ContactsImEx has been my goto BB10 app for backing up Contacts also. It does only one thing, but it does it extremely well. Simple, free, and so far, still available in BBW. Glad you found it, @Myi66081 !

So in the end I did some searching online for the best method, and a post from Crackberry forum's turned up, this one post from a few years back, but boy was this a breeze. Can't believe I'm only bumping into this thread just now!

Downloaded the app from the blackberry world app store, and then started the process to export all my contacts, now on a blackberry Q10/Q20 when exporting the contacts it only saves it to the device, so you have to move it to the sd card, and from there I took out the sd card and popped it into my Android device, and then you have two options either go to the folder and select that file and it will ask you where you want to import the contacts to.
    Or if you're using someone else's phone and want to save it to a specific Gmail account on the device then go into an incognito browser and then go to the contacts app on the Gmail interface or from a new tab search " Gmail Contacts " and a page for that will come up on your Android device, and from there you can label your import folder and then hit the import button ,all you need to do is find the file and Bam all your hundred or thousand of contacts are synced!

Real simple and definitely recommended for anyone who has contacts in their local contacts which are not in the Gmail account and then merge everything on your Gmail account.
    Assuming you were successful in syncing all your contacts to your blackberry.

And you can do the same to manually put all your contacts on your blackberry by exporting all your contacts from you Gmail account and then place them on sd card and pop it back into the blackberry and then go into the app and hit import and there you go.

But for all future contacts to be able to sync with your Gmail account I suggest that you try to get the carddav thingy working on your blackberry!

Thanks a ton @Ben xfg and @TrumpetTiger
    You guys are amazing and keeping the BB alive and well! Let's hope for many more years.
    And not to forget here's the post I was referring to from years back for this amazing, simple app that I used.

Of course guys feel free to post back would love to know if you guys were successful in what I did with that app? Would love to hear feedback.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    03-02-20 02:05 AM
    What about your classic?
    03-02-20 02:09 AM
    Sorry about that! I fat-fingered the screen while I was typing and it posted nothing. I've now fixed it. ^^

What about your classic?

03-02-20 02:13 AM
    ContactsImEx has been my goto BB10 app for backing up Contacts also. It does only one thing, but it does it extremely well. Simple, free, and so far, still available in BBW. Glad you found it, @Myi66081 !

If only I would have found this years ago! But better late than never!

And how can I change my username to just @myi and not all those number after it? Really annoying.
    That way it's the same user name I use on other forums. Who to pm? Which mods?
    03-02-20 02:14 AM
    If only I would have found this years ago! But better late than never!

And how can I change my username to just @myi and not all those number after it? Really annoying.
    That way it's the same user name I use on other forums. Who to pm? Which mods?
    See,
    To request a user name change, email [email protected] with your current and requested user names. When selecting a new name, you should first go to the Member List to check if the new one you'd like is available. Use the drop down for "search members". If the new one doesn't show up in the search, it's available.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/members/list/
    03-02-20 11:33 AM
    See,
    Gotchya I see that one is taken, but never been used that account.

Anyways now I'm back in my contacts on my BB and I see 3x every contact, not again.
    Let me try to merge all contacts on my Gmail account and then remove it from my BlackBerry and then resync all the contacts.
    Let's hope it works!
    03-02-20 12:04 PM
    So in the end I did some searching online for the best method, and a post from Crackberry forum's turned up, this one post from a few years back, but boy was this a breeze. Can't believe I'm only bumping into this thread just now!

Downloaded the app from the blackberry world app store, and then started the process to export all my contacts, now on a blackberry Q10/Q20 when exporting the contacts it only saves it to the device, so you have to move it to the sd card, and from there I took out the sd card and popped it into my Android device, and then you have two options either go to the folder and select that file and it will ask you where you want to import the contacts to.
    Or if you're using someone else's phone and want to save it to a specific Gmail account on the device then go into an incognito browser and then go to the contacts app on the Gmail interface or from a new tab search " Gmail Contacts " and a page for that will come up on your Android device, and from there you can label your import folder and then hit the import button ,all you need to do is find the file and Bam all your hundred or thousand of contacts are synced!

Real simple and definitely recommended for anyone who has contacts in their local contacts which are not in the Gmail account and then merge everything on your Gmail account.
    Assuming you were successful in syncing all your contacts to your blackberry.

And you can do the same to manually put all your contacts on your blackberry by exporting all your contacts from you Gmail account and then place them on sd card and pop it back into the blackberry and then go into the app and hit import and there you go.

But for all future contacts to be able to sync with your Gmail account I suggest that you try to get the carddav thingy working on your blackberry!

