I had Gtalk working till mid 2019 on Passport with some pushing and it would log in after couple of tries and playing with settings, namely you have to allow file sharing access.
    I wanted to use it again on a Leap but Gtalk is officially long dead and surely it will not log in.
    Looking for a light application for 4.2 Jelly Bean which basically allows me to connect with anyone with gmail.com ID OR anything else that will work without going through the hoops like cobalt method.
    Again not sure but some browser that allow direct messaging like a desktop browser?
    08-17-20 04:14 AM
    I had Gtalk working till mid 2019 on Passport with some pushing and it would log in after couple of tries and playing with settings, namely you have to allow file sharing access.
    I wanted to use it again on a Leap but Gtalk is officially long dead and surely it will not log in.
    Looking for a light application for 4.2 Jelly Bean which basically allows me to connect with anyone with gmail.com ID OR anything else that will work without going through the hoops like cobalt method.
    Again not sure but some browser that allow direct messaging like a desktop browser?
    Does HG10 from BlackBerry World still do anything?
    08-17-20 06:23 AM
    @conite HG10 was my first call but the app is missing altogether from BB World.
    I can take a punt on a bar file if available somewhere but Google returned nothing on that.
    From what I am reading, Google is being pretty wobbly with apps going EoL or merging morphing into something else. Can there be a standalone apk of Hangouts for 4.2? I am total noob with android environment.
    Last edited by HereticHermit; 08-19-20 at 03:24 PM.
    08-17-20 11:52 AM
    Conite, HG10 was my first call but the app is missing altogether from BB World.
    I can take a punt on a bar file if available somewhere but Google returned nothing on that.
    From what I am reading, Google is being pretty wobbly with apps going EoL or merging morphing into something else. Can there be a standalone apk of Hangouts for 4.2? I am total noob with android environment.
    I never used Hangouts, but have you tried the one named "Hangouts" in Yalp?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-20 03:22 PM
    Conite, HG10 was my first call but the app is missing altogether from BB World.
    I can't test it out, but the HG10 bar file is available here: https://github.com/amonchakai/Hg10/releases
    brookie229 likes this.
    08-17-20 05:35 PM
    I have gtalk running on Blackberry passport. It receives all incoming hangouts messages and I can respond. My responses on my computer do not appear on my BB, but if I respond on BB it does show up on computer. No calls (voice or video) and I cannot upload images.

If I could get Hangouts (or duo, or meet) and Discord running on BB10, that would really be all that I need...

I miss Viber.

It seems that skype does run, even with video.
    08-22-20 12:09 AM
    I have gtalk running on Blackberry passport. It receives all incoming hangouts messages and I can respond. My responses on my computer do not appear on my BB, but if I respond on BB it does show up on computer. No calls (voice or video) and I cannot upload images.

If I could get Hangouts (or duo, or meet) and Discord running on BB10, that would really be all that I need...

I miss Viber.

It seems that skype does run, even with video.
    So, what about the Hangouts app that can be downloaded via Yalp, does it work?
    08-22-20 11:11 AM
    Give me the link, and I will try it.
    08-22-20 10:16 PM
    Give me the link, and I will try it.
    Won't work.
    08-23-20 09:41 AM
    Won't work.
    Ok!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-20 09:59 AM
    @mh1983
    I loaded the Hg10 from DBBT but struggling with array of input windows. Can you tell what needs to be filled in top 2 input fields.
    08-25-20 02:27 PM
    @mh1983
    I loaded the Hg10 from DBBT but struggling with array of input windows. Can you tell what needs to be filled in top 2 input fields.
    Hi, I haven't used DBBT in a long time. I'd suggest to use the BB10/Playbook app manager for Chrome.

1. Put phone in developer mode. (Set a password if not already done)
    2. Get IP address of phone from About > Network.
    3. Open app manager in Chrome, input IP address and click save.
    4. Click address at bottom of Mange Devices, then sign in using password.
    5. Browse to the BAR file and install.

That's it! HTH.
    08-25-20 02:46 PM
    @mh1983
    All you have to do after starting the program is drag the .bar file into the top window, make sure your device is connected at the very bottom (put your password in) and then tap "Install bar files". That's it.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-25-20 06:15 PM
    I had gtalk running on my Classic until rather more recently. It sent and received my hangouts messages. At some point in the past month or so, it stopped signing in. It says that my pw is wrong, but, of course, it's the same as always.

Any idea why this should have happenned at this time, and more importantly, how to fix it?

[Over the summer, I DID get an old apk of Discord to run on my Classic; I'm thrilled about that. Thanks for your help.]
    12-05-21 09:11 PM
    I had gtalk running on my Classic until rather more recently. It sent and received my hangouts messages. At some point in the past month or so, it stopped signing in. It says that my pw is wrong, but, of course, it's the same as always.

Any idea why this should have happenned at this time, and more importantly, how to fix it?

[Over the summer, I DID get an old apk of Discord to run on my Classic; I'm thrilled about that. Thanks for your help.]
    Do you have 2 step verification enabled in your google account? If not, you may have to enable "less secure app access" to use gtalk.
    I'd recommend having 2 step verification enabled and creating an app password however for elevated security.
    It may also be that that app has slipped off the end of the rope.
    12-06-21 10:48 AM

Any success after 2017 was pure luck according to multiple articles regarding the 2015 EOL shutdown and merging into Hangouts going forward at time.
    12-06-21 11:32 AM
    You could also try HG10 as an alternative, you can find it in conite's spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
    12-06-21 12:00 PM
    Do you have 2 step verification enabled in your google account? If not, you may have to enable "less secure app access" to use gtalk.
    I'd recommend having 2 step verification enabled and creating an app password however for elevated security.
    It may also be that that app has slipped off the end of the rope.
    You hit it perfectly! I hadn't made the connection that this happenned when Google automatically applied 2-step verification to my account. This fixed everything. I'm back on gtalk, and this also fixes a couple other snags that have cropped up in the past month or so.

Thank you.
    12-06-21 02:44 PM
    Actually, I'm back on gtalk again. (Or rather, using gtalk as a hangouts client.)
    12-06-21 02:45 PM