here, delete it to avoid any errors).

2. Select Add Account.

3. Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen.

4. Tap CardDav

5. Description - Enter whatever you wish.

6. Username - Enter your Gmail address (important).

7. Email Address - Enter your Gmail address.

8. Password;
    A) With two step verification enabled you will need to create an app password for "Contacts on my BlackBerry" or similar. Copy and paste this password here.

B) If you don't have two step verification enabled, simply enter your Google account password in this field.

9. For the server address enter the following;

https://www.googleapis.com/carddav/v1/principals/[email protected]/lists/default/

Be sure to edit the server address so the "[email protected]" is replaced with your actual Gmail address, there can be no mistakes so do your editing carefully .

10. Hit Done at the top right corner of the screen.

Note that it may take a few minutes until all your contacts are showing in the contacts app.
    If you are still having issues, a first step would be to sign out of Google in all browsers on your BB10 device, then go through the steps again.

Hope this helps! ‎

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ben xfg; 02-05-20 at 08:22 AM.
    10-15-19 10:12 PM
    Fantastic, clear guide! Thanks @Ben xfg
    10-16-19 02:45 PM
    Fantastic, clear guide! Thanks @Ben xfg
    Wow. Thanks for doing the article Bla1ze, nice to see you still supporting BB10 users.

Posted via CB10
    Bla1ze and Farzeen25 like this.
    10-17-19 04:50 PM
    Wow. Thanks for doing the article Bla1ze, nice to see you still supporting BB10 users.

Posted via CB10
    @Bla1ze

I'll second that! I honestly did not think that anything like this would be posted on the CB front page again. I'm glad to be proven wrong.

Bla1ze, what is the likelihood of getting a sub-forum for guides such as these? Between this and the stickies for the native and working Android apps there seems to be active support for BB10 at CB, and one of the major problems people have is finding the info they need amidst the myriad of threads.

If we can get an organized way of having guides together we could probably get quite a few going. There are at least three or four I either have or would like to draw up.
    10-18-19 04:14 PM
    10-18-19 05:05 PM
    Which is not often perused or curated to provide a quick, easy reference for folks who need BB10 assistance without sorting through massive threads...nor was this guide moved there, but rather was stickied here.

Oh well, it was worth a try...I'll just keep requesting a sticky every now and then and see if the request is granted.
    Eve Ffrench likes this.
    10-18-19 05:11 PM
    Oh well, it was worth a try...I'll just keep requesting a sticky every now and then and see if the request is granted.
    Here, there, sticky, unstickied. It doesn't really matter. Hardly anyone even bothers to search anyway. They choose to post new questions vs. searching almost every.single.time. Sounds cynical but stats prove it. For that matter, the fact this was arguably posted in the 'wrong forum' speaks for itself.

Example: This has been stuck for years - https://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-t...codes-1104436/ yet there's 100's of threads asking about it.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-18-19 05:21 PM
    It doesn't really matter. Hardly anyone even bothers to search anyway. They choose to post new questions vs. searching almost every.single.time.
    Pretty much the reason I posted it. Just so we have an actual guide to point all the threads at that keep popping up all the time.

Posted via CB10
    Bla1ze, elfabio80 and howarmat like this.
    10-18-19 05:47 PM
    Pretty much the reason I posted it. Just so we have an actual guide to point all the threads at that keep popping up all the time.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly and it's appreciated.
    10-18-19 05:49 PM

If we can get an organized way of having guides together we could probably get quite a few going. There are at least three or four I either have or would like to draw up.
    Looking forward to seeing those!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-19 07:33 PM
    Looking forward to seeing those!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Ben! I'll see if I can bust them out and get them organized...if the CB Powers That Be are feeling generous they might even get stickied for easy reference for folks.
    10-21-19 03:04 PM
    I'll just keep requesting a sticky every now and then and see if the request is granted.
    Nice in theory but my experience has been that stickies are almost useless - rarely does anyone actually look at them imo.
    10-21-19 03:31 PM
    Nice in theory but my experience has been that stickies are almost useless - rarely does anyone actually look at them imo.
    Which goes back to my request for a dedicated subforum limited to guides and how-tos...but since that appears to have been denied....
    10-21-19 03:36 PM
    Which goes back to my request for a dedicated subforum limited to guides and how-tos...but since that appears to have been denied....
    What is the How-to sub forum dedicated to if it isn't for how-tos?