Thanks a ton @Ben xfg and @TrumpetTiger
    You guys are amazing and keeping the BB alive and well! Let's hope for many more years.
    And not to forget here's the post I was referring to from years back for this amazing, simple app that I used.

Of course guys feel free to post back would love to know if you guys were successful in what I did with that app? Would love to hear feedback.
    You're quite welcome myi! I'll be here serving the faithful (as I'm able given life events) until they ban me....and even then I'll be on the Blackberry Phoenix subreddit.
    Myi66081 likes this.
    03-02-20 03:46 PM
    Gotchya I see that one is taken, but never been used that account.

Anyways now I'm back in my contacts on my BB and I see 3x every contact, not again.
    Let me try to merge all contacts on my Gmail account and then remove it from my BlackBerry and then resync all the contacts.
    Let's hope it works!
    I have had this happen to me if I delete and re-add my account too quickly, and it doesn't seem to rectify itself either. I agree though to first merge all duplicates in your Google account (preferably on a desktop), then delete the account from your device, wait until no contacts remain on device, and only then re-add the account.
    Myi66081 likes this.
    03-02-20 04:59 PM
    Thank u so much Ben. this post has helped me in contact sync. Thanks a lot. This link works well for BB passport for syncing google contacts.
    04-10-20 12:46 AM
    Bro! I can't thank you enough! i was about to go crazy!
    04-20-20 02:20 AM
    Bro! I can't thank you enough! i was about to go crazy!
    Cool. Glad it's still working.
    04-20-20 04:23 PM
    14 May 2020 - followed the instruction from Ben xfg to get my Google contacts to synch to my Z10 again.
    The process worked as described ( I was using two step verification, make sure that an app password is generated and used) . Thanks you for the writeup.
    Ben xfg likes this.
    05-14-20 11:48 AM
    Hi everyone, I tried the method posted by Ben xfg but I do not have a gsuite (personal google account). I don't think it is possible to turn on "less secure apps" in this case? I have 2FA turned on but am using the app password. I still get the error message "An unexpected problem occurred. Some features may not be working correctly." I should note that my e-mail syncs just fine and my calendar and contacts only started having issues about 1 week ago. I hope there are still kind souls willing to help. I've also contacted google support as I do pay for extra storage with them.
    06-21-20 02:44 AM
    Hi everyone, I tried the method posted by Ben xfg but I do not have a gsuite (personal google account). I don't think it is possible to turn on "less secure apps" in this case? I have 2FA turned on but am using the app password. I still get the error message "An unexpected problem occurred. Some features may not be working correctly." I should note that my e-mail syncs just fine and my calendar and contacts only started having issues about 1 week ago. I hope there are still kind souls willing to help. I've also contacted google support as I do pay for extra storage with them.
    If you are making double sure that you're following all the steps correctly, and have the correct information in all the fields then I'm not sure what to say.
    Make sure there are no unconfirmed security alerts active, and sign out of browsers on your device.
    Other than that just keep trying I guess.
    choesli likes this.
    06-21-20 08:42 AM
    Well, I don't know what changed since yesterday, but I re-started my phone, generated a new app password and then immediately tried again and it worked this time (I don't know what I did differently because yesterday I had already tried several times with two different app passwords making sure to dot all the "i"s). In the meantime, someone from google also go back to me - I'm not sure if they did something behind the scenes... In any case, contacts issue now seems to be fixed! @Ben xfg I owe you a virtual beer.
    06-21-20 12:04 PM
    Well, I don't know what changed since yesterday, but I re-started my phone, generated a new app password and then immediately tried again and it worked this time (I don't know what I did differently because yesterday I had already tried several times with two different app passwords making sure to dot all the "i"s). In the meantime, someone from google also go back to me - I'm not sure if they did something behind the scenes... In any case, contacts issue now seems to be fixed! @Ben xfg I owe you a virtual beer.
    Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    choesli likes this.
    06-21-20 12:35 PM
    Just thought I'd slap together an up-to-date, clear and descriptive post that can be used for reference, instead of users having to wade through multitudes of threads that may or may not contain the answers they're looking for. If you have suggestions how to make it easier for the 'not-so-techy' users to understand, feel free to comment.

-------------------------------------

A) If you have two step verification turned on in your Google account (recommended), you can skip to step 1 now.

B) If you do not have two step verification activated you will need to go to your Google account and turn ON "Less Secure App Access". You can do that here.

Now follow these steps carefully.

1. Go to Accounts (If the contacts account you're trying to sync is showing here, delete it to avoid any errors).

2. Select Add Account.

3. Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen.

