Tried it again. Still closing not responding use to work

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 11:19 AM
    ;(

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 11:54 AM
    ;(

Posted via CB10
    Growl r works fine on my Z10, but won't work on my Z30.
    04-19-15 08:04 PM
    It won't work on one of my two Z30's but works on my Q10 and Z10.

Sent from the amazing BlackBerry Z30
    04-28-15 11:21 AM
    it's closing itself on BB Classic too.
    04-28-15 03:44 PM
    An app that fills a growler? AWESOME!!!

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.500
    04-28-15 08:14 PM
    Growlr has been acting funny since 10.3.1, maybe even 10.3.0. It worked fine on my Z30 & Z10 under 10.2.1.

But I don't know if it's because of the new version of Growlr itself or the BB10 os updates.

On the other hand, Scruff went from being unusable on 10.2 to awesome fast on 10.3.1.

Here's a tip I found to make Growlr "semi-usable" on 10.3.1 (cuz I'm not rolling my OS back just for this app):

- start Growlr, and wait for the main menu to appear, "Bears/Messages/Viewers... etc."

- tap on "Bears". Wait for the squares to appear, with the "bear-head" graphic in each square. Once that happens, minimize the app. Go do something else, like make coffee, check your IG, read the newspaper.

- when a certain amount of time has passed, more than a minute and less than 20 minutes, tap on the Growlr active frame (i.e., the minimized app) and the "online" thumbnails should have appeared. Now tap on the "nearby" tab. Again, wait for the squares to appear, with the "bear-head" graphic in each square. Once that happens, minimize the app. Go do something else, like drink your coffee, call your mom, load the dishwasher...

- when a certain amount of time has passed, more than a minute and less than 20 minutes, tap on the Growlr active frame and the "nearby" thumbnails should have appeared. Now you can tap on a thumbnail, read the associated profile, and after a few seconds, his main profile pic should appear.

- during this arduous process (which will be unacceptable to a lot of people, especially those who need immediate responses & instant gratification, and who really have nothing else more important to do than check Growlr, no disrespect intended), resist the urge to check your Growlr messages (by tapping on the message icon in the upper right corner of the screen). If you tap that message icon now, you'll find that you can read your messages, but neither the thumbnail of the sender nor those of his ermmm "extra" pics will appear. But you will be able to read the text of the messages, as well as scroll back thru the entire conversation, including being able to see both the thumbnail and the full screen view of any photos sent as part of the messages with that sender.

If you do resist the urge to check messages during the above-mentioned arduous process, the first screen of nearby profile will ultimately appear, then you can tap on them and scroll down too. Plus, now when you check messages, all the thumbnails will appear after a few seconds.

You're welcome. But it is what it is.

Scruff and Grindr both work amazingly well on BB10. So I believe something in the Growlr app is broken. The developer won't respond to issues on BB10 cuz he doesn't support it.
    04-29-15 06:09 AM
    I had slowness on 10.3 and made the mistake of logging out and now can't log back in. Says email and password do not match.

Sent from the amazing BlackBerry Z30
    Last edited by grandam30; 05-17-15 at 10:27 PM.
    05-17-15 11:13 AM