Bottom line; if people decide to search, they'll probably search site-wide anyway which would make the sub forum almost useless as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-19 04:21 PM
    What is the How-to sub forum dedicated to if it isn't for how-tos?

Bottom line; if people decide to search, they'll probably search site-wide anyway which would make the sub forum almost useless as well.

Posted via CB10
    The current Tips forum Howarmat mentioned has a variety of disorganized items in it, and I find that searching doesn't always bring up the threads I'm looking for.

I'm open to suggestions for an organized, one-stop shop to which people can go for guides that just contain the info they want without having to sort through pages of thread responses....
    10-21-19 04:23 PM
    The current Tips forum Howarmat mentioned has a variety of disorganized items in it, and I find that searching doesn't always bring up the threads I'm looking for.

I'm open to suggestions for an organized, one-stop shop to which people can go for guides that just contain the info they want without having to sort through pages of thread responses....
    I believe the response was really about what the data traffic has shown CB has been most effective in developing website traffic management geared to business revenues model. It’s a balancing act. I don’t mean anything nefarious, simply business effective...
    10-21-19 06:03 PM
    Hi, thank you for the clear guide. Yet, my gmail account is professional.
    If I have manage to turn ON "Less Secure App Access", I don't have the rights to remove the two step verification or to create an app password.

It is really difficult to ask the professional admin to do it for me. Would you please have a solution?
    11-12-19 10:22 AM
    If I have manage to turn ON "Less Secure App Access", I don't have the rights to remove the two step verification or to create an app password.

It is really difficult to ask the professional admin to do it for me. Would you please have a solution?
    Only solution is to ask you IT folks to allow this option.
    11-12-19 11:01 AM

If you have Less Secure App Access turned ON, there should be no need to create an app specific password - unless you meant two step verification is turned on, of course.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-19 03:22 PM

Hey Laurent,

As a follow up to Ben's comment, app-specific passwords aren't truly necessary despite what you will hear from many folks on here. The only reason they are suggested is to use Gmail with 2FA, as they are needed in that case. Don't worry too much about not having one, particularly if as Ben points out you are able to turn on supposedly less-secure app access.
    11-12-19 03:26 PM
    Hi Ben and TrumpetTiger. Thank you so much for your valuable contributions. Actually, the Google Mail Password does not work and I still get an error message saying that it couldn't be rightly configured.
    11-12-19 03:30 PM
    Hey Laurent,

As a follow up to Ben's comment, app-specific passwords aren't truly necessary despite what you will hear from many folks on here. The only reason they are suggested is to use Gmail with 2FA, as they are needed in that case. Don't worry too much about not having one, particularly if as Ben points out you are able to turn on supposedly less-secure app access.
    I would not suggest "allow less secure apps" over 2FA.

"A less secure app (LSA) is an app that connects to Google accounts using only username and password verification for access and not OAuth. Generally, you should only allow your users to use external apps that connect to Google accounts via OAuth, as LSAs make user accounts more vulnerable to hijacking."
    11-12-19 03:31 PM
    I would not suggest "allow less secure apps" over 2FA.

"A less secure app (LSA) is an app that connects to Google accounts using only username and password verification for access and not OAuth. Generally, you should only allow your users to use external apps that connect to Google accounts via OAuth, as LSAs make user accounts more vulnerable to hijacking."
    @Laurent-BB, feel free to follow this thread if you wish, but this generally is the point at which threads digress into conite and I getting into a point/counterpoint. I'd urge you to consider both arguments and give them the weight you feel appropriate.

However, addressing the overall point: Google views many apps as "less secure" that are nothing of the kind. Some of these include desktop Outlook as well as other well-known third-party e-mail clients. There is no need to worry about allowing less secure apps in this context, as Google applies its own standards--which are known to favor its own apps/clients--over objective ones.
    11-12-19 03:36 PM
    There is no need to worry about allowing less secure apps in this context, as Google applies its own standards--which are known to favor its own apps/clients--over objective ones.
    Astonishing.
    11-12-19 03:37 PM
    Astonishing.
    Actually, this sort of discussion seems par for the course at this point.
    11-12-19 03:42 PM
205 123 ...