4. Tap CardDav

5. Description - Enter whatever you wish.

6. Username - Enter your Gmail address (important).

7. Email Address - Enter your Gmail address.

8. Password;
    A) With two step verification enabled you will need to create an app password for "Contacts on my BlackBerry" or similar. Copy and paste this password here.

B) If you don't have two step verification enabled, simply enter your Google account password in this field.

9. For the server address enter the following;

https://www.googleapis.com/carddav/v1/principals/[email protected]/lists/default/

Be sure to edit the server address so the "[email protected]" is replaced with your actual Gmail address, there can be no mistakes so do your editing carefully .

10. Hit Done at the top right corner of the screen.

Note that it may take a few minutes until all your contacts are showing in the contacts app.
    If you are still having issues, a first step would be to sign out of Google in all browsers on your BB10 device, then go through the steps again.

Hope this helps! ‎

Posted via CB10
    Thanks a lot ... finally worked!!!
    07-29-20 09:56 AM
    Kindly make video of how to sync google contact in Blackberry passport, I have tried so many times of steps descibed in crackberr.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-20 02:56 PM
    I had opened gmail in Z30's default browser - then closed those tabs, then closed browser - still would not work = "unexpected problem... " so I restarted phone then it worked!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-23-20 03:29 PM
    Just thought I'd slap together an up-to-date, clear and descriptive post that can be used for reference, instead of users having to wade through multitudes of threads that may or may not contain the answers they're looking for. If you have suggestions how to make it easier for the 'not-so-techy' users to understand, feel free to comment.

-------------------------------------

A) If you have two step verification turned on in your Google account (recommended), you can skip to step 1 now.

B) If you do not have two step verification activated you will need to go to your Google account and turn ON "Less Secure App Access". You can do that here.

Now follow these steps carefully.

1. Go to Accounts (If the contacts account you're trying to sync is showing here, delete it to avoid any errors).

2. Select Add Account.

3. Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen.

4. Tap CardDav

5. Description - Enter whatever you wish.

6. Username - Enter your Gmail address (important).

7. Email Address - Enter your Gmail address.

8. Password;
    A) With two step verification enabled you will need to create an app password for "Contacts on my BlackBerry" or similar. Copy and paste this password here.

B) If you don't have two step verification enabled, simply enter your Google account password in this field.

9. For the server address enter the following;

https://www.googleapis.com/carddav/v1/principals/[email protected]/lists/default/

Be sure to edit the server address so the "[email protected]" is replaced with your actual Gmail address, there can be no mistakes so do your editing carefully .

10. Hit Done at the top right corner of the screen.

Note that it may take a few minutes until all your contacts are showing in the contacts app.
    If you are still having issues, a first step would be to sign out of Google in all browsers on your BB10 device, then go through the steps again.

Hope this helps! ‎

Posted via CB10
    Almost I followed all steps as mentioned in crackberry forum , the following response is displayed in my passport , kindly help me to fix it . [Guide] How To Sync Google Contacts Account to Your BB10 Device.-img_20200831_2125466.jpeg[Guide] How To Sync Google Contacts Account to Your BB10 Device.-img_20200831_2125064.jpeg
    08-31-20 01:21 PM
    .com, not .co (in the server address)

Posted via CB10
    Ben xfg likes this.
    08-31-20 04:30 PM
    Almost I followed all steps as mentioned in crackberry forum , the following response is displayed in my passport , kindly help me to fix it .
    See response from mh1983 above.
    08-31-20 05:11 PM
    August 2020 still not successful 😞

I read ALL posts and replies.
    Followed the instructions over and over again but still get the "At this time your contacts account can't be added." message.

One thing I want to highlight is that when I try to turn ON the 2-Step Verification option, my BB device is not being listed.
    Tried to manually add it... no luck.
    I'm overwhelmed at this point.
    09-01-20 09:51 AM
    August 2020 still not successful 😞

Followed the instructions over and over again but still get the "At this time your contacts account can't be added." message.

One thing I want to highlight is that when I try to turn ON the 2-Step Verification option, my BB device is not being listed.
    Pics of reference:
    Attached Thumbnails [Guide] How To Sync Google Contacts Account to Your BB10 Device.-433413.jpg  
    09-01-20 10:00 AM
    August 2020 still not successful ������

Take your time and read the directions carefully. They work. I've set up my wife's contacts/calendar several times using them. And I set up my own on a Q5 recently.

Since you have 2FA on, did you set up one app-specific password for calendar and another for contacts?
    09-01-20 10:54 AM
205 ... 45678 ...